Cain considering dropping out?

2»

Replies

  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Really? Why, because you think he couldn't win? A couple of weeks ago, you were whining because there were no Republicans in the field of candidates you could vote for as an alternative to 0zer0 with his mishandling of the economy and other issues. How about being consistent.

    Yes I believe that of all the Republican candidates Bachmann and Cain would be the easiest for Obama to beat. I know some of you think the country is deeply conservative but it's not. The country is largely moderate. While from your perspective Obama is the leftiest liberal to ever live, he's to the right of Clinton on most issues and Clinton was widely recognized as a centrist Democrat. I have plenty of issues with Obama but most of them are about his unwillingness to fight for anything remotely liberal, his generally weak leadership on most issues and the fact that he has sold his soul to corporate America. Given that I would consider voting for a moderate Republican who was less sold out than Obama. The only one who fits that description is Paul who I will probably vote for in the primary. Of the rest of the bunch I could probably live with Romney or Huntsman, but I probably won't vote for them. I have a small sliver of hope that a 3rd party candidate might emerge, but I don't have a ton of hope.

    Here is a group that is actively working to get on the ballot in all states (20 states so far) and is planning to nominate a candidate. So far they have over 2 million supporters including myself. We'll see if they can pick up momentum.
    http://www.americanselect.org/
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    I know some of you think the country is deeply conservative but it's not. The country is largely moderate.
    I do not have this illusion of deep conservatism. You are right on that point.
    While from your perspective Obama is the leftiest liberal to ever live, he's to the right of Clinton on most issues and Clinton was widely recognized as a centrist Democrat.
    They both do what they need to get re-elected. Both are lying hypocrites in my opinion. Obama is a left-wing radical who is lying to everyone who is a Regan Democrat and right of center. He doesn't resemble anything liberal.
    I have plenty of issues with Obama but most of them are about his unwillingness to fight for anything remotely liberal, his generally weak leadership on most issues and the fact that he has sold his soul to corporate America.
    He is doing this to maintain the support of moderates and Corporate America. He is truly a Marxist liar.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    I have plenty of issues with Obama but most of them are about his unwillingness to fight for anything remotely liberal, his generally weak leadership on most issues and the fact that he has sold his soul to corporate America.
    What....national health care, gays in the military, the wind-down of the war in Iraq, regulation of the banks, funding of "green" energy projects, battery powered cars, barely any new oil-drilling leases and crippling of the coal industry were not enough? I'm curious to know what else "real" liberals would have wanted.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    She is a shark and simply smelled blood in the water. She doesn't care who she's feasting on as long as they have deep pockets.
    I did call her an "ambulance chaser" in a previous post, but she has also been involved in sabotaging Republican political campaigns.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    Neil Boortz discussed this today on his radio show and pointed out this alleged affair would have happened during the same time that Herman was fighting his cancer. Does that sound like something a person would be doing while you are fighting for your Life? I believe all of these alleged issues are just to discredit Herman, and created by those that are fearful of his getting elected. Like someone said "Never let a good crisis go to waste", typical of the Liberals in their game plan.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    I love listening to Boortz. Ever since his show went on FM, I listen almost daily. I read that thing about the timing on the net yesterday, and if it's true, that blows the whole story out of the water.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Neil Boortz discussed this today on his radio show and pointed out this alleged affair would have happened during the same time that Herman was fighting his cancer. Does that sound like something a person would be doing while you are fighting for your Life? I believe all of these alleged issues are just to discredit Herman, and created by those that are fearful of his getting elected. Like someone said "Never let a good crisis go to waste", typical of the Liberals in their game plan.

    Supposedly she has phone records showing 61 calls or text messages with her over the past 4 months including calls or texts that originated as late as 4:30 am.

    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/From-the-Wires/2011/1129/Ginger-White-Her-phone-bill-has-61-calls-or-texts-from-Herman-Cain-video
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I don't know whether Cain is being truthful, but I can personally tell you this:

    About 12 years ago I was slandered/libeled by a woman whom I'd dated. I met her (at church, amazingly) and we started dating. We had a pleasant time together -- at least I thought -- and it was adult and intimate, but not deeply romantic. Eventually our relationship cooled and we broke up. No harm, no foul, or so I thought.

    A couple weeks later I received a visit by, guess who, the FBI! She had accused me of being a terrorist (militia-type) who was planning bombings and assassinations. She wrote letters to the local police and the FBI and included lots of details. Problem was, everything was made up.

    Turns out she was schitzophrenic. While we'd been together, she'd been on her meds and I had no way to know she was mentally unstable because she'd been fine. As I eventually learned from her two older sisters who also lived in Houston, she'd stopped taking her meds about the time we broke up -- her increasingly erratic behavior was the reason I quit dating her.

    I had to call upon some old, er, "friends in the biz" to clear my name and to get all the accusations expunged. The sisters helped, having already met me and saying I was a straight up dude and they felt sorry that I'd become involved with their sister, although I was for a while a stabilizing influence on her. It didn't last however.

    Police and FBI were extremely sorry about this but they had received written, detailed accusations and were required to check it out. The gal had gone missing in the interim, the sisters had legal authority over her (she being unable to care for herself) and police had a pickup (for her own safety) order.

    One evening she showed up at my house, pushed her way inside, and began screaming and threatening me, that I was a spy for "those people"?? and it was one of those black helicopter incidents. I called the sisters and they called the cops. The medics arrived and literally took her away in a restraint.

    This is a true story and I'm just a common citizen with no public profile. And it happened to me. So there's a very good chance that Cain is telling the truth.

    Let's see the facts and the evidence.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Scenario as I see it:
    What the progresso libs are working for
    1. Knock the conservative black candidate out with viral muckraking. He's the one that has them squirting like a goose with diarrhea at the moment. Independents like him a lot, and he will obviously take some of the black vote from Obama.

    2. When Cain has been eliminated, go after Gingrich. He has lots of dirty laundry they can rake over the sewer pit. He will have to withdraw in disgrace.

    3. Once Gingrich is eliminated, the immaculately quaffed slimy used car salesmanesque Romney will be the only viable candidate left in the running. He will alienate all the independents and get little to none of the black and Hispanic vote, and same for the union vote.
    End game: Four more years of the socialist Obama.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    There might be at least one ray of sunshine in all this gloom and doom. They're considering letting John Hinckley out of jail. They say he's "cured"!
    :roll2::roll2::drool::drool::drool:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    There might be at least one ray of sunshine in all this gloom and doom. They're considering letting John Hinckley out of jail. They say he's "cured"!
    :roll2::roll2::drool::drool::drool:
    Jerry

    You will be permanently banned from the Obammy White House now. :banned::nono::nono::buff::jester::guns::rotflmao::rotflmao::usa::usa:

    They will probably let that creep go (who should have been shot back when) and come after anyone who speaks out in public against the Anointed One.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    There might be at least one ray of sunshine in all this gloom and doom. They're considering letting John Hinckley out of jail. They say he's "cured"!
    Jerry
    Maybe he's our "Ace in the hole." :roll2:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Police and FBI were extremely sorry about this but they had received written, detailed accusations and were required to check it out.
    Damn, a real live "terrorist suspect." BTW, once FBI files are created, I don't think they get rid of them, even if the accusation was bogus.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Damn, a real live "terrorist suspect." BTW, once FBI files are created, I don't think they get rid of them, even if the accusation was bogus.

    Well, I've got a lot more "paper" on me than this goofy incident, going back to the 60s when I had TS clearance. I never gave it another thought after things got fixed. The "terrorist" stories she told weren't of the believable nature anyway -- she had this huge conspiracy theory she'd written out, page after page.

    One example --- she said that her father (a civil attorney who'd died quite a few years prior) had "secret" knowledge of a conspiracy that involved the Bushes, who had the Air Force shoot down JFK Jr's plane, and that I had been recruited to be her lover to distract her from investigating the incident. Shades of Jesse Ventura. That was the general type of "conspiracy" that I was guilty of. The FBI guys were actually laughing about it.

    I wasn't too clear on why I related this story, I guess. It's just that even an ordinary citizen can have accusations filed. Cain is so much more vulnerable. The only thing I am betting on (as of Friday night it seems he'll be quitting the campaign, sadly) is that he appears to be very motivated to search out a root cause for all these accusations. He might just be blowing smoke but he's mentioned this several times now, that he's conducting an investigation. Wouldn't it be interesting if his people turned up something concrete?

    Listening to Limbaugh for a bit today, he remarked that these days, we have such deep scrutiny of all the candidates -- Republican only of course -- and we expect perfection. All people are flawed, it's just more out in the open nowdays.

    I mean, FDR had his mistress actually living in the White House for a while. JFK had numerous affairs while president. Ike may have had his mistress as personal driver. Patton had many lovers, including Dinah Shore (who was a stunningly beautiful gal in her 20s at the time), a few countesses, and most notorious, probably his wife's niece. And let's not forget Jesse (which of your families are you spending Christmas with this year) Jackson. The list goes on.

    Cain may have or may have not strayed. I'd prefer to feel he didn't but the truth will probably come out soon, either way.

    Oddly, our main opponent, Obama, seems to have led a pretty straight-ahead married life. He certainly loves his kids and is a good father to them. Not that this excuses his liberal attack on our freedoms.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Pundits were saying yesterday, when a candidate says he is even considering dropping out..............he is gone. So I'm thinking Cain will drop out today citing not wanting to put his family through this, as the reason. Of course, he will continue to deny any and all accusations.

    Too bad, if it transpires this way, I like him well enough.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Scenario as I see it:
    What the progresso libs are working for
    1. Knock the conservative black candidate out with viral muckraking. He's the one that has them squirting like a goose with diarrhea at the moment. Independents like him a lot, and he will obviously take some of the black vote from Obama.

    2. When Cain has been eliminated, go after Gingrich. He has lots of dirty laundry they can rake over the sewer pit. He will have to withdraw in disgrace.

    3. Once Gingrich is eliminated, the immaculately quaffed slimy used car salesmanesque Romney will be the only viable candidate left in the running. He will alienate all the independents and get little to none of the black and Hispanic vote, and same for the union vote.
    End game: Four more years of the socialist Obama.

    Good analysis. Gingrich can maybe weather the storm, since he is well-versed in how this all works, and has achieved his present position in the polls despite massive smear campaigns against him that lasted for many years, after he, himself, managed to chase off Jim Wright and Tom Foley. The difference in what he did to them and what was done to him is that he had solid evidence against those he accused, whereas much of what was used against him was spun-up half-truths that the media saturated the airwaves with. EDITED TO ADD: I still haven't decided who I'm for, but there is nothing I would like to see more than a head-to-head debate between Obama and Gingrich.

    As for Herman Cain, I hate to see him quit, if he is truly innocent of these nasty accusations. If he knows he is innocent and no proof can be brought against him, he owes it to the political process he wishes to clean up to demand that his accusers prove their allegations. It would take a toll on his family, for sure, and his political aspirations are likely down the tubes, regardless. But, he can still serve the country by going after the weasels who are destroying the ability of a decent candidate to be elected.

    The fact that he has lawyered up and is not demanding proof from this last accuser, who should easily be able to prove her allegations, if true, is an indication that they may be.

    It's a crying shame that accusations of immorality mean nothing to the supporters of a left-wing candidate, but are the kiss of death to a conservative. It's as though there are two completely different countries competing for supremacy...hell, I guess that is what it has come to.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    Cain needs to put a team of private investigators on these women, and find out who is bankrolling them, then file huge slander suits against the women (who have nothing to take) and their sponsors. Make it as nasty and public as possible, and use the same tactics against the money men that were used against him. He's toast in the presidential race, but he can certainly drag these dummycrap scumbags through ten miles of muddy swampland in retribution!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Agree, Teach. That's some comeback and I hope it's successful.

    Re. Tenn's assesment of Romney, I disagree. He's not slimy at all. Just a moderate Republican. I don't see him any more electable than was McCain but we could be surprised. He's certainly got the charm to bring in plenty of swing voters and a well-run and financed campaign. Romney is a bit too slick for my tastes but he'd be infinitely better than 4 more years of Obama.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Scenario as I see it:
    What the progresso libs are working for
    1. Knock the conservative black candidate out with viral muckraking. He's the one that has them squirting like a goose with diarrhea at the moment. Independents like him a lot, and he will obviously take some of the black vote from Obama.

    2. When Cain has been eliminated, go after Gingrich. He has lots of dirty laundry they can rake over the sewer pit. He will have to withdraw in disgrace.

    3. Once Gingrich is eliminated, the immaculately quaffed slimy used car salesmanesque Romney will be the only viable candidate left in the running. He will alienate all the independents and get little to none of the black and Hispanic vote, and same for the union vote.
    End game: Four more years of the socialist Obama.

    Mike, I think you may be right about the strategy but wrong about who is behind it. Romney has been the candidate from day one. The establishment republicans (RNC, Karl Rove, etc.) and their big money backers are all in on Romney and it doesn't matter what the actual Republican base wants. They're letting you guys have your fun for now with alternative candidates, but they're not about to let any of them actually win if there's anything they can do about it. They might let Gingrich win since he's a pretty establishment guy and they know he'll play ball too, but Cain, Bachmann, and Paul are too big of wildcards.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    As for Herman Cain, I hate to see him quit, if he is truly innocent of these nasty accusations. If he knows he is innocent and no proof can be brought against him, he owes it to the political process he wishes to clean up to demand that his accusers prove their allegations. It would take a toll on his family, for sure, and his political aspirations are likely down the tubes, regardless. But, he can still serve the country by going after the weasels who are destroying the ability of a decent candidate to be elected.

    The fact that he has lawyered up and is not demanding proof from this last accuser, who should easily be able to prove her allegations, if true, is an indication that they may be.

    It's a crying shame that accusations of immorality mean nothing to the supporters of a left-wing candidate, but are the kiss of death to a conservative. It's as though there are two completely different countries competing for supremacy...hell, I guess that is what it has come to.

    What sort of proof would you believe? How exactly would you prove to me that you've actually had sex with your wife? Have you video taped it? Did you save the unwashed sheets? Can you produce a witness?

    The woman has phone records showing phone calls in the middle of the night (booty call anyone?), she has bank records showing payments from Cain, at least two others have been paid financial settlements that include gag orders. How much smoke to you have to see before you deduct that there's probably a fire?

    Again none of this is to say I think it should matter, but lets be honest with ourselves here.

    As for liberal vs. conservative on sex issues it has to do with the fact that in general liberals are for things like gay marriage and have liberal ideas about sex and sexuality while conservatives tend to be more repressed and focused on "morality" and "values" (and by that I mean they care about what goes on in your bedroom and are interested in passing laws to regulate it). When you're out on the campaign trail campaigning for abstinence only sex education, banning gay marriage, the decay of the family etc. at the same time you're running around on your wife it's a bit more hypocritical than when you're campaigning on pro choice, pro gay marriage, and trying to get free condoms in schools and doing the same.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Newt has his own sexual peccadilloes in his closet too. But the Republican Party doesn't need Cain, but needs Newt.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    The only thing I really care about with regards to the sexual affairs of Herman Cain is: are the allegations by Sharon Bialek true? Did he put his hand under her dress and reach for her? Did he shove her head towards his crotch? Did he say, "You want a job, right?"
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    He is "Suspending" his campaign.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    What sort of proof would you believe? How exactly would you prove to me that you've actually had sex with your wife? Have you video taped it? Did you save the unwashed sheets? Can you produce a witness?

    First off, leave me and my wife out of this discussion - save that for when I run for President.

    As for the proof, none has actually been produced, that I know of, and since I don't spend half my life reading pinko blogs, I can't be expected to know about all the 'alleged' proof that lefties keep saying exists. There is no compelling reason for me to follow this soap opera, because it will all shake out eventually and I'll know what I need to know before I go to the ballot box.

    The details of Cain's guilt or innocence in this matter are pretty much immaterial to me, anyway, because Herman Cain is not challenging any of these women to produce their proof. Unless he does, he is written off as the kind of candidate I will support - not because I'm a prude, but because an honest man has to defend his reputation, whether or not it sinks his political ambitions. Any man who will buckle under these sorts of attacks is not the man I want running the country, nor is one who will try to lie his way out, and then do the phony contrition act when he finally gets nailed.

    As for your party line explanation of why there is a double standard in the media on morality issues, it is just so much horseshiite, like most of what you post.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Scenario as I see it:
    What the progresso libs are working for
    1. Knock the conservative black candidate out with viral muckraking. He's the one that has them squirting like a goose with diarrhea at the moment. Independents like him a lot, and he will obviously take some of the black vote from Obama.

    2. When Cain has been eliminated, go after Gingrich. He has lots of dirty laundry they can rake over the sewer pit. He will have to withdraw in disgrace.

    3. Once Gingrich is eliminated, the immaculately quaffed slimy used car salesmanesque Romney will be the only viable candidate left in the running. He will alienate all the independents and get little to none of the black and Hispanic vote, and same for the union vote.
    End game: Four more years of the socialist Obama.

    I dunno. . .I tend to see Gingrich being the last Republican standing for the simple reason that the GOP seems to nominate candidates based solely on who has been around the longest (kinda reminds one of the old Soviet Politburo, come to think of it). Newt isn't the dried up fossil that Dole and McCain were, but he's currently got more name recognition than anybody else in his party.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    What sort of proof would you believe? How exactly would you prove to me that you've actually had sex with your wife? Have you video taped it? Did you save the unwashed sheets? Can you produce a witness?
    Uhhh, were talking about politicians here...not fellow forum members.
    As for liberal vs. conservative on sex issues it has to do with the fact that in general liberals are for things like gay marriage and have liberal ideas about sex and sexuality
    Yeah, in a liberal utopia like yours, we'll be screwing the sheep next door, instead of the girl. The military ban against sodomy and bestiality has been lifted. That will do wonders for troop morale. It makes me wonder if progresso-libs have any morals at all.....eh, probably not. I think most conservatives are not concerned about what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms. They also would support the concept of "civil unions." What most conservatives resent is the public flaunting of their lifestyles and legitimizing of state sanctioned same-sex marriages.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member

    The woman has phone records showing phone calls in the middle of the night (booty call anyone?), she has bank records showing payments from Cain, at least two others have been paid financial settlements that include gag orders. How much smoke to you have to see before you deduct that there's probably a fire?

    Because she has phone records, and Herman helped her with her financial problems, does that prove that he slept with her? What motivated her to come forward now, could it be she needed some more money and Herman quit helping her?

    As to the one in Chicago, seems she was/is being evicted from her apartment, money problems, funny that this is a high rent apartment with David Axlerod living in the same building. If the Obama campaign was really worried that Herman would take a percentage of the black vote, this would prevent Obama from getting reelected, whereas none of the remaining candidates offer a threat in this area.

    The similarity that the Liberal Democrats have had a history of destroying their competition with mud slinging, is typical. If you can't beat them with facts and honest debate or actions use innuendo and false stories. Easy to do with the Liberal Media acting as part of the Obama campaign with their daily propaganda and lack of honest unbiased reporting.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.