Dedicated meme thread...............

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,735 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

I first saw a rig like this at the White Pine Copper Mine in the UP Michigan. I kept commenting about it, and the locals were just, "meh". 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
    edited March 17 #1450
    Insert Zorba joke here...

Ayn Rand
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    Snort! I couldn't get IN my wife's wedding dress!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    My wife can't get in her wedding dress either. 

In case you're wondering...No, I've never said this out loud. >:)

Ayn Rand
    CaliFFL said:
    zorba said:
    My wife can't get in her wedding dress either. 

In case you're wondering...No, I've never said this out loud. >:)
    Saying it out loud might be painful! :D

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,609 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

Good one! LOL One of my favorite aviation jokes: A British Airways captain landed at Frankfurt Germany and contacted ground control requesting taxi instructions to his gate. A rather snarky German asked: "Is this your first visit to Frankfurt"? The captain replied: "No. I visited Frankfurt several times in 1944 but it was dark and we didn't stop". 
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member

"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!! :D

Ayn Rand
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,560 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

Not for the server. Lost $.89...........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,862 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    How do you figure that?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• GilaGila Posts: 1,097 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    jbp-ohio said:
    How do you figure that?
    I'd say he didn't get his 15%...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,862 Senior Member
    How was the service?
    Personally, I tip what I feel the service warrants.
    I've tipped as high as 40%, and if I was dissatisfied with the service, I've stiffed them.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

There could be a million and one stories we don't know. The one we do know is the universally accepted 15% tip....

Guy thought he was funny.... I thought he was cheap........  :D
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,386 Senior Member
    edited March 18 #1466
    My lowest tip was at  Houlihan's in Chicago, 14 cents. Service was terrible and the guy thought he should get 20%.

Has anyone eaten at an "automated" restaurant? With the touch screen menus at the table? The local Red Robin has this. You order everything and server brings the food. The bill is also on the touch screen. It defaults to a 20% tip, and there's no traditional wait staff. 

Ayn Rand
    They have a tip jar at Starbucks. Your total interaction time is less than 30 seconds............ McD's worker deserves it more. At least you get a meal and a drink.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    Has anyone eaten at an "automated" restaurant? With the touch screen menus at the table? The local Red Robin has this. You order everything and server brings the food. The bill is also on the touch screen. It defaults to a 20% tip, and there's no traditional wait staff. 
    I haven't heard of this. I don't do self checkout (although my wife loves it), and I don't do touch screens at McDonald's. I certainly won't be doing this either.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

So it's a day late. Busty Ross is always worth a look! :D

I bet some squid came up with this meme! :D