Camped Out at Academy Last Night

finnfanfinnfan New MemberPosts: 10 New Member
Never been one to do the whole "Black Friday" thing, in fact I've been known to poke fun at those who do, but I couldn't pass this deal up. Waited in line from midnight till they opened at 5. I was the 5th person in line and I left with a neat Rossi (Taurus) .357 six shooter, blued, fixed sights, 3" barrel for $250 otd. I put some rounds through it today and I'm impressed. Accuracy is fine, the trigger pull is actually pretty good, went bang everytime. Going to load it with some +p .38's and keep it in the nightstand.

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,807 Senior Member
    Why load it with .38's? Get your self some Gold Dot .357's... Isn't that what it's for?

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • finnfanfinnfan New Member Posts: 10 New Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Why load it with .38's? Get your self some Gold Dot .357's... Isn't that what it's for?

D
    Just kinda partial to the +p .38 loads for hd. Imo, enough power to do the job with a lot less recoil and flash. That's actually why I wanted a .357- I figure I'll never wear it out with .38's.
  • finnfanfinnfan New Member Posts: 10 New Member
    Obligatory pics: r1a.jpg r1.jpg
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,950 Senior Member
    Looks like a nice pistol :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,919 Senior Member
    Really nice looking pisola, I like it. I also like your thinking on the +ps and not being hard on the pistol. It will probably stay tight forever like that. I have an L Frame S&W .357 Model 586, which is 28 years old now and still very tight. The secret I think is that I almost never shoot .357s in it. I use regular 38s, not even +ps in it unless I take it hunting as my back up or anticipate having to knock down something heavier. I find I can shoot the 38s better usually, but if I thougth I might need it in a pinch I could use the .357s. Saying this, I have a couple of 50 count boxes of 125 grain Hollow Points in the house in case. I also have one speed loader loaded with 158 grain soft points. I keep a speed loader with .357s ready to go nearby.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.