Home Main Category Hunting

My weekly hunting report w/pics :)

TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula MemberPosts: 300 Member
Yesterday evening we went to look for some deers coming to eat in to the field with my father. I took my place about 300 yards from my dad's "ambush". Last weekend we saw seven deers on that spot of the field. But this time my father was luckier as he soon saw a deer cow coming with her two fawns to the oats field that has been especially planted for the animals to eat. They came pretty early as it was 5:05 p.m when I heard the first shot from my dad's Tikka T3 chambered in .308 A few seconds later another shot blasted and I though that second shot was needed for the deer. But no, when the other one fell down the other one stayed still and my father got an double deer. **** :)

Today we were hunting moose again. Temperature just above the freezing point and a strong wind under the power lines made it quite refreshing experience. I saw a squirrel :)

I had to leave earlier today and missed the second drive as it's my goddaughter's 18th birthday and she has invited me to celebrate her adulthood. As I was driving home from our hunting area there was a couple of deers on the nearby field. Of course... :)

As father's usually wants the best for their children my dad gave me both of the deers. Freezer is really getting occupied at this rate. Tomorrow we are going again after moose. We'll see what will happen tomorrow.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake-

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    That's some nice looking country.
    Congratulations!
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,872 Senior Member
    Nice!

I'm beginning to hate you as much as Zee
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,979 Senior Member
    Pretty country and your father has good taste in rifles and cartridges.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,684 Senior Member
    nice:up: and thanks for sharing :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 300 Member
    NN wrote: »
    Nice!

I'm beginning to hate you as much as Zee

Haha! How come? As I'm fairly new to forum can you give me a short story? :)
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
    -William Blake-
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Wow - he had a great day. I've only been that lucky once in my life, and it's a great feeling. Congrats to both of you on a great time out there!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,541 Senior Member
    Haha! How come? As I'm fairly new to forum can you give me a short story? :)

Its a jealousy thing. Not to be taken seriously. You will see YOU SUCK, on posts about new firearms. Again, just good natured ribbing.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,872 Senior Member
    Its a jealousy thing. Not to be taken seriously. You will see YOU SUCK, on posts about new firearms. Again, just good natured ribbing.
    Yeah, TurdusMerula; we Americans have weird English usage when compared to how the rest of the world uses English :jester: