Home Main Category Clubhouse

It all started with a feral cat

2»

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I caught my neighbor's cat trying to cut my brake lines this AM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had one go after the brake lines. I do remember a couple that apparently tried to go after the fan belt, not one made it past the fan though.

My sister still thinks Pumkin ran away.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    We have barn cats and all are spayed or neutered. My wife brought in a feral that had some high mileage on him ... missing parts of both ears, messed up back leg and just roughed up. Now that sucker is about 12 lbs and stays within 50 feet of the porch. He comes in when he wants but does spend most time on one of the porches. Funny thing when inside he hangs around in the basement and when I go in the shop he is up on the shelf above my reloading bench. He doesn't bother anything but just hangs up there watching while the Labs get under foot. If I shut the door on them the Labs bark and the cat howls ... even over the stereo.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,394 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    Charlie now.
    100_1574_zpsxlzzhefp.jpg

Charlie has excellent taste in firearms. Does he let you shoot them?

I'm a cat person, always have been. Had a really cool Siamese (name of "Bloat") when I was a teenager, who loved to ride with me on my motorcycle. I'd wear a big, thick old jacket, and he'd perch on my shoulder and hang on!

We had a big yellow tabby ("Hershey") similar to your Charlie who had a lame front leg - but it didn't slow him down in the slightest! Those yellow tabbies are special.

Then there was a feral when I was a small child, "Honey". She'd only come around when hunting wasn't good and she was getting skinny. We'd feed her, she'd let us pet her, and she'd stick around until she got good and healthy again - then she'd take off. Sometimes it was *years* before we'd see her again. This went on for somewhere north of 15 years before she was gone for good, although we kept looking for her for many years afterward.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    I'm a cat person, always have been.

REALLY can't say I am surprised. You resemble a cat lady I knew when I was a kid. She took better care of her beard though.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,394 Senior Member
    Yea, yea! :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    My daughter and her rescue kitty. She calls him Baz. I call him XXL:jester:

"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »

Damn, I'd hate to keep the litter box clean for that catzilla!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • SmileySmiley Member Posts: 201 Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »

What a spoiled cat. :cool:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    "Me too, because mines as big as hat. "

:jester: I see you're a fan of Bob and Tom....
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,634 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Charlie has excellent taste in firearms. Does he let you shoot them?

I took them back when he wasn't looking.