Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Obama’s Department of Justice Demands More Non-Citizen Police Officers!

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
Obama’s Department of Justice Demands More Non-Citizen Police Officers!
http://constitution.com/obamas-department-justice-demands-non-citizen-police-officers/

Replies

  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,504 Senior Member
    They can't go away fast enough!!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    It looks like the injustice department already has a few goofy characters in high ranking positions, like Dumb and Dumber, and maybe Beavis and Butthead!
    Jerry
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I think people that we have allowed to have permanent residency status in our country should also have equal protection of the law. Obviously, a person would need citizenship in order to vote (hence the distinction of between a naturalized citizen and a permanent resident), but these legal immigrants followed the rules and we allowed them to come here to live and work. There is no reason we should discriminate against them because they are not US citizens. Our own military allows non-citizens to enlist in our armed forces, why shouldn't a sheriff department hire deputies that are not citizens?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Is there another source of this info? One not loaded with spam, "win this free what ever " BS and one that's not convinced Obama is Satan?
    Here you go. This links to an AP article that doesn't cloak itself under some twisted version of the constitution...
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a05d6ee84a0941c5941d0484609daab4/us-denver-sheriff-illegally-excluded-non-citizens-hiring
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I think people that we have allowed to have permanent residency status in our country should also have equal protection of the law. Obviously, a person would need citizenship in order to vote (hence the distinction of between a naturalized citizen and a permanent resident), but these legal immigrants followed the rules and we allowed them to come here to live and work. There is no reason we should discriminate against them because they are not US citizens. Our own military allows non-citizens to enlist in our armed forces, why shouldn't a sheriff department hire deputies that are not citizens?

    This.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Here you go. This links to an AP article that doesn't cloak itself under some twisted version of the constitution...
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a05d6ee84a0941c5941d0484609daab4/us-denver-sheriff-illegally-excluded-non-citizens-hiring

    After reading the article, I had no idea sheriff's were MANDTATED by the fedgov to hire non citizens.
    More than 40 states have rules in place keeping law enforcement agencies from hiring non-citizens. Only Colorado, Louisiana, Maine, Vermont and West Virginia have no such statewide citizenship restrictions, according to an October Justice Department report addressing the subject.

    If the state doesn't forbid noncitizens, the DOJ can fine them for not having a law in place?
    And the Justice Department began monitoring the hiring practices of the Arapahoe County sheriff's office in suburban Denver in 2013, after an investigation showed it improperly restricted jobs to citizens, when no law allowed it.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    After reading the article, I had no idea sheriff's were MANDTATED by the fedgov to hire non citizens.
    I do not see where they are mandated. I only see where they are not supposed to discriminate based on citizenship-- which is what was happening.


    If the state doesn't forbid noncitizens, the DOJ can fine them for not having a law in place?
    If the state does not have a law in place stating otherwise, they are in violation of the law and open themselves up to fines. The DOJ is only enforcing existing laws. Having a state law in place forbidding hiring non-citizens would remedy this.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    Ministry of Justice, ala 1984...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I don't care about social justice. I don't care about fair and unfair. I don't care about reasons and rationales. I don't care about the logic. I don't care about whatever. I WANT CITIZEN COPS. Period, no debate, end of story.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    When Obama allows them to guard him and his daughters, only then will I be ok with it. I don't like them inflicting their will on us in ways they don't submit to themselves.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    I don't care about social justice. I don't care about fair and unfair. I don't care about reasons and rationales. I don't care about the logic. I don't care about whatever. I WANT CITIZEN COPS. Period, no debate, end of story.
    Well there you go. If you don't live in Colorado, Louisiana, Maine, Vermont or West Virginia-- they got that covered. If you happen to live in any of those states, you can write your state reps and get the law changed to reflect that. But to use the premise that Obama's DOJ is forcing a Colorado sheriff department in some twisted affirmative action program for immigrants to hire them is completely dishonest. We got enough crap to look out for and don't need to be making stuff up out of the blue (unless you are trying to look like an idiot).
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    "an" idiot.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    I don't like them inflicting their will on us in ways they don't submit to themselves.
    Get it changed. President Johnson signed it into law back in 1965 with strong bipartisan support.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    "an" idiot.
    And? :tooth:
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Get it changed. President Johnson signed it into law back in 1965 with strong bipartisan support.

    Yea, I'll get them to repeal Obamacare while I'm at it and nudge them into allowing full autos to be made for the the general public while I'm at it.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Just realize that the law is over 50 years old and has survived many Republican administrations. I am no fan of Obama, but come on! Making this an issue about Obama is silly.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    ...amazing how putting a Democrat with a funny name in office makes some people actually pay attention to what the feds are doing...
    I'm just here for snark.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Until a few years ago, it was illegal for blacks and whites to marry in Cullman, AL. Doesn't make it right and it wasn't really enforced any longer but it finally got voted off the books. I'd wager the law was around more than 50 yrs. If Obama's DOJ is pushing a law that is all but ignored, well, that kind of selective enforcment is typical of this admin.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Why do people always say "bipartisan" when they want to make something sound good.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    john9001 wrote: »
    Why do people always say "bipartisan" when they want to make something sound good.

    NAFTA was bipartisan. They both wanted to shove that down our throats, and did!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Get it changed. President Johnson signed it into law back in 1965 with strong bipartisan support.
    Since it was signed by LBJ it is automatically rendered null and void in my opinion.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    In the states affected by the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 Law enforcement agencies are required to consider non citizen applicants with no requirement to hire them. Problem solved.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    In the states affected by the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 Law enforcement agencies are required to consider non citizen applicants with no requirement to hire them. Problem solved.
    Yep. Justice didn't say they had to hire them, just consider them. Doing so would keep them within the law.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement