Home Main Category Hunting

PA Muzzleloader Doe Bagged

2»

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    :applause:
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    OK, I forgot that you had it made in .36.............robin
    Yeah, this one was made to be primarily a small game gun with the added bonus of being legal for deer near Teach's place. My .54 cal flinter would've been just fine, but I really wanted to finally try that inline bullet out. Also, I have never fully licked the patch tearing issues with that big bore. I really want to get that sorted out before I shoot it at distance anymore.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,401 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    I see cpj giggling...which reminds me: I forgot to share a funny story related to this hunt.

As a lover of all things that make life easier in the field, I've become a big fan of the Butt Out rectum removal tool. I first thought it was a gimmick, but after seeing a friend get the...butt...out...of a deer in record time, I was sold! It takes the normally annoying and time consuming task of rectum removal down to an extremely fast - literally sub-10 second - exercise in easy field work. It's not much bigger than a field knife, so it's pretty pack-friendly.

Well, something was not going right for me this time. I pushed the Butt Out into the deer, but was immediately hung up on bone and couldn't insert it any further. Hmmm. That's strange. I fought and fought with it to no avail. The thing wouldn't go in far enough to grab enough tissue to get the job done. Then I looked a little more closely and realized what was wrong.

Yep.

Wrong hole. That hasn't happened since high school :tooth:

I promptly put the tool in the correct place and went on about my business.

:spittingcoffee::rotflmao:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,233 Senior Member
    Perhaps, not enough time spent at home??
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Perhaps, not enough time spent at home??

Nah, I just bit off on the more prominent aperture. Seems that this one was a floozy.
  • Great OutdoorsGreat Outdoors Member Posts: 326 Member
    very nice hunt- those short hunts are sweet- a few years ago I signed in at the clubhouse and started walking to a nearby trail, 150 yards from the clubhouse I spot 3 does feeding on the edge of the trail, knelt down, wrapped a hasty sling and dropped the biggest doe DRT( probably 100 yd shot), as I started walking toward her, I heard a 4 wheeler crank up and head toward me, my buddy rounded the corner, saw the dead doe and beat me to the deer. Short and sweet.
    That's a great way to get it done, Great Outdoors. It's even better when there's an ATV handy!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Back in the dark ages (before email and internet forums) someone wrote a letter to Field & Stream asking "Where's the best place to shoot a moose?" He got a classic answer- - - - -"Right next to a pickup truck!"

:rotflmao:
    Jerry
    I think JerryBobCo and Linefinder would agree that also applies to elk!