Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Todays NRA-ILA email

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,933 Senior Member
Tumultuous Week Reinforces Importance of Trump’s Election Victory

To say supporters of Hillary Clinton are not taking her stunning loss in last Tuesday’s election well would be an understatement. Their reaction has been more akin to mass hysteria. Although no legitimate group is contesting the validity of the election results, protests – some violent – have caused property damage, snarled traffic, and involved at least one shooting (by reputed “gang associates” armed with a Tec-9). Agitators have stoked rage and panic with fake “hate” incidents. Democrats are lashing out at senior party leaders. Pro-Clinton college students have collapsed into anguish, unable to handle their academic responsibilities. High school students have walked out of school en masse. People have taken to social media to openly call for Trump’s assassination and the assault of his wife, and a college lecturer talked about shooting white people. And in one particularly disturbing incident, a mother brutally shamed her 7-year-old son in an online video for voting for Trump in a mock election at his elementary school, insisting he was no longer welcome at home.

I would like to comment on this article. I live about 60 miles South of Portland, Oregon where much of the violent "protests" have occurred.

To say supporters of Hillary Clinton are not taking her stunning loss in last Tuesday’s election well would be an understatement. Their reaction has been more akin to mass hysteria. Although no legitimate group is contesting the validity of the election results, protests – some violent – have caused property damage, snarled traffic and involved at least one shooting (by reputed “gang associates” armed with a Tec-9).

I have been disappointed several times when my votes went the other way. Like everyone I know we shrugged our shoulders, accepted the democratic process, and hoped for better results next time. The brainwashed ignorant idiot " protesters" incited by well experienced professional anarchists were claiming exercise of their first amendment rights while smashing windows of businesses and vehicles (some owned by liberals), setting fires, Throwing rocks and bottles at police, blocking streets, bridges, highways, and interstates. None of that was peaceful assembly for the purpose of protest. They successfully displayed their complete ignorance of the US Constitution. They were rioting. When I saw the original news report of the Morrison bridge shooting the information was "An occupant of a vehicle stuck in traffic engaged in a heated argument with a protester. The shooter exited the vehicle and fired multiple shots at close range scoring one non life threatening hit. The shooter was described as a black teenage male, slight build, wearing a dark hoodie and blue jeans. He returned to silver sedan vehicle which was able to drive away as the "brave" protesters immediately parted like the Red Sea. Commenters were immediately reporting the shooter was a Trump supporter LOL. My best guess was typical Portland, OR gang bangers in danger of missing out on a lucrative drug deal. The vehicle was stopped by police a short distance away. The driver was an 18 year old suspected of a recent gang shooting. The suspected shooter was only 14 years old. The Tech-9 (what a blast "pun intended" from the past) was recovered. A Glock 19 would be as ballistically effective and easier to conceal but how could gang bangers resist the Tech-9's menacing look.

High school students have walked out of school en masse.

Another local TV news video. High school students walking out while chanting "Fascist Trump"! A reporter caught up with 2 of them and asked one if he knew what fascism was? He answered "uh, uh, I don't know". When asked the same question the female student walking next to him also had no idea. How sad. I learned about fascism in 5th grade history (1962). Origin of the term is from Benito Mussolini's Fasces symbol. A bundle of wooden sticks with an axe blade emerging from the center. The fasces was an ancient Roman symbol of the authority of magistrates and they are traditionally symbolizing summary power and jurisdiction and strength through unity. Now days fascism is mostly connected to "Right Wing" politics but the simple definition is: "A dictatorial/totalitarian government with total control over it's people". Examples are: Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and of course North Korea's "Lil Kimmie". A high priority of President Trump should be taking back our public school system and teaching children the truth!

And in one particularly disturbing incident, a mother brutally shamed her 7-year-old son in an online video for voting for Trump in a mock election at his elementary school, insisting he was no longer welcome at home.

Has Children's Services been notified?