Home Main Category Clubhouse

New Year's Eve

roadkingroadking Senior MemberPosts: 3,056 Senior Member
Plans?
We avoid "amature night" and just stay home. Couple of Italian hoagies, shrimp, pepperoni and cheese tray, veggie tray, etc. and a fire in the fireplace...maybe a movie.

Whatever your plans, be safe, and have a happy new year! :beer:
Support your local Scouts!

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,464 Senior Member
    Not a darn thing.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    I try to sleep through the new year.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Nothing at all. My only plan is to binge watch week 17 tomorrow.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,203 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    Plans?
    We avoid "amature night" and just stay home. Couple of Italian hoagies, shrimp, pepperoni and cheese tray, veggie tray, etc. and a fire in the fireplace...maybe a movie.

Belly full of seafood and some hoppy beer at home, watch the Wild beat the Blue Jackets.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • SargeSarge Member Posts: 324 Member
    We've got some folks coming over, to ring in the new year like we do every year. My brother is gonna bring me a keg of black powder (whipee) for my Christmas that got here today. Ain't gonna have time to fiddle with that too much this afternoon, though. Just making these little wooden puzzle boxes right now, probably gonna run me through till the wife gets home.
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 742 Senior Member
    I haven't been told yet, but, frequently, we babysit the grandchildren and are thankful the ball drops in NYC at 9:00 local time.

Hawk
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Plans?

Just family at home.

No. 2 son not gigging, so no road managing for me this year.

Might get the pair of them to irritate the old joanna for a song sing.

Just this moment sharing a warm beer with son No.1

Cheers to all and one.:beer:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,984 Senior Member
    My wife and I are planning on eating out at the local Greek place tonite - if they're open that is. Then we'll come home and go to sleep until midnight when we will, no doubt, be awakened by "artillery fire"!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Making shrimp. Banana splits for dessert. I may make a run for late lunch and get some chili rellenos in a bit. Other than that, kick back and stay home.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Lets see................. my big plan is to watch the Ball drop in Times Square on TV.

It usually gets noisy around here fireworks and gunfire...................starting about dark.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Was planning on dinner and a couple of beers at one of the pubs, in BG. But the weather has turned off wet and cold. Supposed to rain all night. Guess I'll just wimp out and stay at home.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I gassed up the autos.
    Got groceries.
    Built a new target stand.
    Gonna watch tv with my boy, and if I get really crazy I might pour us some ice cold Vernors ginger ale. Or maybe hot coa coa with marshmallows. Might even make another pot a coffee.

:beer:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Firecrackers already started...............couple strings set off in the yard behind mine.

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/214885-florida-fireworks-law
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    olesniper wrote: »
    Guess I'll just wimp out and stay at home.

Pop around, son just started on his homemade rum eggnog, more warm beer for us.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Chilling at home New Year's Eve, spending quality time with the dog. Starting at 3 AM tonight, BBC America is broadcasting a Star Trek Voyager marathon. Will any New Year's party be doing that? I didn't think so. Might join some friends for our regular Sunday morning brunch at Golden Corral, depends on which Voyager episodes I'd have to miss.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Chinese for supper, then probably a movie or two before we turn in. Staying up to watch the Times Square shenanigans at midnight got old a long time ago.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Our Kiwi friends already inbibed hard by now! Since it is about 10:40 am 1 Jan 2017 now already!

Sleeping it off.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Buddy just called and asked if we wanted to come by around midnight and do fireworks at his place...he get the BIG mortars and air show stuff that the pros use. Thanked him, but turned it down..."you want me to drop some off at your place?" Not a good idea...but tempting.
    Back to the meat room...slicing down a bear roast for jerky...fatty son of a gun, but looking good.
    After that, we've got 40' of CPVC, 2' of PVC , 2 packs of skewers and 4 packs of pipe cleaners...yup, making blow gun kits for the Boy Scouts Klondike Derby...they penetrate cardboard, so I'm sure flesh too...but boys would never try that...would they? LOL!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,140 Senior Member
    Quiet night at home with some lobster and shrimp. Then enjoy a Opus X cigar
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,984 Senior Member
    Greek place is closed, wife doesn't want to go to the Lebanese place, so we're going to the Indian restaurant instead.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba wrote: »
    ".......
    so we're going to the Indian restaurant instead.

Dot or feather?
    shush wrote: »
    Dot or feather?[/QUOTE

Either way, Zorba will most likely be more colorful than the than the surrounding decor.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Watching the Buckeyes play now.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    Staying at home, watching a movie, eating cheesecake and sipping champagne.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Clean got a pizza and we ate it :applause:

:applause: what now
    go to bed early, pizza makes me sleepy. :zzzz:
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Killed off 2 full size hoagies, half the shrimp, veggie and cheese tray, and still 4+ hours to go...teenage boys can put a hurt on food.
  • SargeSarge Member Posts: 324 Member
    Killed off 2 full size hoagies, half the shrimp, veggie and cheese tray, and still 4+ hours to go...teenage boys can put a hurt on food.

I know the feeling... We ordered 9 large pizzas and 5 of them have disappeared...
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Greek place is closed, wife doesn't want to go to the Lebanese place, so we're going to the Indian restaurant instead.
    Order the beef curry. My favorite!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Netflix and a pot of coffee.

It's cold, and pouring down rain. This means that, unfortunately, I'm not going to be smoking a cigar when the ball drops. However, it also means that there are less folks shooting fireworks throughout the neighborhood.

Little column 'A', little column 'B'.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,615 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    watch the Wild beat the Blue Jackets.

Good luck with that! The Blue Jackets are just about unstoppable right now.