Home Main Category Hunting

Pushing Pigs!

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Never had one that would take cake from my mouth but I had a couple pretty tame cows way back when.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Sunny FloridaPosts: 448 Member
    Get 'em Zee!! Your rep is on the line here.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member North CarolinaPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Hondo341 wrote: »

His reputation precedes him ... hence the fuzzy pheasants amscray when they hear he's coming!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    Hondo341 wrote: »

36D1E035-539B-4A0D-9161-FFB7A049EB99_zpssy8h0z19.jpg
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Sounds like a job for the 10mm :up:

Gonna take the 16" Rossi in .45 Colt tonight. It's got a laser mounted on it now. :devil:
    Pigs died tonight. My reputation is safe. Just finished butchering. It's six in the morning................I'm going to bed.

I'll post pics later.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Running from the corn, he sprinted out through the stubble in an attempt to make it to another section of corn. My rancher friend was on him like the plague! Dropping him with one shot from his .308 Win POF rifle at a little past 100 yards. The round struck the spine and floored him.

Not bad for an old man.

Although he would probably never admit it, the old fart probably was tickled pink that he shined in front of a young whippersnapper with professional shooting skills. He won't forget that he had a good time with you. :up:
    Went out about 11 last night to hunt down the corn thieves. Nothing was going on, so I walked around the corn stubble trying to find the best place to ambush the porcine. In walking around, I realized that the crusty dirt and stubble was rather loud to walk. So.............I walked back to the truck and took off my boots. Bare feet it would be.

I went back to a good centrally located spot from the two places I figured they would come. Laid down in the field..........and took a nap. About every 30 minutes or so, I would sit up and look around.

Last night, I saw the pigs enter the field about 3:30 in the morning. So, about 3:15 I started making my way towards the hole in the fence I saw them leave the trees. About half way there........black shapes came out in the open. Then, they darted back into the brush. A few seconds later, they came back out. Just to dart back in again. Finally, they slowly came back out. One at a time. It was the same 5 pigs I saw last night and they were right on cue at 3:30 again.

They slowly made their way out into the field and I slowly crept towards their line of travel. Like ducks in a row, they trotted towards the corn and at 16 yards........as they passed by me...........I placed the dot of the laser on the head of the lead pig.

BOOM! I sent a 250gr XTP bullet through the head of my target. Striking him between the ear and eye as he traveled broadside to me. At the shot, he dropped and 4 other piggies scattered like quail. As they ran away, I lased another and dropped him with a quartering away spine shot that entered the middle of the right ribs and exited just behind the left shoulder.

And three little pigs scurried off into the darkness.

A pig for my friend and a pig for me. Couldn't be better.

There is no autopsy tonight as well, one was a head shot and the other a spine. Not much to autopsy. Besides, I was racing to get them to the house and quartered on ice as it was still pretty warm. And.......in my hast........I sliced my left index finger pretty good.

3E44E780-49A4-4509-84D2-C47F49E189BA_zpsvm8ggggd.jpg

Stuck that sucker about halfway through to the other side. Oops.

Pig 1 @ 16 yards
    Milstead%20Pigs%20with%2045%20Colt%2010-7-16%206%20-%20Copy_zpslm1vny0b.jpg

Pig 2 @ 30 yards
    Milstead%20Pigs%20with%2045%20Colt%2010-7-16%2010_zpszouwdyyk.jpg

They were both boars but perfect eating size. Gonna be yum!

Bare feet...................

Milstead%20Pigs%20with%2045%20Colt%2010-7-16%205_zpscwlvlrzs.jpg

That's how I roll!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Awesome work, going barefoot, "native style".

Those look perfect for " la caja china"

http://www.lacajachina.com/

Get some Mojo Criollo and have a party!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    Love the story...It is so you!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Barefoot huntin in the corn stubble. Sounds like a line from a country song.

Good job on the piggies!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    I admire your determination and shooting ability. I shot my first ducks barefooted, but it wasn't out of any pre-conceived plan - I just lost my tennies in the sucking mud, and didn't want to look like a greenhorn, so I didn't mention it. Good write-up. :up:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member

Bare feet...................

Milstead%20Pigs%20with%2045%20Colt%2010-7-16%205_zpscwlvlrzs.jpg

That's how I roll!

About the time your posts are becoming routine, that's not to say boring, but your standards are routine, you take it up a notch and hunt Hobbit style, nicely done and good shooting, looks like that middle finger has seen some abuse too:silly:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    When DID hobbits learn to hunt?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Very nice - a multi-swine bonanza!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Sunny FloridaPosts: 448 Member
    Good job Zee! Yeap, your reputation is intact. Nice write-up as well. That does sound fun. Congratulations.

I have one of those Rossi's in .44 mag/.44 spl.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    You have successfully transformed him from a carney to a hobbit in one post

WELL DONE :worthy:

Zee, the hunting hobbit :rotflmao:

He does need a little more hair on his feet though :yikes:

Sorry Zee, the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the picture was, hey, the Hobbit shaved his feet. Hobbits hunt with swords! Orcs, cave trolls, giant spiders and such, being a hunting hobbit is hardly for the faint of heart.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Love the story...It is so you!

Better toughen your tootsies. It's the new standard when you come down next time.
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Barefoot huntin in the corn stubble. Sounds like a line from a country song.

Good job on the piggies!

A bad one at that. Ha!
    bisley wrote: »
    I admire your determination and shooting ability. I shot my first ducks barefooted, but it wasn't out of any pre-conceived plan - I just lost my tennies in the sucking mud, and didn't want to look like a greenhorn, so I didn't mention it. Good write-up. :up:

Thanks.

Isn't it usually COLD when you hunt ducks?!?
    cpj wrote: »
    Freak.

:wink:
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    About the time your posts are becoming routine, that's not to say boring, but your standards are routine, you take it up a notch and hunt Hobbit style, nicely done and good shooting, looks like that middle finger has seen some abuse too:silly:

Gotta keep you guys satisfied.

Yeah, 8 cut half that finger off with a hand crank meat grinder when I was a teen butchering a deer. Docs put most of it back on. After my later to be wife and friends gf dug it out of the grinder and took it to the hospital.

I have what they couldnt use on my bookshelf in a little bottle of Formaldehyde.

Makes for a polite way to give someone the "bird".

"Have I showed you where I cut my finger?" :middlefingerraised:
    You have successfully transformed him from a carney to a hobbit in one post

WELL DONE :worthy:

Zee, the hunting hobbit :rotflmao:

He does need a little more hair on his feet though :yikes:

:wink:

All part of our world domination plan.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member North CarolinaPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Barefoot with a lever action.45 in a corn field ... all you needed was bib overalls :jester:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Awesome
    You are living what many fantasize about
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,401 Senior Member
    Excellent.
    Re the 'footwear'. Sometimes you just have to do what you just have to do lol. I have completed a couple of stalks sans footwear over the past few years, it brings a whole new aspect to the hunt.

Sort of a 'back to the caveman' feeling in the blood.

2 alternatives are: Get a pair of thin neoprene dive boots.
    : If you know an elderly relative that Knits, get her/him to knit you a pair of moccasin type slippers out of surplus carpet wool.

I am wearing a pair of carpet wool slippers as I type this..............:tooth:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    Better toughen your tootsies. It's the new standard when you come down next time.
    I think I need to order some moccasins:jester:
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    orchidman wrote: »
    Excellent.
    Re the 'footwear'. Sometimes you just have to do what you just have to do lol. I have completed a couple of stalks sans footwear over the past few years, it brings a whole new aspect to the hunt.

Sort of a 'back to the caveman' feeling in the blood.

2 alternatives are: Get a pair of thin neoprene dive boots.
    : If you know an elderly relative that Knits, get her/him to knit you a pair of moccasin type slippers out of surplus carpet wool.

I am wearing a pair of carpet wool slippers as I type this..............:tooth:

Not a bad idea. Bare feet for hunting only works in plowed fields. Everywhere else, there are cactus and grass burrs. Not feet friendly.
    I think I need to order some moccasins:jester:

Awww, come on!!!

:jester: