Home Main Category General Firearms

Thoughts On the M2 Flamethrower

Warmaster94Warmaster94 New MemberPosts: 20 New Member
Flamethrowers are my favourite type of firearm due to the simplicity and how badass they are, who doesnt want to burn out enemy positions in Iwo Jima and spray fire like a dragon? They come under section 5 firearms and most people hate the device thinking it is evil and inhumane and to be honest i think it benefits as a tool as much as it does a weapon, you can clear out hornet nests with it in the back yard, melt snow off your driveway during the winter, clear out weeds and if some crooks decide to pick your house for trouble, i think 50ft of napalm coming out of the front porch is enough to make them run a few states outta there. It'd be a great home defense tool with a big fear factor making sure the crooks won't come back unless you burned your own house down in the process or its the UK cause everyone knows and the British Government have made it clear that you are not allow to defend yourself unless you have already been stabbed up by the intruder or you are looking for a long time in a prison cell.

Anyway what are you folks thoughts about the trusty old M2 flamethrower?

Who Dares Wins

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,825 Senior Member
    Best we mere mortals got is a can a Aqua Net and a Bic lighter!!
  • Warmaster94Warmaster94 New Member Posts: 20 New Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »

or a scuba tank, C02 bottle, pressure washer gun, blowtorch and some fuel.
    Who Dares Wins
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member
    Actually, these are available
    http://xm42.com/
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    All I seem to be able to handle is a zippo with supervision......
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    FIFY.
    fair enough :beer:

Though in the "free world" folks go buy AKs, M16s and RPGs at the local dealer, or at least go buy supressors based on what they want/can afford, as opposed to what the batfeieio says you can have after you give them your $200 and wait a few months
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I got the impression from reading and watching documentaries that those that used them were targeted with extreme prejudice as well as having to stomache the horrific effects.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    It sometime blew up when used.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »

Break cleaner and a Bic , it squirts further.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Flamethrowers are my favourite type of firearm due to the simplicity and how badass they are, who doesnt want to burn out enemy positions in Iwo Jima and spray fire like a dragon? They come under section 5 firearms and most people hate the device thinking it is evil and inhumane and to be honest i think it benefits as a tool as much as it does a weapon, you can clear out hornet nests with it in the back yard, melt snow off your driveway during the winter, clear out weeds and if some crooks decide to pick your house for trouble, i think 50ft of napalm coming out of the front porch is enough to make them run a few states outta there. It'd be a great home defense tool with a big fear factor making sure the crooks won't come back unless you burned your own house down in the process or its the UK cause everyone knows and the British Government have made it clear that you are not allow to defend yourself unless you have already been stabbed up by the intruder or you are looking for a long time in a prison cell.

Anyway what are you folks thoughts about the trusty old M2 flamethrower?

Dear Lord in heaven, make it stop.

Moderator!

Calling a moderator.
    You seem to have a very big problem with my presence, I suggest you don't view my posts if you do not particularly like them.
    Who Dares Wins
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    You seem to have a very big problem with my presence, I suggest you don't view my posts if you do not particularly like them.
    Well put

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Man portable flame throwers are all fun and games until a bullet pierces the pressurized fuel tank and you're surrounded by atomized fuel and holding a flaming wand in front of you. That happened a few times during the Pacific island hopping during WWII, and the flame thrower operator didn't survive being in the middle of the huge fuel air bonfire. Tank flamethrowers were a lot safer.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    gator wrote: »
    Well put

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Thank you it's only right that he follows my suggestion
    Who Dares Wins
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    I have used the flamethrower in training*, it's the only weapon I used that scared me and I was on the good end, that flame is only a few feet from you and it is HOT. And hold tight, it is like holding a fire hose.

* yeah, I'm that old.
    You seem to have a very big problem with my utter balderdash, I suggest you don't view my twaddle if you do not particularly like prattle.

Indeed. :up:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Shush, what's the Brit equivalent of a 12 year old Rambo waannabe computer nerd living in his parents' basement and playing Call of Duty 20 hours a day?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Shush, what's the Brit equivalent of a 12 year old Rambo waannabe computer nerd living in his parents' basement and playing Call of Duty 20 hours a day?
    :uhm:
    Jerry

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=A%20FULL%20ARSHOLE
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,733 Senior Member
    His heart's in the right place. You guys act as if you were never young and without a gun. I'm sure War imagines flamethrowers are common ordinance here in the US, like we think all Englishmen wear bowlers and carry umbrellas. (uh....they don't, do they?)

Skin grows thicker with age.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L wrote: »
    ......... like we think all Englishmen wear bowlers and carry umbrellas. (uh....they don't, do they?)

5ajbeWB.gif?noredirect

Top hats.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    When did Gecko45 moved to the U.K.?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    Speaking of Englishmen, what ever happened to the young fellow who used to slay foxes? Isle of Wight or Isle of Man. Can't remember his name/handle.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Tigman. He is doing fine. He is on my Facebook, but doesn't seem to post here anymore.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Tigman. He is doing fine. He is on my Facebook, but doesn't seem to post here anymore.

Well Hello Tigman, if you are lurking. Tell him I said hello on FB.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Teach wrote: »
    ............ a 12 year old Rambo waannabe computer nerd................
    Jerry

It's late here, think his mum sent him to bed.

He will be back tomorrow, after school.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,252 Senior Member
    A fearful weapon. . .

Indeed, so fearful a weapon that it makes the carrier a priority target of EVERYBODY on the other side, no matter what else they're doing at the time. It's like a poisonous spider or snake - all conversation in the room pauses when one shows up and doesn't resume until it's smashed with a shoe or decapitated.

So put me down as a "pass" on being a carrier for the Flammenwerfers.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    I only like fire when its grilling my steak.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    Considering the thing held 4 gallons of fuel and consumed it at a rate of 1/2 gallon a second....you had 8 seconds of use...8 seconds before you had to run down to the gas station for a refill...not to mention recharging the nitrogen tank. Carrying anything beyond a handgun as a secondary weapon was pretty much impossible. Beyond someone shooting the tanks, there are quite a few documented cases of flamethrower operators immolating themselves due to a headwind or poor footing (the recoil of a flamethower is significant) . All in all... there's a reason the things faded into obscurity....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Not to mention you have to be pretty much upright to shoot the damn thing.
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    Is this dude just a British kid?
    Rocketman wrote: »
    Is this dude just a British kid?

Yes Shush and his crew made it very clear, I am a "12 year old" rambo wannabe who lives in my mums basement and trains on Call Of Duty for 20 hours a day.
    Who Dares Wins