My faith in humanity, young folks was restored today................

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,419 Senior Member
So I ordered some rifle cases from Amazon a couple Plano hard plastic ones and a couple zipper US Peacekeeper ones, not expensive, but something to better protect a few rifles than the gun socks I have them in and for taking them to and fro the range and on vehicle trips.

Anyhow a UPS gal shows up in a golf cart buggy pulling a trailer with packages and stacks up three tall boxes and says her computer says there should be one more and she will bring it back later because it probably is still at wherever she loads up at.

I thought nothing of it, then a few minutes ago a young couple drive up and pull out a tall box and ask if I am "Big Chief" I say yes and and they hand me my missing box saying they found it on the road over on their street just laying there and brought it to me. I thanked them for their act of kindness.

They named the street they found it on and it is about 4 letters up in the alphabet from mine because some areas here have streets with a bunch named with something starting with each letter.

It must have bounced off her buggy trailer when she turned a corner.

Man just when you think good deeds are few and far between, I got a pleasant surprise with their act of kindness and honesty. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

The delivery gal was real nice and the UPS folks work their asses off around here, so I dismissed any idy to complain, wouldn't want her to get into trouble, but will tell her the next time she comes around. They use these carts for a lot of deliveries around the busy holidays.

Dang, I should have rewarded the young couple with 5 or 10 bucks for doing that now that I think of it. The zipper case was only 25 bucks, but it is the gesture that matters.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,735 Senior Member
    Every once in a while we are pleasantly surprised.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,038 Senior Member
    Great people hey!

When that happened to us they kept it.
    I have a need for speed
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,622 Senior Member
    That's cool! There are still good honest young folk out there! :up:
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• SargeSarge Member Posts: 324 Member
    It's always good to hear about stuff like this - they certainly could have just left the case sitting there. Of course, I think I get the same feeling when I see a fresh group of recruits...
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.