Home Main Category General Firearms

Anybody have one of these??

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPanama City, Fl.Posts: 8,695 Senior Member
sub2k-right.png

What caliber and what do you think of it?? Handled one at the LGS and seems like it would be a fun gun!!

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,566 Senior Member
    I do not have one, but got to shoot one (9mm) while we were in Pennsylvania before the Holidays.
    Was shooting it off our hosts front porch into the tree line. Found it much more accurate than I imagined. No targets for a group, but had no problem keeping a soda can jumping at about 30 yards or so. Have one on my list.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,315 Senior Member
    I have a gen 1 version. It is super fun to shoot, and very handy
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member North CarolinaPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I have one of the Gen 2 Glock 17 compatible ones. It does a pretty good job even out to maybe 100 yards. I haven't run it enough to full trust it but with a suppressor it could be one handy little HD Carbine.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I have one in 9mm. Fun shooter and takes Glock G17 magazines. Fun little carbine! I had it at the Shoot one year, but it didn't get a lot of love from the shooters; too much other stuff to blast away with.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    I have on in .40 cal - use Glock Mags - the little sucker kicks! It is a lot of fun though, and mine has proven very reliable. Folds up into a nice size you can carry in a brief case size bag. Highly recommend.
  • LerchessLerchess Senior Member Posts: 550 Senior Member
    They are very handy and a ton of fun! They seem to keep making them better.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Tampa, FL areaPosts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Sure looks like fun! Cheap too!
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • therewolftherewolf Member Posts: 90 Member
    A buddy of mine had one of the glock compatibles.

Liked it. Used it. Sold it.(?)
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,695 Senior Member
    Thanks for all the ++ feed back. I've been looking for a cheap to shoot pistol caliber little carbine. I'll see what happens!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    I had a Gen 1 version in .40 S&W that I bought for extremely cheap years back. I put it on consignment during the great Black Rifle Panic a few years ago and made more than double what I paid for it, even as a used gun. It was fun. it worked fine with single-stack/10-round mags, but not so hot with double stack. Good platform overall, I just never found time to shoot it much.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the ++ feed back. I've been looking for a cheap to shoot pistol caliber little carbine. I'll see what happens!

The supply seems to be increasing since Trump's win and the prices going down a little. The MSRP of $500 use to almost be a deal but the price is dropping as the supply is starting to increase ... in saw a couple for $450 OTD recently. The G17 and G19 compatible ones are a little harder to find but they are out there.

Now if you come across a Marlin Camp 9 or even better a Camp 45 ... that to me would be the choice in good shape are getting rare and the Camp 45 is nearing unicorn status.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member WyomingPosts: 2,035 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The supply seems to be increasing since Trump's win and the prices going down a little. The MSRP of $500 use to almost be a deal but the price is dropping as the supply is starting to increase ... in saw a couple for $450 OTD recently. The G17 and G19 compatible ones are a little harder to find but they are out there.

Now if you come across a Marlin Camp 9 or even better a Camp 45 ... that to me would be the choice in good shape are getting rare and the Camp 45 is nearing unicorn status.

That Marlin Camp 9 & 45 is a rifle that Remington should consider resurrecting. And Ruger should bring back the Deerfield carbine.
    That Marlin Camp 9 & 45 is a rifle that Remington should consider resurrecting. And Ruger should bring back the Deerfield carbine.

The Freedom Group bean counters are to damn stupid to do so.
    - George Orwell
    Here's a picture of mine.

001_zpshwomwldd.jpg
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I have one in 9mm. Fun shooter and takes Glock G17 magazines. Fun little carbine! I had it at the Shoot one year, but it didn't get a lot of love from the shooters; too much other stuff to blast away with.

Yeah, like the coolest gun there, your .50 Browning, which I thoroughly enjoyed shooting.

But I wouldn't mind shooting one of these and would love to own one, except having too many irons in the fire, like building more rifles and having such grail guns on my list as the Model 29 S&W, a model 41 S&W, and a regular Glock to carry, I will be 105 before I get around to buying one. But I can see its merrits. And with a Glock 40 at its core, it would be a formidable SD weapon.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    That Marlin Camp 9 & 45 is a rifle that Remington should consider resurrecting. And Ruger should bring back the Deerfield

All of this, but especially the Deer Field, because it was such a fantastic fine rifle and served well for close quarters deer and hog busting. The Deer Field was actually on my Grail Gun list for many years, then it just sort of went away, and it got replaced by some other things such as a .250 Savage (Which I finally got around to), a .257 Improved (Which I also got around to) and a Weatherby Mark V in .300 WBY.

But if Ruger made the Deer Field re-appear at a decent price, I might get me one.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    I would own one if they make it in 10mm. For whatever reason, I have decided that my combo handgun / carbine setup should be 10mm and the Sub 2000 would be perfect for on the go in a pack.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,673 Senior Member

.....or the PC9 and PC40 that take the newer Ruger hi-cap magazines, and make a 10mm version too.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I would own one if they make it in 10mm. For whatever reason, I have decided that my combo handgun / carbine setup should be 10mm and the Sub 2000 would be perfect for on the go in a pack.

Errr......

NOTES FOR WHICH GLOCK PISTOLS FIT THE CCU:

The CCU’s fit Glock frames that are Compact (G19, G23, G32), Standard (G17, G22, G24, G31, G34, G35) and Large (G20, G40, G21, G41). Mech Tech Uppers are not available for sub-compact Glocks. Generation doesn’t matter, but the front rail size does – see the picture and note below. Compensated and SF versions only affect the barrel/slide and grip size respectively, they will work just fine with the CCU. If you have a G31 or G32 you can only order the CCU in 9mm or 40S&W.

Glock magazines are interchangeable within the same frame size, and between the Compact and Standard sizes. This means, for example, that if you have a Glock 22 and want to shoot 9mm with your CCU, you can. Just purchase Glock 17 magazines. Compact magazines are too short to work in Standard frames. Here are the combinations that will work:

Your frame: CCU Available in:
    Compact 9mm, 40S&W
    Standard 9mm, 40S&W
    Large 45ACP, 10mm

Range report, soon! :jester:
    bisley wrote: »
    Errr......

Range report, soon! :jester:

I have one of those for the 1911 in .45 ACP. Works fine, fails safe, lasts a long time! :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I thought that too as long as you want it to be a pistol cartridge and not a revolver one. 10mm can be loaded fairly hot, and go to a 220 gr hardcast bullet.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The rest of your guns are going to gang up and beat on it :tooth:

I don't want them to dis-own me, if I get one I'll have to hide it under the bed!! I do like evil black guns just 'cause I know someplace, it's pissing off a libtard!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,566 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    I don't want them to dis-own me, if I get one I'll have to hide it under the bed!! I do like evil black guns just 'cause I know someplace, it's pissing off a libtard!!

That right there is reason enough
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Port St. Lucie, FloridaPosts: 1,004 Senior Member
    I've had mine for a many years and the last time it got any use was at one of my Ga. outings of another forum, about 8 years ago. Was very surprised at accuracy bouncing cans out to 50yds with the 9mm G17 mags. Didn't realize that prices have risen on them. :-)

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
    Picked it up yesterday, Nickel boron finish and 2 mags. Range report after next week. (out of town) 9MM M&P mags.

pix359501616.jpg

Stock photo

I also checked out a High Point in .45, to clunky! And a 9mm Beretta, trigger was garbage!
    You say trigger ... look at the MCarb trigger kit for about $30 and it will make a nice 5-6lb pull and they offer a metal trigger if the stock plastic one has a little to much flex for you.
    - George Orwell
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    You say trigger ... look at the MCarb trigger kit for about $30 and it will make a nice 5-6lb pull and they offer a metal trigger if the stock plastic one has a little to much flex for you.

My point is why can't NEW production firearms come from the factory with usable triggers without adding aftermarket springs and kits to make it acceptable??!! The Keltec has a two stage trigger, which I have no problem with, but after you take up the initial slack, it breaks clean. The Beretta felt like I was squeezing a stale marshmallow! I know I'm kind of a trigger snob, just shoot one of my custom rifles and you'll know why!!

OOPS! The Mcarb is for the Keltec! Thanks for the info!!