Home Main Category Clubhouse

Vegans and Vegetarians most upset.

shushshush Senior MemberPosts: 6,259 Senior Member
Vegans and vegetarians have voiced outrage after it emerged the new £5 notes contain tallow, a substance made from animal fat that is often used in the making of soap and candles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38164921

_92733024_fiver_pa.jpg

"The Bank of England says its supplier is working on "potential solutions" to the issue of animal fat in its new £5 notes."

"That’s why it is crushing to know that the Bank of England has misled us into carrying around animal fat in our (leather-free) wallets and purses."

Got the Hindus, Sikhs, Jains and Vegans distressed, put some pork into, should be offensive to Muslims too.

What do you think? :roll:

Did history teach us nowt about owt? :bang:

Sepoys, Enfield P-53 rifle, pre-greased paper cartridges.

Indian Mutiny all over again.

Send the ayah home, load the service pistols but save one bullet for the memsahib, say what. :guns:

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Meh. Has no one told them they are MADE OF MEAT?!
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    All of these idiots stick their heads in the sand when it comes to the animal toll of their vegan diets. Any farmer can tell you about the carnage that can be found after harvesting a field of any crop. That combine chews up fawns and bunnies just as well as it chews up corn stalks.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, and a silage chopper really does a job on the wildlife! Look at a freshly cut cornfield that has gone into the silage wagon- - - - -it's a buzzard smorgasbord!
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Just use plastic for money notes instead of paper.........................Oh, wait, plastic is made from the dead and decayed bodies of dinosaurs. Well, that's a non starter! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Just tell those idiots not to take the expression "put your money where your mouth is" too literally and call it a day.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,600 Senior Member
    Somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAmbulance!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,449 Senior Member
    Have you ever seen a Vegan or a Vegetarian that was NOT upset about something?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    tennmike wrote: »
    Just use plastic for money notes instead of paper.........................Oh, wait, plastic is made from the dead and decayed bodies of dinosaurs. Well, that's a non starter! :tooth:

Had to quote myself because I just had a bout of brain flatulence. There's all kinds of plastic used EVERYWHERE FOR DARNED NEAR EVERYTHING! And it's at least partially from dead animals (dinosaurs) and their fat is part of the oil. How do them folks have a fit over a little animal fat in the money when they handling all that animal fat from dead dinosaurs? Fat is fat, dang it! Hypocrites! I call shenanigans and feigned outrage! They straining at gnats and swallowing the proverbial camel, skin, guts, and bunghole! :tooth: :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,760 Senior Member
    Nobody seems to be speaking for all the plants those vegans are killing, and they're every bit as alive as the fluffy bunnies. I bet if you bred a soybean plant with big, sad, brown eyes, they'd have a total meltdown.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Have you ever seen a Vegan or a Vegetarian that was NOT upset about something?

You'd be ill tempered too, if you were hungry all the time.

They're just not themselves... give 'em a Snickers! :roll2:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    You'd be ill tempered too, if you were hungry all the time.

They're just not themselves... give 'em a Snickers! :roll2:

Being hungry all the time is the least of it. Eating all that fibrous vegetable matter makes the bacteria in your digestive system put on their party hats and have a fiesta......................................producing mass quantities of methane, hydrogen sulfide, and other sweet smelling gases that HAVE to exit the brown starfish. They're all pissed off all the time, too, because they are forever playing the butt bugle! :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,467 Senior Member
    i thought you were just suppose to use them not eat them.
    :uhm::uhm:
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
    ilove22s wrote: »
    i thought you were just suppose to use them not eat them.
    :uhm::uhm:

I ain't sayin'. Just sayin'.................... :tooth:

https://www.amazon.com/Cucumbers-Are-Better-Than-Because/dp/B000URBS54/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480612565&sr=1-2&keywords=cucumbers+are+better+than+men
    ― Douglas Adams