Home Main Category Hunting

PA Muzzleloader Doe Bagged

2»

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Congratulations. That would have to be the easiest hunt you have had for a while. Good hustle my friend.

Love the last 2 pics of the blood trail.............even a blind man could follow that.

( Waitspatientlyforaninvitationtoabacksteakdinner.................just kidding)
    If I could afford the ungodly overnight freight charge, you would have some en route in a vacuum pack as soon as I get it back from the processor!

You are right, this was all but certainly the easiest hunt I've ever had. The only other one that comes close was my Nevada antelope hunt (over in the first 20 minutes of legal daylight), but even then, I did intense scouting and prep work the day prior to make the hunt itself go so fast.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    I see cpj giggling...which reminds me: I forgot to share a funny story related to this hunt.

As a lover of all things that make life easier in the field, I've become a big fan of the Butt Out rectum removal tool. I first thought it was a gimmick, but after seeing a friend get the...butt...out...of a deer in record time, I was sold! It takes the normally annoying and time consuming task of rectum removal down to an extremely fast - literally sub-10 second - exercise in easy field work. It's not much bigger than an average knife, so it's pretty pack-friendly.

Well, something was not going right for me this time. I pushed the Butt Out into the deer, but was immediately hung up on bone and couldn't insert it any further. Hmmm. That's strange. I fought and fought with it to no avail. The thing wouldn't go in far enough to grab enough tissue to get the job done. Then I looked a little more closely and realized what was wrong.

Yep.

Wrong hole. That hasn't happened since high school :tooth:

I promptly put the tool in the correct place and went on about my business.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Thanks, Robin! When I get down to TN, I'll give that Tip curtis gun a try. It's not legal for PA, but it will be down there.

OK, I forgot that you had it made in .36.............robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,202 Senior Member
    :applause:
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    OK, I forgot that you had it made in .36.............robin
    Yeah, this one was made to be primarily a small game gun with the added bonus of being legal for deer near Teach's place. My .54 cal flinter would've been just fine, but I really wanted to finally try that inline bullet out. Also, I have never fully licked the patch tearing issues with that big bore. I really want to get that sorted out before I shoot it at distance anymore.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,187 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    I see cpj giggling...which reminds me: I forgot to share a funny story related to this hunt.

As a lover of all things that make life easier in the field, I've become a big fan of the Butt Out rectum removal tool. I first thought it was a gimmick, but after seeing a friend get the...butt...out...of a deer in record time, I was sold! It takes the normally annoying and time consuming task of rectum removal down to an extremely fast - literally sub-10 second - exercise in easy field work. It's not much bigger than a field knife, so it's pretty pack-friendly.

Well, something was not going right for me this time. I pushed the Butt Out into the deer, but was immediately hung up on bone and couldn't insert it any further. Hmmm. That's strange. I fought and fought with it to no avail. The thing wouldn't go in far enough to grab enough tissue to get the job done. Then I looked a little more closely and realized what was wrong.

Yep.

Wrong hole. That hasn't happened since high school :tooth:

I promptly put the tool in the correct place and went on about my business.

:spittingcoffee::rotflmao:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,535 Senior Member
    Perhaps, not enough time spent at home??
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Perhaps, not enough time spent at home??

Nah, I just bit off on the more prominent aperture. Seems that this one was a floozy.
  • Great OutdoorsGreat Outdoors Member Posts: 323 Member
    very nice hunt- those short hunts are sweet- a few years ago I signed in at the clubhouse and started walking to a nearby trail, 150 yards from the clubhouse I spot 3 does feeding on the edge of the trail, knelt down, wrapped a hasty sling and dropped the biggest doe DRT( probably 100 yd shot), as I started walking toward her, I heard a 4 wheeler crank up and head toward me, my buddy rounded the corner, saw the dead doe and beat me to the deer. Short and sweet.
    That's a great way to get it done, Great Outdoors. It's even better when there's an ATV handy!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Back in the dark ages (before email and internet forums) someone wrote a letter to Field & Stream asking "Where's the best place to shoot a moose?" He got a classic answer- - - - -"Right next to a pickup truck!"

:rotflmao:
    Jerry
    I think JerryBobCo and Linefinder would agree that also applies to elk!