Shooting, Hunting

wizard78wizard78 Senior MemberPosts: 1,004 Senior Member
On par with ALL shooting, is hunting game. I just got back from a short hunt in NY for Turkey, Pheasant and Whitetail deer. The 7mm/08 finally got bloodied this year and performed flawlessly. The Benelli Super Black Eagle came through again with Turkey and was awesome on Pheasant.

Like all deer, this small 1x2 (delicious eating) buck magicly appeared near my post. It seems like deer don't make noise and when one is present, it's like magic in the forest when you look in their direction. They are just "there". The 140gr. Winchester 7mm/08 power point, went in just behind the left shoulder and exited a bit lower and farther back because of the angle. Took out the liver and top part of stomach but caused no damage to the meat. He went about 125 yds hunched over before laying down. A guess is, he weighed in about 125lbs cleaned out. The venison went to a needy family.

DSC00752.jpg

My Nephew and I also took a pair of Turkey hens and the Benelli Super Black Eagle came through again. Amazing how this 3&1/2 12ga tames recoil with the Inertia action and flex stock.

HPIM2867.jpg

Lastly. A memorable hunt with the Benelli in a farm field, hunting Pheasants. It came to point better than my Ruger O/U Red Labels when aiming at Pheasant flushed by our friends dog, Dallas.

DSC00751.jpg

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,512 Senior Member
    looks like you and your nephew had a great day. Congrats.

btw, you post will almost surely be moved to the hunting forum.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,110 Senior Member
    Man that looks like you have been having a grand old time. Hitting state to state and hunting sounds like a whole lot of fun. I am green with envy! Thanks for sharing.