Home Main Category Clubhouse

I'm gonna do just FINE here in Florida!

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 24,985 Senior Member
You guys will like this, I love it when disparate worlds come together...

I went to a Belly Dance class tonite; cool teacher, cool dance sisters, blah, blah, :blah:

Being the holiday season, it was just 3 students and the teacher. One gal goes, "How was your xmas?", the other replies, "I got a new pistol!". I say, "Wuddyaget?". A Kel-Tec (something or other), 30 rds of .22LR, and she shows us a picture of it. "It fits my hand better than my S&W 9mm." says she! The other gal starts talking about her .38 spcl, I tell them my wife is a revolver gal, etc, etc, etc.

This would NOT have happened in Commiefornia!

I'm already thinking we could combine a "Hafla" (Belly Dance party) with a shoot! Hafla, Shoot; Shoot, Hafla - Shafla? :tooth:
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
)O(

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    When you're here for the shoot, get Mary to tell you the story of the groundhog, the .357 Ruger Blackhawk, and the crew of tree trimmers from the electric company. "No habla Ingles- - - - -Si habla .357!"
    :yikes:
    Jerry
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I heard a rumor there's water there that can make you feel young.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    I heard a rumor there's water there that can make you feel young.
    If ya can find that spring; however, all the water in the air will make you old before your time
    so ya gotta find the spring or else.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    You think that's something, just plan on being just across the Tenn line from Athens (Alabama Wambli... ALABAMA) come May 26-27 2017 :tooth:

I sure as Hell want to be! Sorta depends on how the Ca house sale goes, If I'm still there come 1 May, I'm going to be a bit irritated...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    cpj wrote: »
    We are good with the party. With restrictions of course. No dancers with a penis. No exceptions. No belly dancers with fat rolls.
    So yeah. Let's party!

Hate to tell ya, but some of the VERY best Belly Dancers are quite "large". More to work with!

)O(
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    In any case I'm gonna start buying duct tape.

I wonder if there are any trees left at Jerry's that he hasn't pushed over with the tractor?
  • SargeSarge Member Posts: 324 Member
    Wait, zorba, you belly dance?
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Sarge wrote: »

Looks like Sarge just figured that out....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

Maybe he will post the pics of himself all "Dressed Up" fer ya! Or a link to the thread on here.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 2,027 Senior Member

What ever you do DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT click on any links Zorba gives you!!!!! There just ain't enough eye bleach to get that image out of your head!! What you see cannot be unseen no matter what you try!!! :jester:

P.S. You have been warned!!!
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Maybe he will post the pics of himself all "Dressed Up" fer ya! Or a link to the thread on here.
    Your wish is my command...

Live music at the "big show" earlier this year:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=9215&d=1472054555

Just because these clowns know the difference between a clip and a magazine, doesn't mean they know the difference between a skirt, and a dress:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=9216&d=1472054555

Myself, and the Mighty Siwa a few years back:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=9217&d=1472054555

3 male dancers, 1 female:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=9218&d=1472054555

Several years ago:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=9219&d=1472054555

Lots more on my website: http://www.doubleveil.net - I think CPJ has it set as his browser start page... :tooth:

)O(
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    That's just wrong.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Hey Sarge.... SURPRISE :yikes: :rotflmao:
    bhl2506 wrote: »
    What ever you do DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT click on any links Zorba gives you!!!!! There just ain't enough eye bleach to get that image out of your head!! What you see cannot be unseen no matter what you try!!! :jester:

P.S. You have been warned!!!
    cpj wrote: »
    Same reaction we all had.
    zorba wrote: »

Just because these clowns know the difference between a clip and a magazine, doesn't mean they know the difference between a skirt, and a dress:

Several years ago:

Lots more on my website: http://www.doubleveil.net - I think CPJ has it set as his browser start page... :tooth:

Whatever floats his boat, I reckon. I ain't judgmental, all I see is green or not green. Mental, though...probably.
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
    Hey, all I see is pro-gun with a lean towards older designs :up:

Well I meant soldiers v. civilians, heh.
    Hey, all I see is pro-gun with a lean towards older designs :up:

Yea, I do have a partiality towards WW II service pistols - but have a CZ-75 and a Beretta Tomcat (among others) too! When I get here to Fl permanently, I get to figure out what carry piece I want - and that'll be a completely modern, polymer pistol such as a Glock 43 or similar.

As for the dance, I heard its siren call - and I have a lot of fun. Going on 16 years now, I'm finally becoming at least vaguely competent at it - hardest damn thing I've ever tried to learn. I'm a natural class A+ Klutz - if I can do it, anybody can. Even CPJ.

Getting back to the original subject, I looked up my dance sister's new pistol - the Kel Tec PMR-30:

pmr30-right.png

Not familiar with it, but she's really proud of it. More power to her! Its not a .22LR as I had (mis)understood, its a .22WMR.

)O(
    Maybe he'll chime in here about it.

)O(
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member

Several years ago:

Cool.
    ........I ain't judgmental, all I see is green or not green. Mental, though...probably.
    ........attachment.php?attachmentid=9219&d=1472054555

Green is good.

........Mental, though...probably.

Define "Mental-probably".:uhm:

Regarding "The legendary Nadia Gamal's dance cane!"

Looks like some work in that.

Did you make the cane yourself?
  • dlddld Member Posts: 453 Member
    You guys will like this, I love it when disparate worlds come together...

I went to a Belly Dance class tonite; cool teacher, cool dance sisters, blah, blah, :blah:

:

I eat a a greek restraint once in the 90's. There were two belly dancers, a beautiful lady and a guy dancing between tables while you ate. The lady was good but the guy was great. He out did the lady with moves that were so graceful it was hard to believe a guy could move so fluid.

on a side note I had to dump the rice and meat out of the grape leaves to eat, just could not eat grape leaves.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    OOMPA! :tooth:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    You're a good man, Sarge. I was all ready with a "Shane come back!" reply, but it's all good.

Zorba is our resident paradoxical conundrumic California decent weirdo chap. He can also provide guidance on what color of nail polish to wear with your dress Blues. :jester:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,502 Senior Member
    Sounds like my wife's dance group, she the designated master at arms!! (enforcer)

She saw your dance pictures, her group leader would freak out if you were in her group, to much belly hair!!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member

Several years ago:

I went to your website and I really like that effect that makes a sparkly little trail behind the cursor when it moves across the page. If you coded your own page, is that created using a Javascript module?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,327 Senior Member
    I went to your website and I really like that effect that makes a sparkly little trail behind the cursor when it moves across the page. If you coded your own page, is that created using a Javascript module?

Sparklies. . .or tracers? You can use those in Florida without burning the surrounding 20 miles down. :jester:

Zorbs, that .22 Mag pistol of your pals looks to be a reiteration of something Ram Line (yes, the cheap plastic magazine company) played around with in the '90's. As I recall, Magnum Research brought out essentially the same gun a few years later with a facelift to make it look more like a Desert Eagle. Neither really went anywhere, but I guess with the FN 5.7, we're learning more about how to make .22WMR autoloaders that work.

Sincerest congratulations on getting out of CA. Both parents are on the one hand frustrated with the state, but on the other at a point in their lives where it's easier to stay put than uproot, and are of an age for me to wanna be close. With me also being established in a job I like with some seniority and good bennies, the "how" of bailing out is rather problematic. A Hillary victory in November might have driven us all to the Real USA - at the moment, we're waiting to see what, if any, salvation begins to form come January 20. Being a firearms pro in CA makes me feel at times like a gay Jewish black guy in a 1939 Berlin bar, and yeah, that does get old.

At any rate, drink a mug for me:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    shush wrote: »
    Regarding "The legendary Nadia Gamal's dance cane!"

Looks like some work in that.

Did you make the cane yourself?

Oh no, it was Nadia's long before I got ahold of it. They don't make them like that anymore. Its probably as old as I am.

)O(

Yes it is!

)O(
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    He can also provide guidance on what color of nail polish to wear with your dress Blues. :jester:

Blue. :devil:

)O(
    Bigslug wrote: »
    With me also being established in a job I like with some seniority and good bennies, the "how" of bailing out is rather problematic.
    That's where I'm at too - it's going to be "tight" for a couple of years. The good news is that I don't have to make anywhere near the money I'm making in California living in Fl.

)O(
    dld wrote: »
    I eat a a greek restraint once in the 90's. There were two belly dancers, a beautiful lady and a guy dancing between tables while you ate. The lady was good but the guy was great. He out did the lady with moves that were so graceful it was hard to believe a guy could move so fluid.

on a side note I had to dump the rice and meat out of the grape leaves to eat, just could not eat grape leaves.

They're out there. Unfortunately, I didn't start any kind of dancing until I was 40 years old - I don't have that kind of flexibility.. There are one or two I know of who look like they don't even have a backbone. A chap named Steven Eggers comes to mind.

As for the grape leaves, the first time I tried Dolmades, I thought that was the worst thing I ever ate. But they grew on me, love 'em now!

)O(