Home Main Category Clubhouse

Deputies: Sarasota man, 83, hit car salesman in head with golf club

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
http://wfla.com/2016/12/29/deputies-sarasota-man-83-hit-car-salesman-in-head-with-golf-club/

Well, I hope they go light on the old feller..............I've felt that way myself, at times.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,682 Senior Member
    Old dude is lucky he did not catch a bullet. Swinging a golf club at someone's head is deadly force, and he is lucky no one deadly forced back at him.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    There are some cantankerous ole farts here in FLA fer sure :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Hell, good thing the salesman didn't sell him a Lemon :yikes: :yikes:
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,272 Senior Member
    83 and still playing golf, good for him. Wonder if it was a nine iron, like Tiger!!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    Good grief, what an ****. He deserves some really hard punishment, regardless of his age.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I get them "Prize" offers in the mail with fake keys that say if they fit you win a free car all the time..................or scratch off unbelievable discounts.........anything to lure you in fer a test drive. But I don't expect to really "Win" anything and they go straight into the trash.

Old guy was pissed he didn't win a prize.............he should have learned by now at his age there ain't no such thing as a free lunch, always some strings attached to try and sell you something.

Then again, car salesmen....................
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hmmmm- - - - -a golfer assaults a car salesman- - - - - -sounds like a couple of scumbags got into a beef! It's not like anybody important was involved!
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    :confused: How many strokes did it take ?
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    If the twit salesman had been less involved videoing on his cellbrainphone he might have seen that club coming at his noggin. :rotflmao:
    Seriously, fools whip out that cell phone to video something and not pay attention to what's happening around them. Darwin finding a new way to take out the unfit?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,384 Senior Member
    I doubt the salesman was negligent in taping, I think he was probably covering his ass in case he got sued for false promises.

The old guy won't get any time; at 83, what are you going to do to him? If he'd been 20, let him do some time, but at 83 he won't be rehabilitated. Punishment is being 83 and mentally unhinged. Some small jail time, probably. He's crazy with old age.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    When I clicked on the video, the newscast was preceded, LOL, by a Toyota commercial. You can't make this stuff up.
    Politicians/TV Preachers/Ins Salesmen/Car Salesmen.....................about all in the same boat.............there are some exceptions, but few a far between for me.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,384 Senior Member
    From a fiscal standpoint, if you incarcerate an 83 YOA individual, you're looking at some severe maintenance costs...medicine, etc. Which is why he won't get much if any jail time. Unless he really creamed the salesman and left an ear hanging off.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Well, no worries, he doesn't work here anymore. "

That could probably be said about over half the sales force at any stealership- - - - - - -there's a huge turnover at most places.
    Jerry
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    Having bought a new truck in 2005 and get my current one serviced in the same dealership I get these offers in the mail all the time from them. I don't see why the sales guy has to be hit with a car and clubbed into submission, just because he was the one to give the less-than-satisfactory prize to the old fart with a golf club. It's like clubbing the sales clerk at the convenience store for selling you a $5 million lottery ticket that lost or turned into a $5 winner. I don't think being 83 excuses his behavior.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,090 Senior Member
    6Bayzco.jpg
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose