Home Main Category Clubhouse

New Neighbors

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Slow-leaking the tires is probably the most effective retribution. No real damage unless the fool is so drunk he tries to drive away, just a little aggravation getting them pumped up again. "Who, me? I dindonuffin!" Of course, the carload of yamdankees who started some crap at a local beer joint on their way to spring break a few years back learned the hard way about Buck knives and tire sidewalls. Nobody saw anything! I sold them four used tires the next morning after they spent the rest of the night in their disabled car.
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Get their phone number and write fer a good time call this ### on the barracks latrine wall and in the crapper in the EM and NCO club on post :devil: :yikes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Maybe in a few truck stops too.................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,134 Senior Member
    I keep bail money handy...

Why do I smile, but at the same time nod my head in an affirmative manner?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Dead fish on the back seat floor?
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Unlike Dan C., I don't have great neighbors, so I definitely feel your pain Sarge.

While my more vindictive side would likely cry out for blood, I pretty much come down with Zee, Tuba and Jerm on this one. Why would I cause more aggravation, possibly risk my own money and/or freedom just to 'win' over a bunch of dirtbags who have no relevance in my life? (I'm talking about my neighbors here)

I won't tell you how to live your life, but I think a call to the local tow company BEFORE going next door to politely inform the owners of the vehicle is likely FAR more effective and will get the message across loud and clear. Hell, you don't even have to actually call for a tow truck, just make them think you have and will continue to in the future. Folks who don't care about inconveniencing others usually have a great deal of interest in not inconveniencing themselves.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    We have the same kind of driveway blocking behavior all the time, at work in front of the fire trucks.:roll: Usually handled by asking/ helping the driver to push the broken down vehicle the extra 15-20 feet to get it out of the way. My all time favorite was the company stringing new wire for the phone or cable company, who decided that running the wire across our drive and leaving it lay for a while was a good idea. Convenient parking lot and all that, when asked by the Lt. how long they planned on leaving it there they said 45 minutes to an hour. That is when I nicely asked how well the wire held up to having 73,000 pounds roll across it, because if we get a call, my job is to go, not worry about wire. It was gone in 5 minutes.

We usually will give abandoned vehicles a week,(in the lot), then they get towed.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Amazing what a quarter of a turn CCW on a valve core will do- - - - -usually takes a couple of hours to go totally flat. Leaving a party three sheets in the wind and finding four flat tires would be a real education- - - - -especially if the cops had been given a little heads-up about the potential for a few DUI collars being available in a little while. Revenge is a dish best served COLD!
    Jerry

And if the tire valves have those funky valves that don't screw out, a sharpened twig shoved in to get the air flowing works just as well.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    BBs under the cap on the valve stem, or so I've been told...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,183 Senior Member
    So what happened today Sarge?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    1965Jeff wrote: »
    BBs under the cap on the valve stem, or so I've been told...

I never have BBs in the truck when needed, but I ALWAYS have toothpicks! :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Dead fish on the back seat floor?

This reminds me of a time when I was a little younger and dumber as well. We had a neighbor behind the apartment complex I lived in right before we had our second child. The apartments were a one building complex of 9 units backing up against a house. The house was clearly inhabited by low lifes that most likely were dealing based on the traffic during the night and day. They liked to have parties with loud music until the morning and had three pit bulls that barked incessantly...I had just started my first business and traded a guy a roof and some cash for a boat. I too was frustrated by the way their actions were affecting my pregnant wife. We were late in the summer and the dog fish (Small sharks) were especially hard on the salmon gear that year, they have no natural predators in our area and the salmon hatcheries give them a huge food source with the tiny salmon streaming from the rivers, which allows them to swell in numbers to level not naturally found, and they really aren't edible. Locals will usually cut them open before throwing them back if they start to overrun an area, circle of life and all. We may have had a few too many while fishing and decided to keep a few dog fish if we caught them for "entertainment."....we got three...so at about 12am we snuck up onto the roof of the complex and hurled 3 sharks about 4' long into their back yard...when they got up the next morning and found one of their dogs chewing on a 4' long shark carcass they were a little unnerved to say the least...the exclamations and curses were not easily missed. They were much more low key after that...
    An unopened can of sardines fits nicely between a heat shield and a catalytic converter. In a couple of miles, the can heats up and explodes. The stench of burned fish on the exhaust rivals most skunks, and lasts for weeks!
    Jerry
  • SargeSarge Member Posts: 324 Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    So what happened today Sarge?

Pretty sure - not 100% though - I shot their dog. At least, it looked like theirs. Could not have been, but dunno. We were bringing in some groceries and the dog came out of no where and jumped on my pregnant wife and knocked her to the ground, and was in full attack and maul mode. So I shot the dog. Scared the hell out of the wife - first thing I grabbed that was loaded was the .30-06 (because I could have shot her, right?). So I guess I'll have the pleasure of seeing if it was their dog tomorrow. Too late to be bothered now.

Wife is okay, though.
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    Shoot Sarge, that sucks and not in a good way either!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Lock and load, and be prepared to repel boarders! You did report the incident, right? The first one to file a report gets to tell the best story.
    Jerry
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Sarge wrote: »
    Pretty sure - not 100% though - I shot their dog. At least, it looked like theirs. Could not have been, but dunno. We were bringing in some groceries and the dog came out of no where and jumped on my pregnant wife and knocked her to the ground, and was in full attack and maul mode. So I shot the dog. Scared the hell out of the wife - first thing I grabbed that was loaded was the .30-06 (because I could have shot her, right?). So I guess I'll have the pleasure of seeing if it was their dog tomorrow. Too late to be bothered now.

Wife is okay, though.

OMG!
    I dont even know what to say. Im glad she's ok.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    zorba wrote: »
    Shoot Sarge, that sucks and not in a good way either!

Sorry, but when you f*** with my wife, I get a little hostile. Of course, she can definitely hold her own. And trust me (whoever said it) I do not underestimate the power of a hormonal pregnant woman. I've had my fair share of run ins already...
    early wrote: »
    OMG!
    I dont even know what to say. Im glad she's ok.

Yeah, she's good. Couple of cuts that I cleaned and wrapped up, but otherwise good. Well scratches I should say, from the nails. Nothing deep or anything, I just didn't want to run the risk of them getting infected.
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    :agree: :that:

Of course I did! Sheriff already knows - and they know I've been having issues with these morons. And my wife is a Sheriff's Deputy, so, I'm pretty sure when she tells them the exact same thing I did, well, I don't think we'll have much issue that department.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    Sarge wrote: »
    Sorry, but when you f*** with my wife, I get a little hostile.
    Yep. I think most men are like this - I know I am!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba wrote: »
    Yep. I think most men are like this - I know I am!

I'm real protective of my family. Either by blood or by uniform or by loyalty. If we're family, I'll defend you to my last breath. There's a whole lotta boys in the 82nd that would testify to that. This sniper had their backs on more than one occasion.
    I knew you'd said she was a deputy, just wanted to make sure they heard y'all's side first

Definitely. As soon as I made sure she was okay, I was on the phone to the Sheriff's. I'm not 100% sure if it was their dog or not, but it definitely looked like it. Perhaps they'll move...
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    I take it you don't reside in on-base housing.

- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    I take it you don't reside in on-base housing.

No, just outside of the city but not quite country.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,183 Senior Member
    Wow, that is a heck of a couple of days in your neighborhood, glad the wife is OK. How are the rest of the neighbors, besides the new ones, reacting?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Wow, that is a heck of a couple of days in your neighborhood, glad the wife is OK. How are the rest of the neighbors, besides the new ones, reacting?

Oh the rest of our neighbors are fine. One saw the dog attack the wife, he came over to make sure she was okay. The other two could give a flying flip about anything. They're about useless as on a bull.
    Witnesses are always nice, since in some places, you can get more jail time for killing an animal than for killing a person. :cuss:

Something just crossed my mind, if it was their dog, I bet a lawyer could get you some $$ for the pain, and mental anguish your wife and you suffered because of the vicious, unprovoked attack :devil:

Rule #13: Never, ever involve lawyers.
    unless it makes you money Jethro :tooth:

Hahahaha I'm glad you got the reference. But in all seriousness, I'm just hoping they'll pack it up and leave. Maybe the gun totting neighbor will scare them away...
    Trust me, with all the repeats on USA network, there aren't many episodes I haven't seen MULTIPLE times. Plus I have my DVR set to record all new episodes of it and New Orleans. Never got into LA

Yeah I used to watch it fairly regularly but I lost touch with it. Lost my interest.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    I wonder if your neighbors are anti-cop, anti-military liberals that decided to give you a hard time because of it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Clowns like that usually don't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of anyhow- - - - -no point in getting the legal beagles involved. Even if you win, there's nothing of value to take. They're renters, right?
    Jerry
    Regarding Jerry's sardine can on the catalytic converter, there's another one that lasts nearly forever and is ALWAYS there when the AC or heat is on and the blower running.

Take a half dozen bait shrimp or a couple of squid and puree them in a blender, and make sure you clean the blender immediately. Pour this into a gallon milk jug and add a quart of water. Cap off tightly and set where it can get some sun OUTSIDE. After about a week pour this liquid into the vent intake on the car. Holding your breath is really important doing this, REALLY important. Water drains out the drain hole of the vent intake, but the stinky stuff stays. It's the gift that keeps on giving! :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams