Home Main Category Clubhouse

YES!! New EDC arrived!

JeeperJeeper Senior MemberPosts: 2,954 Senior Member
Finally scratched the itch to try one of the new "super steels". A new Benchmade 490 "Arcane" (previously called the Amicus) with CPM S90V steel.

Super thin and lightweight (under 3oz) with an assisted flipper "axis" mechanism. My previous EDC was a Benchmade Mini Barrage with CPM 154 steel (also a dang nice knife)

Luis
Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug

Replies

• JRLJRL Member Posts: 355 Member
    Nice- does it have pocket clip?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,186 Senior Member
    How long is the Blade? A EDC Benchmade is on my list.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,573 Senior Member
    I like lightweight pocket knives and don't like pocket clips or serrated edges. The clips get in the way and advertise that you're carrying a knife, which isn't against the law but draws attention, which I don't like. And anyway, pocket clips are not how I was brought up.

That B-Made looks like a fine knife. I tote two pocket knives, one because my daughter got it for my birthday, the other because it was recommended here (a Kershaw Blur.) Fine knives.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • JRLJRL Member Posts: 355 Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I like lightweight pocket knives and don't like pocket clips or serrated edges. The clips get in the way and advertise that you're carrying a knife, which isn't against the law but draws attention, which I don't like. And anyway, pocket clips are not how I was brought up.

That B-Made looks like a fine knife. I tote two pocket knives, one because my daughter got it for my birthday, the other because it was recommended here (a Kershaw Blur.) Fine knives.

I don't carry my EDC knives as much as I should due to pocket clips... (they get in the way... catch on things)... maybe I should think about a smaller/lighter one with no clip!
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,456 Senior Member
    Nice blade.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I love Benchmades but they don't like me and leave me ... I have lost 3 (2 to HAZMAT contamination and 1 "walked off") at work ... I still do have my first Benchmade however. I saw that exact Benchmade at the LGS and he offered me a deal out the door of $200 which is actually a good price for a great knife but with college looming in a couple years I can't justify the extra $160 plus over my cheap Kershaw Cryo.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Yes it has a pocket clip. The blade is approximately 3.25 inches I carry right-handed using the pocket clip with an untucked shirt so the knife is not readily visible.

Like cpj said I like the knife to be quickly available. Also, using the clip keeps the knife from picking up all the pocket lint, etc., that a pocket knife usually does.

Luis

ps. The pocket clip is removable, or reversible for left side carry.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Gene L wrote: »

1) All you can see is the VERY tip of the handle, and the clip when it's in the pocket. Most of the knife isn't visible.

2) *Most* folks are simply not that observant, and won't pay it any attention anyway.

3) If you're so inclined, you can also carry it IWB, with the clip over your pants, but behind/under your belt. Almost totally invisible this way.
    cpj wrote: »
    I prefer clips, because I DESPISE things in my pockets. When I want my knife, I want it now. Not having to empty pockets to find it. I ended up putting a lanyard on my Swiss Army knife because I was constantly digging for it. I have a .44 mag bullet on the end of the lanyard, so I just grab that and out comes the knife.

THIS.

Luis
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I prefer clips, because I DESPISE things in my pockets.

More room fer Pocket Pool eh.............:jester: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    1) All you can see is the VERY tip of the handle, and the clip when it's in the pocket. Most of the knife isn't visible.

2) *Most* folks are simply not that observant, and won't pay it any attention anyway.

3) If you're so inclined, you can also carry it IWB, with the clip over your pants, but behind/under your belt. Almost totally invisible this way.

I often do number three. I carry my gun apendix so i carry the knife ate 11 o clock. I can get to it fast with either hand and it is as concealed as my gun.