Another undefeated going down (UA v TA&M)

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 19,132 Senior Member
I'm not sure which one yet, but UA and TA&M are both undefeated, so one's going to have their first loss.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,132 Senior Member
    33-14 Alabama :applause:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,638 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    33-14 Alabama :applause:

Congrats on a good win, y'all have a force of a team. Turnovers killed us today, not to mention y'alls defense shut us down for the most part and your offense is outstanding :mad::mad::mad:
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    Thank you.

Now if ALL the fans will just GET OUT OF TOWN.

i hate home game weekends

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,659 Senior Member
    I was wondering how long it would take a 'bama fan to mention this.

We played you close up until that NOT. After that, it was all over but the crying.

Congrats to the Tide. You're still the best in the country by far.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

We played you close up until that NOT. After that, it was all over but the crying.

I mentioned it about half time, before the outcome was known

I mentioned it about half time, before the outcome was known

I see that now. My apologies.
    Jerry

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,766 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

I hadn't seen either team, but just happened to run across the game when A&M went ahead 14-13. I thought, wow, this is cool - Alabama is supposed to be unbeatable. As the game rolled along, I came to the conclusion that they are almost unbeatable. It seems that they just rest a little occasionally, and turn it all back on whenever necessary. Teams do get beat that way, sometimes, but they really are an amazing team, in every aspect of the game.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,964 Senior Member
    Congrats to you Bama fans but you better watch it, The University of Texas will probably be needing a new coach and they may just Steal Sabin. Texas pays a winning coach very well and most all coaches that come to Austin want to stay. For now you have the best college coach in the country and there's a lot of Orange Bloods wanting him in Austin.

So if you want to keep winning be vewy vewy quiet and be vewy vewy careful not to piss Sabin off.:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Congrats to you Bama fans but you better watch it, The University of Texas will probably be needing a new coach and they may just Steal Sabin. Texas pays a winning coach very well and most all coaches that come to Austin want to stay. For now you have the best college coach in the country and there's a lot of Orange Bloods wanting him in Austin.

So if you want to keep winning be vewy vewy quiet and be vewy vewy careful.

tu would have a better chance of raising Dana X. Bible from the grave than luring Nick Sabin away from Tuscaloosa.
    Jerry

You sure about that? Texas pays great and there's so many perks with that job. Ask Mack Brown and if you could Darrel Royal. The lure of being in Austin makes it hard to turn down. Once you get in it's like family.

Some wanted Brown Fired and in affect that's about what happened(Personally, I thought they were crazy). But he'd been flat for several years. However, you keep winning and they keep sticking a contract in your face you'd have to be **** to turn down.

And guess what? Sabin knows this and Sabin is a better coach than Brown(And Brown was no slouch) so I suspect he would keep winning there. Brown is a great recruiter and I suspect he's still doing some of that in Austin and he will work with any good coach and be a great asset (Sabin knows this as well). He still lives there. But Sabin is one of the best college coaches ever in my opinion. I think he rivals even Mr Bible.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Speaking of Mr. Bible, you do know he not only coached Texas, but also Texas A&M AND Nebraska. He was a winner wherever he was.

I really believe wherever Sabin is will be a winner( he has been so far) and many times National Champs. He's just that good. And remember, money talks. Few coaches can resist big money. And it's a pride thing too. All coaches dream of being the highest paid in the country, and that can happen at UT.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,338 Senior Member
    Nick Saban is the highest paid coach in the country. His wife likes it in AL, he ain't going anywhere cept fishin at his lake house about march with his latest National Championship trophy.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,252 Senior Member
    Funny thing is, by being the highest-paid coach, Saban is the highest paid public employee in the nation. Heck, the public employees who aren't coaches don't even break the $1 million a year mark. And most of them are doctors (medical doctors.) They may run med schools, but they'd make more $$$ in private practice.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/nick_saban_is_the_highest_paid.html
    Overkill is underrated.
    Speaking of Mr. Bible, you do know he not only coached Texas, but also Texas A&M AND Nebraska. He was a winner wherever he was.

I really believe wherever Sabin is will be a winner( he has been so far) and many times National Champs. He's just that good. And remember, money talks. Few coaches can resist big money. And it's a pride thing too. All coaches dream of being the highest paid in the country, and that can happen at UT.

I knew he coached at A&M and Texas. Didn't know about Nebraska, though.

He was the coach the last time the Aggies won the national title (1939). I'm pretty sure he at least one national title at tu.

As for Sabin leaving Alabama for a program in shambles such as the one at tu, that's laughable. It ain't gonna happen.
    Jerry

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,766 Senior Member
    Congrats to you Bama fans but you better watch it, The University of Texas will probably be needing a new coach....

I hope you are wrong about that. I'd like to see Charlie Strong have one more year. He has done a good job of recruiting players of decent character with athletic ability and I think it merits another year to see if it's possible to have a winning team without recruiting thugs.
    I suspect Lane Kiffin will leave within the next couple of years, Saban, not so much.

And the only place he wasn't successful was the Dolphins. He left there to come to Bama before they could fire him.

I suspect Lane Kiffin will leave within the next couple of years, Saban, not so much.

And the only place he wasn't successful was the Dolphins. He left there to come to Bama before they could fire him.

There's a lot of successful college coaches who were not successful making the transition to the NFL. Lou Holt is another good example.

Jimmy Johnson is probably the one who stands out that did well in both, and that was largely due to the Herschel Walker trade he made while at Dallas. That single trade gave the 'boyz a lot of great players for years to come. Even Barry Switzer was able to win it all with the talent pool that Johnson left behind. And, when Johnson went to the Dolphins, he was not successful. It's a different game and you have the acquire talent in an entirely different manner.
    Jerry