Home Main Category Clubhouse

I'm gonna do just FINE here in Florida!

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Sounds like my wife's dance group, she the designated master at arms!! (enforcer)

She saw your dance pictures, her group leader would freak out if you were in her group, too much belly hair!!

Yea, I got a fair amount of it! I guess I could shave it, but hey! I'm a guy plus I don't like shaving. Most of the gals tell me not to. *shrug*
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Yer gonna love it here dude. Let me know if/when you ever get in the Tampa area.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Yea, I do have a partiality towards WW II service pistols - but have a CZ-75 and a Beretta Tomcat (among others) too! When I get here to Fl permanently, I get to figure out what carry piece I want - and that'll be a completely modern, polymer pistol such as a Glock 43 or similar.

As for the dance, I heard its siren call - and I have a lot of fun. Going on 16 years now, I'm finally becoming at least vaguely competent at it - hardest damn thing I've ever tried to learn. I'm a natural class A+ Klutz - if I can do it, anybody can. Even CPJ.

Getting back to the original subject, I looked up my dance sister's new pistol - the Kel Tec PMR-30:

pmr30-right.png

Not familiar with it, but she's really proud of it. More power to her! Its not a .22LR as I had (mis)understood, its a .22WMR.

Buddy has one. Nice pistol. 30 round mag and fun. Kiddos loved it, wife did not like the way the brass discharged...she found it "distracting".
    Support your local Scouts!
    roadking wrote: »
    Buddy has one. Nice pistol. 30 round mag and fun. Kiddos loved it, wife did not like the way the brass discharged...she found it "distracting".

Heck - my wife dislikes semi-autos of all types for that reason, she loves revolvers because they're "clean and neat, leave no evidence behind, and don't throw brass!". She's a lefty, so I had her try my P.38 (ejects left), but that didn't work for her either.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    12 year old...

That looks like a lot of pistol in 12 yo hands!

)O(
    He loves shooting...only one so far he felt was too much for him was my Ruger 9-85 in 9mm..."it's too jumpy"...LOL!

Our boys have been shooting since, well, seems like forever.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I THINK TennMike has one of those. He talked about getting one, unsure if he ever did

Yup! I gots one of them! Love it, love it, love it!

Edit to add:

Zorba, fair warning. I really hope to have two .50 BMG rifles at the next Shoot. Watch yourself behind the firing line when those things are firing; the backblast from the muzzle brakes will blow your skirt up around your ears! :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    .........Zorba is our resident paradoxical conundrumic California decent weirdo chap........

It warms my heart, it really does. :tissue:

Oh no, it was Nadia's long before I got ahold of it. They don't make them like that anymore. Its probably as old as I am.

That old?

Wow!:jester:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    Yer gonna love it here dude. Let me know if/when you ever get in the Tampa area.

Luis

I think he is moving to the Space Coast..........but we all need to get together fer a FLA Shoot when the stars align and we can all make it. SS3/MMD/Wambli and I met up over by Silver Springs a while back. Bream couldn't make it.

So the above and Zorba/Jeeper/Hondo/Jay and whoever else within reasonable driving distance should be thunking about a good spot to meet, greet and shoot.................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    Yes it is!

Would you be able to post the code here? I also need to know where I would have to put it in the page of code where it would be effective. I manage a website, and would like to incorporate that into it and liven things up a bit.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Would you be able to post the code here? I also need to know where I would have to put it in the page of code where it would be effective. I manage a website, and would like to incorporate that into it and liven things up a bit.

Sure, here ya go:

Locate it right after the </head> tag near the top of the page.
     <script language="JavaScript">

//Comment trail script- By Kurt ([email protected])
    //Script featured on Dynamic Drive
    //Visit [url]http://www.dynamicdrive.com[/url] for this script and more

colours=new Array('#ff0000','#00ff00','#ffffff','#ff00ff','#ffa500','#ffff00','#00ff00','#ffffff','ff00ff')
    n = 10;
    y = 0;
    x = 0;
    n6=(document.getElementById&&!document.all);
    ns=(document.layers);
    ie=(document.all);
    d=(ns||ie)?'document.':'document.getElementById("';
    a=(ns||n6)?'':'all.';
    n6r=(n6)?'")':'';
    s=(ns)?'':'.style';
    if (ns){
    for (i = 0; i < n; i++)
    document.write('<layer name="dots'+i+'" top=0 left=0 width='+i/2+' height='+i/2+' bgcolor=#ff0000></layer>');
    }
    if (ie)
    document.write('<div id="con" style="position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px"><div style="position:relative">');
    if (ie||n6){
    for (i = 0; i < n; i++)
    document.write('<div id="dots'+i+'" style="position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px;width:'+i/2+'px;height:'+i/2+'px;background:#ff0000;font-size:'+i/2+'"></div>');
    }
    if (ie)
    document.write('</div></div>');
    (ns||n6)?window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEMOVE):0;
    function Mouse(evnt){
    y = (ns||n6)?evnt.pageY+4 - window.pageYOffset:event.y+4;
    x = (ns||n6)?evnt.pageX+1:event.x+1;
    }
    (ns)?window.onMouseMove=Mouse:document.onmousemove=Mouse;
    function animate(){
    o=(ns||n6)?window.pageYOffset:0;
    if (ie)con.style.top=document.body.scrollTop;
    for (i = 0; i < n; i++){
    var temp1 = eval(d+a+"dots"+i+n6r+s);

randcolours = colours[Math.floor(Math.random()*colours.length)];
    (ns)?temp1.bgColor = randcolours:temp1.background = randcolours; 
    if (i < n-1){
     var temp2 = eval(d+a+"dots"+(i+1)+n6r+s);
     temp1.top = parseInt(temp2.top);
     temp1.left = parseInt(temp2.left);
     } 
    else{
     temp1.top = y+o;
     temp1.left = x;
     }
    }
    setTimeout("animate()",10);
    }
    animate();
    // -->
    </script>

)O(
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    Thanks a bunch.....:applause:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    knitepoet wrote: »
    And it will be at Jerry's this year??

No. NEXT year! (2017) :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »

BAM!:jester:
    cpj wrote: »
    Zorba's feminizing the forum one dude at a time!

You're next! :devil: :jester:

)O(
    cpj wrote: »
    Naw. Zees halfway there. He wears skirts occasionally too.

"Engage targets of opportunity ONLY after mission objective is achieved." :tooth:

)O(
  • SargeSarge Member Posts: 324 Member
    shush wrote: »
    Green is good.

Define "Mental-probably".:uhm:

I'm not judgmental, but I'm probably mental. Insane.
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    You're a good man, Sarge. I was all ready with a "Shane come back!" reply, but it's all good.

Zorba is our resident paradoxical conundrumic California decent weirdo chap. He can also provide guidance on what color of nail polish to wear with your dress Blues. :jester:

I learned a long time ago that it don't matter if you're black, white, purple or blue. Gay, straight, or somewhere in between. Man or woman, or somewhere in between. Don't none of that matter. A bullet'll cut a white man down just as fast a black man. Knife'll cut a gay man just as fast as straight. Some dudes wear skirts and go to belly dancing classes. Ain't no matter to me.
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
    You're all right there, Sarge - I'm just slightly surprised you hadn't picked up on my other hobby as its bantered about on here quite a bit!

)O(
    You're all right there, Sarge - I'm just slightly surprised you hadn't picked up on my other hobby as its bantered about on here quite a bit!

Don't really care, to tell you the truth. Everybody has hobbies. But word of advise? If you're gonna be wearing them dresses and such like that, might wanna consider a shave.

On a side note, y'all can chime in on this as you will. Co-worker's son told him and his wife he's gay. Introduced to his boyfriend. Co-worker don't know how to handle that situation. Way I figure it, it's real simple. So ya kid likes guys. Who cares. Still ya kid. Still the same kid you taught to catch a baseball, ride a bike, took fishing, taught to shoot, whatever.
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
    Sarge wrote: »
    Don't really care, to tell you the truth. Everybody has hobbies. But word of advise? If you're gonna be wearing them dresses and such like that, might wanna consider a shave.
    I hear what you're saying - BUT - I'm not a gal. Maybe a "pretty" guy (sometimes, I hope!), but not a gal. My dance sisters all tell me pretty much to NOT shave stuff - which works for me as I hate shaving anyway! I couldn't pull off what I call "high drag" if I wanted to!
    On a side note, y'all can chime in on this as you will. Co-worker's son told him and his wife he's gay. Introduced to his boyfriend. Co-worker don't know how to handle that situation. Way I figure it, it's real simple. So ya kid likes guys. Who cares. Still ya kid. Still the same kid you taught to catch a baseball, ride a bike, took fishing, taught to shoot, whatever.
    Yea, you're probably right. I've had 2 women, and one guy "come out" to me as gay in my time. The less of a "thing" you make of it, the better I think. Despite forum joking around to the contrary, I don't really understand the whole "gay thing" as I'm not - but your attitude seems to be the most workable to me.

OTOH, I know another gay guy who is just obnoxious about it - if you didn't know he was gay, he'll tell you in the 1st 30 seconds. Really? Like you, I really don't care.

)O(
    I hear what you're saying - BUT - I'm not a gal. Maybe a "pretty" guy (sometimes, I hope!), but not a gal. My dance sisters all tell me pretty much to NOT shave stuff - which works for me as I hate shaving anyway! I couldn't pull off what I call "high drag" if I wanted to!

Yea, you're probably right. I've had 2 women, and one guy "come out" to me as gay in my time. The less of a "thing" you make of it, the better I think. Despite forum joking around to the contrary, I don't really understand the whole "gay thing" as I'm not - but your attitude seems to be the most workable to me.

OTOH, I know another gay guy who is just obnoxious about it - if you didn't know he was gay, he'll tell you in the 1st 30 seconds. Really? Like you, I really don't care.

Whatever floats yer boat. And as far as the later, if we're okay before I know you're gay, then why do you think that we won't be okay after? But as far as I can figure, still yer kid.
    Sarge wrote: »
    But as far as I can figure, still yer kid.
    Sarge, you have one hell of a lot of so-called "common sense" which ain't so common after all!

)O(
    Sarge, you have one hell of a lot of so-called "common sense" which ain't so common after all!

I'm real simple. Got three simple rules, too. 1) Do your mother fu**in job, especially if you not doing your job is gonna make my day longer. 2) Treat me and mine okay, and you alright by me. (Note: just because you alright don't mean I trust ya). 3) If you family, you family until you do something to fu** it up, then I don't give second chances. We might be cool, but we ain't gonna be family.
    tennmike wrote: »
    shush wrote: »
    BAM!:jester:

Low hanging fruit, and I'm lazy, so............. :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Sarge, you know he's not gay right? He just dresses like it.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »

Actually, I don't. So-called "femininity" isn't well tolerated in the gay community.

)O(
    BAMAAK wrote: »

I reckon. Ain't really none of my business if he is or if he ain't. He says he's got a wife, that's enough for me.
    And here she is, we were doing a Tribal style duette in 2012:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9225&d=1483157155
    l23.jpg 38.9K

)O(