Home Main Category General Firearms

Rant/Kudos to Palmetto State Armory

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,096 Senior Member
I ordered a "Defender Classic" lower parts kit (LPK) from Palmetto State Armory (PSA) the other day. The difference between the "Defender Classic" and the regular "Classic" LPK is the upgraded polished/nickled hammer & trigger.

What I took out of the box was a standard black hammer and trigger :mad:

Thinking the order filler might have grabbed the wrong box by mistake, I double checked and the box had the correct SKU on it. :cuss:

So, on the phone I get, spending 45 minutes listening to some "jacked up" hold music :vomit: When I finally get a person I explain what I ordered vs what I received. On hold again for ~10 minutes, he returns, "The difference between them is the upgraded fire controls, so the correct ones will be shipped out to you within the next 48 hours"

I let him know that I have a second one already en route, and ask am I going to have go through all this again next week when it arrives? He says this is the first time he's heard of anyone having this problem so I shouldn't, however, if I do, email him directly. He then sends me an email so I have his direct email address if I have a problem with the inbound order.

I asked if he wanted me to send the incorrect parts back, his replay was, "If it's just the one, don't worry about it. If the second one is incorrect too, then yeah, we'll have you send them back to us"

So, while not getting what I ordered is rather aggravating (rant), I have to give PSA kudos for how they handled the problem, once I got through to a person.
While a little slow, their dedication to customer service is top notch :applause:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,925 Senior Member
    Good to hear, I just placed an order with them this morning myself.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Yeah, they are far from perfect. But they do deliver (eventually) decent quality at a fair price, and that is what they are selling. Good to know that they make some effort at customer service.
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 435 Member
    PSA has been good to me but if you are in a hurry buy elseware
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    I hate going on hold.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    So far so good, I have made 2 orders and they both showed up in about a week plus a day or two. Still yet to find the "blemish" on my 2nd lower I bought a few months ago.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I juts got my .22 Magnum A-22 CCI Game Points order from them yesterday. I have ordered factory ammo and magazines from them and always got exactly what I ordered. Not what I'd call Express Shipping, but usually within a week I get it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Good to hear that PSA handled the problem like that. Good customer service even if being put on hold for a long time. They seem to keep busier than a one legged man at a butt kickin', though. Price of successful business model! :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Price of successful business model! :up:
    Yep :up:

I think I liked them better before they became so successful. They had more ammo I was interested in, and kept it in stock.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 435 Member
    Sometimes with some of their prices I can put up with a little aggravation
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    So far so good, I have made 2 orders and they both showed up in about a week plus a day or two. Still yet to find the "blemish" on my 2nd lower I bought a few months ago.

This. EXACTLY my experience... Except I have made ~4 purchases now.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug