Home Main Category Personal Defense

Tactical defense flishlight

2»

Replies

• SargeSarge Member Posts: 324 Member
    cpj wrote: »
    And in the context of this thread, which is self defense, not a covert military sniping operation... I'm saying....there are advantages.

Yeah I got a bit off topic, sorry 'bout that. I'd still say though, a flashlight wouldn't be my first line of defense. At least not a small one. Maybe one with a bit of weight behind it, so that if I do manage to stun them with the strobe, I can then deliver a resounding wack to the head.
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
  • KSDeputyKSDeputy Member Posts: 55 Member
    Our alarm system uses some wireless components that run on CR123A batteries. I always keep plenty on hand as the flashlights use them, too. I get mine on Amazon.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Darkness vs light... Each has it's place.

I've got a Fenix rechargeable (960 lumens) that ran ~$65-$70 (don't remember exactly since I've owned it for ~1.5 yrs now). Holds a charge very well, and is BLINDINGLY bright. I'd bet most people wouldn't be able to aim at it very well because of the intensity. Certainly not as well as I'd be able to aim with it lighting up my target.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,226 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    And in the context of this thread, which is self defense, not a covert military sniping operation... I'm saying....there are advantages.

Yes....... and you aren't supposed to just stand out in the open with your light on. Use cover , hit light for 1/2 second, then move. Hopefully all they see after that is a white dot burned into their retina and don't even realize you have moved/are gone.

Most of my self-defense plans/ideas are to escape. Not shoot it out.

flashlights.png
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    :that::applause:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member