Home Main Category Clubhouse

shooter identity

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberPosts: 2,036 Senior Member
Anybody have an 'inside' on the shooters in Canada?

Doesn't Canada have some pretty strict gun laws?

Prayers to the victims.
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, that "registration" scheme is working so well! I remember the flap when a guy up there successfully registered his nail gun and his caulking gun!
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    One is reported to be from Morocco....students I think.

Canada just dropped their drawers and the PM invited any the US turns down to come on in. I hope they enjoy it.

News just said the other is French Canadian.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Muslims shooting Muslims...

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Can we send 'em more ammo? Maybe part of the shipment that should be going to the gangbangers in Chicago? Eventually, they're bound to whittle each other down to a manageable number so the cops can take out the rest!
    Jerry
    BigDanS wrote: »

D

Why, I'm astounded that's unheard of from those who belong to that Religion of Peace :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Quebec City court clerk Isabelle Ferland identified Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed el Khadir as the suspects.

Bissonette is French (or French-Canadian origin) and well the second is kinda a given. They are in custody so it will be real interesting to see what the motive was and who they are connected to.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    What will the punishment be? A stern lecture and a scolding?
    Now they are saying the Canadian was just a "Witness" I dunno what that means.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Quebec City court clerk Isabelle Ferland identified Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed el Khadir as the suspects.

Bissonette is French (or French-Canadian origin) and well the second is kinda a given.

A Trumpist red neck and good ole boy?
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    What will the punishment be? A stern lecture and a scolding?

Two yrs hard labor or 30 days listening to Celion Dione
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Two yrs hard labor or 30 days listening to Celion Dione

Nope. Make them listen to Justin Bieber for 90 days, 24 hours a day at ear damaging volume. Punishment should fit the crime!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,046 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »

D

I had my money being on the shooter being Amish. Drat.

Prayers out for those injured, and the families of those killed.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Nope, just a privileged white college kid killing Muslims. Nothing to see here.
    shush wrote: »
    A Trumpist red neck and good ole boy?

Still in with a chance then?
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Yep, that "registration" scheme is working so well! I remember the flap when a guy up there successfully registered his nail gun and his caulking gun!
    Jerry

Actually the long gun registry has been gone for a few years now. Went so far over budget that even those who created it couldn't defend the spending. Ya know it was bad when a politician admits their mistakes :P
    shush wrote: »
    *cricketers*

Reminds me of the book 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and the game of Brockian Ultra-Cricket. A strange game, what!

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Brockian_Ultra-Cricket

Brockian Ultra-Cricket is a curious game which involves suddenly hitting people for no readily apparent reason and then running away. "Let's be blunt, it's a nasty game," says The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Mice love this game.

While a complete list of rules has only ever been assembled once (and the book containing the assembled rules promptly collapsed into a black hole,) some of the rules are as follows:

Rule One: Grow at least three extra legs. You won’t need them, but it keeps the crowds amused.
    Rule Two: Find one extremely good Brockian Ultra Cricket player. Clone him off a few times. This saves an enormous amount of tedious selection and training.
    Rule Three: Put your team and the opposing team in a large field and build a high wall around them. The reason for this is that, though the game is a major spectator sport, the frustration experienced by the audience at not actually being able to see what’s going on leads them to imagine that it’s a lot more exciting than it really is. A crowd that has just watched a rather humdrum game experiences far less life affirmation than a crowd that believes it has just missed the most dramatic event in sporting history.
    Rule Four: Throw lots of assorted items of sporting equipment over the wall for the players. Anything will do – cricket bats, basecube bats, tennis guns, skis, anything you can get a good swing with.
    Rule Five: The players should now lay about themselves for all they are worth with whatever they find to hand. Whenever a player scores a “hit” on another player, he should immediately run away as fast as he can and apologize from a safe distance. Apologies should be concise, sincere, and, for maximum clarity and points, delivered through a megaphone.
    Rule Six: The winning team shall be the first team that wins.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Nope. Make them listen to Justin Bieber for 90 days, 24 hours a day at ear damaging volume. Punishment should fit the crime!

Is there a volume that Beiber can be played at that isnt damaging?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Is there a volume that Beiber can be played at that isnt damaging?

Only in the vacuum of deep space. However there is some speculation that even in deep space vacuum playing his music could cause a rip in the space time continuum.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    The TV news described him as a right wing extremist.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Does someone feel guilty for being white? I get that's a current snowflake thing so maybe you should "identify" as something else. Get a t shirt that says "i'm (insert your favorite underprivileged ethnicity)".
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    Plenty of other articles out there to find. Of course my only point was when it wasn't a Muslim it stopped fitting a convenient narrative and stopped being of any interest to anyone here.

Actually if he is a white right wing extremist then it fits the false lefty narrative about shooters and home grown terrorists.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Some of them maybe, although probably not most of the type which have been happening lately. They all fall into a category I like to call "hate seeking missiles". Basically losers who get spun up and filled with hate for whoever or whatever and are spurred to action. Sometimes the action is mass murderer and others it's ambushing a cop or setting a car on fire. The reason for the hatred doesn't matter as long as it is rampped up to a high enough level. Thus the true universal enemy is hate, and it can't be defeated with equal and opposite hate. That just leads to more hate and enentually more tragedy.

This will be one of those rare moments that I agree with you.:tooth:
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,591 Senior Member
    The reason for the hatred doesn't matter as long as it is ramped up to a high enough level. Thus the true universal enemy is hate, and it can't be defeated with equal and opposite hate. That just leads to more hate and eventually more tragedy.

Hate isn't preventable either, so I think the framers of our Constitution got it right when they enumerated the RTKBA. Canadia should do the same.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.