Dedicated meme thread...............

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,609 Senior Member
    Ha! Like safety meeting my wife had last week with her boss, "You must be aware of pneumatic energy when locking out equipment. An example of pneumatic energy is a spring............."

Well, if you put it behind a piston in a cylinder.......... sure!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Ha! Like safety meeting my wife had last week with her boss, "You must be aware of pneumatic energy when locking out equipment. An example of pneumatic energy is a spring............."

Well, if you put it behind a piston in a cylinder.......... sure!
    Loved safety meetings in nuke power! We had a 'stand down' safety meeting after the klutz FNG on the group mashed his hand racking a 6.9Kv 2.5 Mwatt breaker into normal position. The breaker weighs about 600 lbs. and is raised by a 480v 3 phase motor of 6 HP. He had his hand on top of the breaker as it was being raised and it got caught between the breaker and the breaker housing; didn't break anything but removed some hide.

Anyway, our 'Safety Engineer' yakked about a half hour and then asked how we would prevent that happening again. One of my buds on the group provided the correct answer when he said, "When racking up breakers 'Dave'(guy with mashed hand) should keep his spare Richard Skinner in his fornicating back pocket." Safety Engineer had a hissy fit. It was hilarious.

If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 417 Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,255 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,295 Senior Member
    edited April 6 #487

It's MAGIC
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,414 Senior Member
    edited April 8 #491
    shush said:
    Reminds me of them Honda knockoffs GIs were buying in Iraq in 04 to get around Camp Victory in Baghdad.......about $500 bucks for one. Problem was they weren't very safe.......like a bicycle not completely assembled and adjusted........the brakes, handlebars and quite a few other things had to be worked on to function right. I think they banned them eventually for being unsafe, but for a while a GI could buy one and sell it when he was about to rotate and so forth.

I think they were marked 'Tronda' and made in Indonesia or someplace like that.

Pirated movies were everywhere from the H a j i shops (this auto sensor is ridiculous and dripping PC)..........some were sorta OK to watch and some bounced around like whoever copied them had the video camera in their lap at the theater making a copy. A couple bucks was the going rate fer one.  
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,835 Senior Member
    shush said:
    Bougre me, thats cheap.
    *sheep
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,168 Senior Member
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,653 Senior Member
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,012 Senior Member
    I need to get in on this thread. My old laptop has 1000's of em.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,255 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,291 Senior Member
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,162 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

I could see that happening in Texas but a real cowboy wouldn't have a Michelob Ultra in his hand.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,168 Senior Member
    Not a meme, but an actual billboard in downtown Spokane, Washington. I can't share the meme's I've seen created based on the image. 

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,291 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

I could see that happening in Texas but a real cowboy wouldn't have a Michelob Ultra in his hand.
    Masculinity is a mental disorder in TX. I'm surprised that its not a Coors in a aluminum bottle
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.