Home Main Category Personal Defense

interview with Mas Ayoob

41 cal41 cal MemberPosts: 97 Member
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetruthaboutguns.com%2F2011%2F01%2Fbrad-kozak%2Fthe-massad-ayoub-chronicles-part-i%2F&h=aAQFH1EXC .I don't know if this link is proper but as I am a friend of diamondback firearms,they sent this out. It is a good 6 part interview of Mas I think is worth reading and heeding.this came from a site www.thetruthaboutguns.com.
I was always taught to respect my elders, but its getting harder to find one ...

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,291 Senior Member
    Sorry, but since your first link wants me to accept something on FB, I won't get to read it
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• 41 cal41 cal Member Posts: 97 Member
    Sorry about that knitepoet.I went to the website www.thetruthaboutguns.com and in their search box typed in "the massad ayoob chronicles " and pulled them up that way.
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but its getting harder to find one ...
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,291 Senior Member
    As did I.
    This will take you straight to it
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/01/brad-kozak/the-massad-ayoub-chronicles-part-i/
    And actually, I was mistaken, what FB wanted was for me to confirm I was leaving FB :conehead:

It is a good read, thanks for pointing it out :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Thanks for posting this 41 cal, I'm not a big hand gun shooter, but I am proficient enough to defend myself and family. I guess I've had enough experience shooting everything that I can handle my hand guns well enough. But this kind of insight is priceless to any of us. Mas is a great teacher and really understands self defence down to every minute detail. I would love to have a course with him as the instructor.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,099 Senior Member
    That was some really good reading. Thanks for the link

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Thanks for the post 41 cal. and thanks to knitepoet for the link. I read everything I can find by Mr. Ayoob. He has a blog on the Backwoods magazine website too.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,794 Senior Member
    GREAT read, thanks guys!
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • shawn1172shawn1172 Senior Member Posts: 588 Senior Member
    Good stuff, just finished reading it. Thanks!