Home Main Category Hunting

My Son and his SECOND buck!

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Now- - - - -wait about 20 years, and do it all over again with your grandkids- - - - -that's when it really feels good!

Good shooting, young man!
    :up:
    Jerry

Yep, I have to agree, though it may be our age that makes it better with the grand kids. We're a bit more settled and have a lot more patience so it's a better experience for us and the kid too.

The one I described here was my youngest boy. My oldest boy was another story. How many times I took him out deer hunting and couldn't get him to shoot a deer. I put him on several and he only pulled the trigger a couple times and he missed them. I about gave up on him until a teacher said she noticed he looked like he had eye strain. So we took him to the eye doc. Turns out he had an extremely bad a case of near nearsightedness and astigmatism. Hell, no wonder, out past about 30 yards everything was a blur. He never complained but like the doc said, they don't know what good vision is because they're born that way. This is a good reason to take your kids to the eye doc when they're very young.

That was when he was about 16. After he got corrective lenses he started killing deer. Then after he got out of the Navy he had Lasix surgery and he no longer needs corrective lenses. Turned out all my kids needed the surgery, even the youngest boy that killed the deer when he was 9. But he was the least severe.

Just something all you dads with younger kids need to think about.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Wow! Congratulations to both of you!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.