Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Post It note "suck it up" treated like a hate crime

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
Someone writes "suck it up p***ies" on a sticky note, and the cops are called. Is this what higher education has morphed into?

“A great deal of fear, sadness, and anger among students, faculty, and staff resulted, especially for those that gather in the [office space],” Chamber asserted. “The message was hateful and harmful toward members of our community. It violated every value that this institution considers to be at its core.”

In response to the incendiary note, staff from the student conduct, human resources, Title IX, and diversity offices were brought together so they could decide how to respond to the “hateful message.”

According to Chambers, “the group determined that the message constituted a Hate Crime, based on guidelines from the Jeanne Clery Act and state law.”

You really can't make this stuff up. :rotflmao:

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8430
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,496 Senior Member
    So they got FLYNed. That's an acronym for F.....Little Yellow Note! Used to find them on he computer screen all the time!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Man, I could not attend college today. I must be a knuckle dragging Neanderthal the way I think and speak. Between failing courses because I just couldn't deal with many professors to yelling at snowflakes I'd be expelled so fast ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JRLJRL Member Posts: 355 Member
    Proud of my Iowa legislator...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/14/iowa-lawmakers-suck-up-buttercup-bill-targets-protests/93797142/

The idiot protesters at univ of Iowa stopped traffic on I-80 and were not punished

An Iowa state representative has introduced a bill (called 'suck it up, buttercup') to the state legislature that would fine universities responsible for setting up 'cry rooms' and grief counseling to help students cope with election results.

It's about time someone suggested penalties for stupidity
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    Damn, I guess they haven't sucked it up yet......:group:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I'm pretty sick of these whiny little twits crying at every perceived offense.

In June 1944 thousands of 18 y.o. and older stormed the beaches at Normandy under machine gun, rifle, mortar and larger gun fire, and TOOK the beachhead and beyond.

NOW, the whiny little special snowflakes aged 17-20something load their britches at words on paper, chalked on sidewalks, and spoken words, and have to go to their designated safe spaces and get out the coloring books, crayons and Play Doh, and sniffle and sling snot at the cruelty of the words. They're more useless than teats on a boar hog. They're failures at life; sucks to be them.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    They're failures at life...
    WORD
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    I find this hard to believe.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,135 Senior Member
    While I have a hard time believing that people really think this way. What is even harder to believe/imagine, is that after college these people will one day be our doctor, engineer, military leaders even politicians.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Can birth control be made retroactive to about age 21?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    I find this hard to believe.

Not me. I hire a lot of younger adults. The post it is spot on.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,032 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    While I have a hard time believing that people really think this way. What is even harder to believe/imagine, is that after college these people will one day be our doctor, engineer, military leaders even politicians.

The only good thing about being old is I might not live long enough to have worry about it,

I didn't know I needed grief counseling after Obummer was elected,

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,324 Senior Member
    "It violated every value that this institution considers to be at its core"

What? You value the creation of said p***sies?

I am kinda surprised that college football and other sports still keep score and have victories and losses, what with the mollycoddling that seems to be going on elsewhere throughout the campuses.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,324 Senior Member
    "It violated every value that this institution considers to be at its core"

What? You value the creation of said p***sies?:bang:

I am kinda surprised that college football and other sports still keep score and have victories and losses, what with the mollycoddling that seems to be going on elsewhere throughout the campuses.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,123 Senior Member
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Pity the poor Poo-Say brigade! Maybe they should all wear pink polka-dots so they're easy to spot. Then we can really focus some intense scorn and derision on them! Picking on cripples is fun!
    Jerry
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yes but, oh Lord, how I wish it was painful...

It is painful ... for OTHERS LIKE US.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    It is painful ... for OTHERS LIKE US.

Exactly. These special 'flakes are setting the future for very diminished free speech. Unless it is F Trump. Then it is perfectly acceptable.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    I really wonder if a person can truly be that big of a **** or is it just a BS front to further their **** agenda???
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    Rocketman wrote: »
    I really wonder if a person can truly be that big of a **** or is it just a BS front to further their **** agenda???

I have a feeling it's the latter. The left specializes in BS and brainwashing.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I actually find these stories very helpful. These are universities that my children will NOT be attending. How are they going to learn anything in an environment like that? They need to learn to suck it up and quit being ****-- it is hard to be successful in life without having to do that.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Pity the poor Poo-Say brigade! Maybe they should all wear pink polka-dots so they're easy to spot. Then we can really focus some intense scorn and derision on them! Picking on cripples is fun!
    Jerry

Only when the Pickee is crippled of the mind, even though they have an IQ above 100. In other words when they should know better and still spew forth with crap like this. Then it's better 'n fun!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I actually find these stories very helpful. These are universities that my children will NOT be attending. How are they going to learn anything in an environment like that? They need to learn to suck it up and quit being ****-- it is hard to be successful in life without having to do that.

My kid has 2 years before he heads off to college and I feel the same way but what schools do we look at now? Very few don't have this type coddling. The Service Academies and Liberty are about it as far as I can tell. Honestly, my kid going to Liberty (aka Jerry Falwell U) would have been a joke 10 years back but now ...

I seriously would cringe thinking of my kid going to my alma mater, UNC Chapel Hill, or any UNC system school. All have the liberal base in leadership, professors and student body which he might be able to navigate around like he has so far in high school but 4 more years might do him in. He doesn't get to really speak his mind in school now for fear of his grades ... much less what other things he'd face at college level. Heck, I'd send him to BYU if he wanted the way things look now.
    - George Orwell
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,687 Senior Member
    My oldest graduated 3 yrs ago from Mississippi State(accounting) and never witnessed any of this crap. At least not that he told me and I think he would have. My youngest just graduated from Delta State and never experienced any of this in the classroom. But, he did tell me last night that teachers can attend "safe room" training and get a sticker to put on their office equipment door. He agreed with me when I suggested putting one on a janitors closet.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I know a handful of vets going to school on the GI Bill. They are all fairly conservative, and say they just keep their mouths shut just to get by. College used to be a place where "an exchange of ideas" was the mantra. Now it is only PC approved ideas.

I remember a professor in the 80s saying "the American Revolution was fought because rich white men didn't want to pay their taxes." There was an exchange with many students, and no one was punished for arguing to the contrary. Times have changed.

Adam J. McCleod

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I know a handful of vets going to school on the GI Bill. They are all fairly conservative, and say they just keep their mouths shut just to get by. College used to be a place where "an exchange of ideas" was the mantra. Now it is only PC approved ideas.

I remember a professor in the 80s saying "the American Revolution was fought because rich white men didn't want to pay their taxes." There was an exchange with many students, and no one was punished for arguing to the contrary. Times have changed.

I finished college in the early 2000s. I argued with my poly sci, psych, biology and geology profs all the time. I even got into it with my statistics prof. once. It never affected my grades. I guess a lot has changed in a short time. Don't get me wrong. It was still a mostly liberal environment. Content of ones work still mattered then.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I argued lots of non-PC positions in 2007-2010 when I went back to school. I would openly use the N word (Tom Sawyer) and was completely unapologetic about my 2A positions. Of course, I could back up everything I had to say and my liberal professors actually seemed glad I was doing it because it challenged the other students to actually think and analyze what they were saying.

It didn't hurt my 4.0 at all.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    When my daughter had a a baby, I wrote a little "advice for child rearing" that I gave to her and her husband. One thing in it was that ALL schools have an agenda, make sure it agrees with yours.

Unfortunately, as is usual with me personally, I find it hard to agree with much of anybody. Waldorf education is excellent, but they don't do the university level.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I argued lots of non-PC positions in 2007-2010 when I went back to school. I would openly use the N word (Tom Sawyer) and was completely unapologetic about my 2A positions. Of course, I could back up everything I had to say and my liberal professors actually seemed glad I was doing it because it challenged the other students to actually think and analyze what they were saying.

It didn't hurt my 4.0 at all.

I had a 4.0 going for a while until alcohol took over. I ended up with a 3.42 average, but was very happy to have that looking to where I came from. I ended up with a bachelors of science in Legal Studies. I wouldn't trade it for a million bucks even though it hasn't made me a penny yet. My going for it inspired my youngest to pursue her law degree and if that's all I ever get out of it it is more than worth it to me. Now she's Boston Legal and even has her license in Connecticut and practices there though she lives in Massachusetts.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Now she's Boston Legal and even has her license in Connecticut and practices there though she lives in Massachusetts.

Between Healey's and Malloy's democratic anti 2A antics, she's going to have a full dance card.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,186 Senior Member
    I have had several of my sons friends home from college and sleeping on my couch this weekend, they were fairly appalled at the folks publicly upset at Hilda beasts loss at 2 of the schools, the engineering students at NDSU seem to care zero.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11