Tactical/Escape Shoe and Boot Laces

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,085 Senior Member
I wish I was making this up. For less than $11 you can get boot and shoe laces that are Kevlar and allow you to escape capture.

Do you even operate, bro?

https://store.itstactical.com/its-kevlar-escape-laces.html
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,690 Senior Member
    You can use paracord to do the same thing, and it has a higher breaking strength.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,798 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    You can use paracord to do the same thing, and it has a higher breaking strength.

Except it melts under a flame... gotta be prepared for fire you know.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,626 Senior Member
    Even the cotton laces that came with those Chuck Taylors could do that. Plumbers have been cutting stuff with string ever since PVC pipe was invented.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Wild DogWild Dog Banned Posts: 67 Member
    I wish I was making this up. For less than $11 you can get boot and shoe laces that are Kevlar and allow you to escape capture.

Do you even operate, bro?

https://store.itstactical.com/its-kevlar-escape-laces.html

Those sound awesome. I have to get some.
    Woof Woof, Dirtbag!!!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Wild Dog wrote: »

Oh dear me.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,347 Senior Member
    I had a "tactical" burrito for lunch today.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,069 Senior Member
    Tying your shoes properly and not letting the laces dangle can also help you avoid capture and embarrassment.
    :silly:
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,069 Senior Member
    That reminds me. Do the laces come with the Special Boots that allow you to climb walls?
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    Want
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,085 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Want
    Why? Nobody wants to kidnap you.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Why? Nobody wants to kidnap you.

That's just mean, but probably true :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Unlawful restraint? How about lawful restraint escape?

So what if his hands are behind his back, his feet zip tied together and then again to the ones holding his hands and he is on his belly...............?????
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Big Chief wrote: »
    That's just mean, but probably true :tooth:
    You think Clean would pay to get him back? She'd probably throw money at 'em to keep him.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,719 Senior Member
    You think Clean would pay to get him back? She'd probably throw money at 'em to keep him.

Clean would keep him..............Its taken her many years to retrain the marine to the point where he knows both what and what not to do as well as what she's thinking..........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member

This.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,127 Senior Member
    If they didn't cost 3 times as much as regular ones, I might be interested for the simple fact that I am betting Kevlar boot laces would resist abrasion much better than regular ones would. Broken/frayed boot laces piss me off. That, and it would be funny as hell showing everyone my tactical boot laces.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,478 Senior Member
    They're also good for sawing off the forelegs of deer, antelope, moose, elephant...well, maybe not elephant.

But.....if it needs cutting, I'm grabbing a shoelace.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
    orchidman wrote: »
    Clean would keep him..............Its taken her many years to retrain the marine to the point where he knows both what and what not to do as well as what she's thinking..........
    Maybe
    but, she is making breakfast
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • dlddld Member Posts: 378 Member
    if you untie your shoe lace to cut some thing and try to run you will lose your shoe buuutt you can sure use their Hollow Spy Bolt or Hollow Spy Coin everybody need several of them to be a operator
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,003 Senior Member
    Seems reasonable enough for hunting boots to me. Having a lace break up a mountain would suck, and carrying spares is yet another of those "it's only a quarter ounce" items that leads to your pack being 10 pounds heavier than you want it to be. My Danners are on their third (fourth?) set of laces and the outer layer of the sheath / core replacements I get at B.P.S. tends to separate.

Not for my daily sneakers, but the boonie stompers - - maybe.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Wild Dog wrote: »

:spittingcoffee:. (Taken as sarcasm)

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    I had a "tactical" burrito for lunch today.

Those are DEADLY.... three hours later. :tooth:

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Tactical Kevlar laces. Hmmm, WWMD (what would MacGyver do?)
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    And what if people DO want to kidnap you?
    Then get these. Unless they're taking you to Castle Anthrax, then you might have fun there. I'm just saying there's not a great chance of anyone wanting to kidnap Ned. Or at least not keep him.
    Overkill is underrated.
    That's because I have CRS :uhm:
    NN wrote: »
    That's because I have CRS :uhm:

CRS....Can't Remember Sheet Syndrome? :jester:

Naw, she will keep him, he is pretty much house broken.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    You can use primacord to do the same thing, and it has a higher blast radius

FIFY
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • therewolftherewolf Member Posts: 90 Member
    Am I the only one thinking "highly improbable all the special circumstances

would come together where this product might be useful" ?

Let's see:

1. Zip Tie restraints.

2. Nobody is watching you.

3. They zip tie your hands IN FRONT OF YOU.

4. You happen to be wearing the right pair of

footwear, with the laces ready.

THEN...
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,690 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The odds of me getting into a shootout are quite low and is still carry a gun. I'm not saying these shoelaces by themselves are a great idea, just that having the means to get out of restrains, somewhere on your person while in an unfriendly environment is not without merit.

My company did some "team building" excercise that was an 'escape room' scenario. Everyone on my team was very happy I regularly have multiple flashlights, a couple knives and a handcuff key with me. Because we were out of our room 30 minutes before the other teams :)
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov