how fast is your ccw draw?

dalidali BannedPosts: 39 Member
Can you toss up a pair of soda cans , draw from CCW and hit both in midair? it's not that tough, if you start with your hand in your front pants pocket, on the gun butt. :-) same tremendous advantage in a fight. Nobody pays any attention to the fact that your hands are in your pockets. Hitting a 2" mark at 1m is the same as hitting a 12" wide chest at 6m. If you cant do the first, you can't do the second,either. A man can charge 10 ft and be all over you in 1.0 second flat. Just ask George Z if stuff can't get way out of hand in less than a second!

if you have a timer, you can learn to react to the timer's beep, draw from hand in pocket, and hit the chest, at arm's length, in .55 second. Since .20 second of that was your reaction time, the actual draw and fire move took .35 second. you can punch him a lot faster, as in .10 second. you can take a step and punch him in .40 second, if you are well trained and fit. So, at hip shooting ranges, if there's just one attacker, you're better off to use hand to hand, IF you know how, and if you are a fit adult male. especially if your gun is in a hip rig, under a shirt. That position makes the ccw draw nearly twice as slow as the hand in pocket ccw draw.
«13

Replies

  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,935 Senior Member
    ADF264A1-0883-4B02-B592-6B42F936A4A6_zpsjrslgh3r.jpg
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,734 Senior Member
    Murph, is that you?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    Don't know. I don't practice for things with so many variables that it would make most peoples heads spin. If I'm meant to live, I won't end up on some embalmers table. If I do, so be it.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    A few months ago I was at the range. Young guy shows up to shoot in the adjacent lane. Tosses one a them polymer geometric roll targets on the ground. Pulls his little CCW pistol from beneath his shirt tail and pops that target faster than you can blink. I ain't no shakes at such things, but IMO the kid was pretty darn quick. Generally rolled that target too. Impressed me.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Dali is so much better than mad dog. Mad dog only plays ninja on tv. Dali is the real deal.:popcorn:
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    What with Armoured car standoffs and now a Quick Draw McGraw, I think I may be spending more and more time on my Garden Croquet Forum.

    There being (over there) a few less “Hoops” and not as many things that need a smack with a mallet.

    Blood and Sand.

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,240 Senior Member
    I dunno guys, something tells me we should listen to this guy.

    189812_700b.jpg
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,821 Senior Member
    My shooting partner in high school once shot a can of motor oil in the air with his .357.

    Yes, that was messy!

    D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,102 Senior Member
    .............:confused:...........:uhm:..................:head:
    Ernie

    "The Un-Tactical"
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    .............:confused:...........:uhm:..................:head:
    What Ernie, you don't have a speed rig for the new 6 dasher? Clearly you don't operate.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,102 Senior Member
    What Ernie, you don't have a speed rig for the new 6 dasher? Clearly you don't operate.
    Clearly I am not.
    Can you still get the operator, if you dial (rotary phone of course) "0?"
    Ernie

    "The Un-Tactical"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,109 Senior Member
    Clearly I am not.
    Can you still get the operator, if you dial (rotary phone of course) "0?"
    no, you just get an automated system
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,612 Senior Member
    Throw up three.....................

    280px-Schermata_2012-06-18_a_12.07.53.png
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,102 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    no, you just get an automated system
    That must mean, that there are no true operators....dali must be an imposter:jester:
    Ernie

    "The Un-Tactical"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,109 Senior Member
    That must mean, that there are no true operators....dali must be an imposter:jester:
    :rotflmao:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • Wild DogWild Dog Banned Posts: 67 Member
    dali wrote: »
    Can you toss up a pair of soda cans , draw from CCW and hit both in midair? it's not that tough, if you start with your hand in your front pants pocket, on the gun butt. :-) same tremendous advantage in a fight. Nobody pays any attention to the fact that your hands are in your pockets. Hitting a 2" mark at 1m is the same as hitting a 12" wide chest at 6m. If you cant do the first, you can't do the second,either. A man can charge 10 ft and be all over you in 1.0 second flat. Just ask George Z if stuff can't get way out of hand in less than a second!

    if you have a timer, you can learn to react to the timer's beep, draw from hand in pocket, and hit the chest, at arm's length, in .55 second. Since .20 second of that was your reaction time, the actual draw and fire move took .35 second. you can punch him a lot faster, as in .10 second. you can take a step and punch him in .40 second, if you are well trained and fit. So, at hip shooting ranges, if there's just one attacker, you're better off to use hand to hand, IF you know how, and if you are a fit adult male. especially if your gun is in a hip rig, under a shirt. That position makes the ccw draw nearly twice as slow as the hand in pocket ccw draw.

    Them's some tall tales you telling there, Pecos Bill. You sound all talk to me. I've had run ins with spetsnatz, IRA, yakuza, triads, etc., so I know what I speak. And when I say you're full of it, you're full of it. But, to answer your question about how fast I draw, let's just say it's faster than the human eye can follow.
    Woof Woof, Dirtbag!!!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member

    You mean like this?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Wild Dog wrote: »
    Them's some tall tales you telling there, Pecos Bill. You sound all talk to me. I've had run ins with spetsnatz, IRA, yakuza, triads, etc., so I know what I speak. And when I say you're full of it, you're full of it. But, to answer your question about how fast I draw, let's just say it's faster than the human eye can follow.

    :rotflmao:

    Mods, can we set up a new subforum so these two can measure their junk in private without wasting our time?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

    NRA Endowment Member
  • Wild DogWild Dog Banned Posts: 67 Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Murph, is that you?

    Don't disrespect Murph by comparing him to this clown. Say what you will of me but not Murph, never Murph.
    Woof Woof, Dirtbag!!!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Deputy Dog wrote: »
    .....I've had run ins with........IRA..........so I know what I speak........

    Do tell, we could compare.

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,331 Senior Member
    I had a run in with a girl scout yesterday. Cost me 12 bucks. Bet I can down 2 tagalongs faster than you can down those two pop cans.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    I dunno guys, something tells me we should listen to this guy. .....

    Got a text from a mate congratulating me on the forums new superheroes.

    For shame.

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,999 Senior Member
    Murphey always gets in the way, so I an buying off on SGM kyle Lamb's views on the subject in the latest G&A.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Anybody want to chip in on a couple of one-way Greyhound tickets to the SE Shoot? I've got plenty of room to bury 'em when they shoot each other, so a ticket home would be a moot point!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,150 Senior Member
    dali wrote: »
    IF you know how, and if you are a fit adult male.

    I find fit, adult males to be particularly insufferable and generally avoid them whenever possible.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,150 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    :rotflmao:

    Mods, can we set up a new subforum so these two can measure their junk in private without wasting our time?

    WORD! It seems as if Jurassic Park made experimental tweaks to multiple clones of Gecko 45, then let them fight for supremacy.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,838 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    :rotflmao:

    Mods, can we set up a new subforum so these two can measure their junk in private without wasting our time?

    There already is one: www.ar15.com.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    There already is one: www.ar15.com.

    :applause: Well played, my friend! :beer:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

    NRA Endowment Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,935 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    There already is one: www.ar15.com.

    BAM!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,370 Senior Member
    I have never been attacked by cans from the air.

    The difference between Wild Dog and Dali is WD doesn't take himself seriously and doesn't mean for others to, Dali is dead serious.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.