Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Trump's pro-Second Amendment platform could end gun sales boom

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Unintended consequences....................I'll take it any day over more restrictions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/21/trumps-pro-second-amendment-platform-could-end-gun-sales-boom.html
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    A021Ooy.png
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • JRLJRL Member Posts: 355 Member
    Unfortunately, I only discovered the joy of firearm ownership, trading, collecting, shooting, reloading etc in the last few years. So I "bought at high prices" for the last few years.

However, I did own a shotgun and rifle for many years and hunted when I was young.

When I started buying and shooting and reloading in earnest I did it mainly to have a hobby-- my wife was very sick with cancer (she's now a 3-yr survivor thank The Lord) and it was a great hobby to keep me occupied in the workshop

As someone else noted-- it will be better for the industry if we have slow, steady growth and innovation and not panic.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm stockpiling guns for future money :tooth:

FIFY.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,496 Senior Member
    I started hoarding during Klinton 1.0. Praeparet bellum!
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm stockpiling.:tooth:

Ya got it wrong zorba...............but I fixed it for you......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Ya got it wrong zorba...............but I fixed it for you......

Yea, I think ya got it right!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,321 Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure Ruger, S&W, Colt, etc... would all prefer steady to boom, bust, and potential for ceasing to exist.

I'm also pretty sure they'd prefer not to have the features their guns will or will not have dictated to them.

So they may have to downsize a little. Wah! :fiddle: I'm pretty sure when suppressors get deregulated, we'll have a boom in the can industry, as well as for guns that can mount them.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    A non-hostile attitude toward gun owners is great, but I hope the Trump administration also dials back some of the more egregious actions the BATFEIEIO has pulled recently. They have been pretty open about harassing Mom & Pop gun dealers out of business, including one place in Nashville that survived the purge during the Clinton years. They didn't fare so well under Obummer!
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I just want to see lots and lots and lots of .22 LR and .22 WMR ammo back on the shelves again. And I'd REALLY like to see lots and lots of .17 Mach 2 on the shelves. That is my favorite squirrel cartridge, and I'll be running low by next fall.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Speaking of that Teach, JC's is supposed to be closing the 1st of the month last I heard.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician