Door repair

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 6,596 Senior Member
Ya know how I like to complain about buisness degrees running stuff? Here is a repair by a contractor that took months to get around to do in the streamlined efficient world we live in run by whiteboard wizards.

doorrepair_zpshdi3s4ga.jpg

and they paid for it.

Hopefully its temporary, its only been rotten for a year, so 2021??

Mice and muxes dont mix.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,596 Senior Member
    A emergency repair is one thing, this has been in as a repair ticket since last year.

Fiber trays and doors are from different budgets. If the mice get in and eat the fiber, it doesnt count against Buildings and Grounds. Just like when they cut back the AC because they read somewhere that the eq will work in 90deg ambient. It will, but in 80% + humidity, cards catch on fire, literally.

But they get a promotion because it saved money and the damage happens next quarter, comes out of a different budget and in corpspeak, there is no cause and affect.

If its a wet cell in a office, 2.2V
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,521 Senior Member
    Just replaced two doors here that were rotted like that. Only took six months to get corporate on board, so I guess I'm winning? :uhm:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,131 Senior Member
    Flash back to my High School years. Back door to the electronics lab was all swelled up and rotten. Instructor tried for months to get it fixed, no go. Then one day, there was a brand new door in place. "How did you do it?" I asked the instructor...

... it took me over a decade to find out, because he was being VERY cagey. Even though the details were still a bit on the vague side, even after all that time, it seems that a rather large truck managed to plant the corner of its bumper against the (old) door. Oops...

Man, I haven't thought of that story in years - of course, there *was* a school administration involved with it - and we all know what that means!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,596 Senior Member
    I was on call 2 weeks after they turned the heat up. Got called early AM and got to the office at about light. Its off line, and you can smell the stink of fried Trons. I start putting the back of my hand against drawers and find a hot one. Pulled it out and when the air hit it we had a thermal event. We dropped 6-7 offices before we got them to make the AC run a little more. Not enough, we still lose a drawer once or twice a year.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,521 Senior Member
    Thermal event. I like that.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin