Home Main Category General Firearms

TNW Aero Survival Rifle.

2»

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Colorado!Posts: 7,716 Senior Member
    So accuracy increases with pressure? Have you slugged the bore? The bore could be a shade oversized..... just a thought.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,671 Senior Member
    Please try some 180 gr XTP's.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,775 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    So accuracy increases with pressure? Have you slugged the bore? The bore could be a shade oversized..... just a thought.

It seems to like higher velocity than the Federal factory loads offered. I have not measured the bore.
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Please try some 180 gr XTP's.

The AA#9 loads were with 180gr XTP bullets. I only have a partial box of them left, but about 600 180gr Hornady FMJ.
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    They tout that it has an easy take down barrel. I wonder, if you can't get accuracy from ammo, if it would be a difficult venture to make or have made an accurate heavy barrel.
    The barrel seems to lock in fairly solidly. The barrel is a heavier wall than pistol barrels, but then again it is much longer, so by comparison it might be too thin of a wall. Maybe I shouldnt expect it to be more than a 30 yard gun? That would seem odd given what pistols can do. This may ultimately just get chalked up as a mistake in the future. It happens from time to time.
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Port St. Lucie, FloridaPosts: 1,004 Senior Member
    If I remember correctly, my Mech Tech 1911 upper had a lot better results than that and with factory ammo. That being said, I don't believe the caliber is the problem and might just be something else. Try a different scope and double check mounts. Take all the variables out of the test. As a last resort, I would call customer support and see if they can fix accuracy problem for you. Might be just a poor barrel on that one. Good luck and keep us updated.

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,671 Senior Member
    mitdr774 wrote: »
    The AA#9 loads were with 180gr XTP bullets. I only have a partial box of them left, but about 600 180gr Hornady FMJ.

Oop, sorry, I read too fast, I thought you had tried the Blue Dot and not the AA#9, carry on.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Tampa, FL areaPosts: 2,954 Senior Member
    That is VERY disappointing. Please keep us updated. There is NO reason that thing shouldn't shoot 3" (or better) groups at a mere 50 yds.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    1" at 30 yards but falling apart to 6-7" at 50 yards is a bit of a disappointment.