Trump has a big mouth, he speaks before he thinks some times.....

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 21,930 Senior Member
and he's been known to brag a bit. But By God he is showing he will deliver. He's got things moving, and he works hard to get the job done. Here is a guy that has boundless energy, and a very active mind. And he's very good at surrounding himself with people that are movers and shakers and are good at what they do. AND he is aggressively attacking every campaign promise he made. Sean Hannity pointed out tonight that Congress is dragging their feet and not keeping up. He said they need to get off their asses and get busy doing what they were elected to do. Actually, I don't think he's going to sit on his ass waiting for Congress to get to work. He'll lead from the front and he'll get it done. I think we got us a winner like we never had before. Congress needs to get in gear and get up to the Speed of Trump!!! and get things done while they have this opportunity.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    He's got a pen and a phone.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,722 Senior Member
    He's doing OK, but he still lets his jaybird mouth overload his hummingbird ass too much for my tastes. He's got the job, and some good people to help him figure out the politics. He just needs to let his actions speak for themselves and stop campaigning. He can do great things if he will just stop saying stuff he can't prove.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    He's a hero because he says so.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    He's got a pen and a phone.

You're thinking of the other guy. He took his toys, oh and Golf Clubs, and went home.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    bisley wrote: »
    He's doing OK, but he still lets his jaybird mouth overload his hummingbird ass too much for my tastes. He's got the job, and some good people to help him figure out the politics. He just needs to let his actions speak for themselves and stop campaigning. He can do great things if he will just stop saying stuff he can't prove.

That's all spelled out in title of this thread. Yes he has a big mouth, but he's doing what he said he would.

And Wambli, do you not think he's getting results? Results in what he promised?
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    You're thinking of the other guy. He took his toys, oh and Golf Clubs, and went home.
    That guy too. Same/same.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,185 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    All I care about are results.

:agree:
    Trump is a businessman, showman, and snake oil salesman all rolled into one, and gets things done. And his shenanigans getting the House and Senate members slinging poo at each other is a VERY good thing. They haven't been talking to each other in over 8 years. At least flinging poo is a start!
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    All I care about are results.
    Who cares if the cat is black or white, as long as it kills mice?
    Overkill is underrated.
    Who cares if the cat is black or white, as long as it kills mice?

Yeah, and after it kills all the mice, you can retire it and get a smart dog. :tooth:
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,267 Senior Member
    I think Trump is kinda fun to watch, however in the end he will be judged by his accomplishments
    or lack thereof. In the mean time pull up a chair,get comfortable its going to be fun to watch the Lib's
    and the Donald butt heads. Buy the way, I hope our new AG is as much fun as Trump
    Yep. I hired him and as long as he achieves the goals that I assigned to him in a legal way, I'm fine with whatever he does. If he doesn't he gets fired...

Hell if he does just half what he promised he'll be a national hero. And as far as the fear some folks had of Trump not getting along with other world leaders, he seems to be a natural diplomat. He can have a sharp tongue and put people in their place, but he also has tons of tact when he wants or needs it. Today he and Abe, the Japanese PM are in Florida at one of his hideouts playing golf. They seem to have a chemistry together, which is good. Time will tell, but I bet Trump will do just what he needs to get what he wants out of other countries and they will love it.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    Yep. I hired him and as long as he achieves the goals that I assigned to him in a legal way, I'm fine with whatever he does. If he doesn't he gets fired...
    That's what I figured. Nothing wrong with that, my problem with Pres. Trump has not been what he wanted to do, generally but how he said he was going to do it.

BTW, that quote was from an associate of Mao...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,688 Senior Member
    I like what he's trying to do.

I just wish he'd shut up and do it, and not knee jerk respond to every perceived slight that comes his way.

He's the president, and doesn't have time for that. Or shouldn't.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,192 Senior Member
    The guy works 18 hours a day...if he wants to send some tweets, who gives a sheetz?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    The guy works 18 hours a day...if he wants to send some tweets, who gives a sheetz?

Exacery! And I don't think the Donald knows how to knee jerk. He gets momentarily Pissed Off, but he usually recovers real good and then puts em i their place.

I think Trump is fixing to have a test real soon. The North Koreans shot another ballistic missile off which landed in the Sea around South Korea. I think he already responded verbally. We shall see what he does.

Here's my opinion. I think the North Koreans think the Left has so much clout with the American people that Trump can't respond and they aren't affraid. I got news for them, this ain't Barry Obummer, this guy has balls. He ain't gonna sit back and take it. Not when he knows he can kick their ass!
    We have one carrier at sea, and it is covering the Middle East. It has just been reported that only 20% of the Navy's airplanes and crew are combat ready. I hope he doesn't take the bait, and start shaking his fist at everyone, or that he at least waits until our military is restored to a better state of readiness.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,192 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    We have one carrier at sea, and it is covering the Middle East. It has just been reported that only 20% of the Navy's airplanes and crew are combat ready. I hope he doesn't take the bait, and start shaking his fist at everyone, or that he at least waits until our military is restored to a better state of readiness.

Between common sense and his advisors, I'm sure he will wait before doing anything risky.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Between common sense and his advisors, I'm sure he will wait before doing anything risky.

he will show as much forethought as he did with the travel ban.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    So far, I've seen constant, unnecessary campaigning (didn't he win?) and executive orders. He reminds me of another President, but I can't quite decide which one...

No matter, he's on our side. :roll:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    :uhm:I remember when people used to bitch about the number of executive orders. I wonder what happened.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,009 Senior Member
    :uhm:I remember when people used to bitch about the number of executive orders. I wonder what happened.
    Would you PLEASE get over yourself GEEZ

It wasn't the "number" of EOs I had a problem with for the last 8 years, it was the CONTENT of them I objected too
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Would you PLEASE get over yourself GEEZ

It wasn't the "number" of EOs I had a problem with for the last 8 years, it was the CONTENT of them I objected too

I seem to remember the number of them being discussed early and often, as well as content. I wasn't a fan when Obama did it, I won't be much of a fan when his predecessor does it.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I seem to remember the number of them being discussed early and often, as well as content. I wasn't a fan when Obama did it, I won't be much of a fan when his predecessor does it.
    "It wasn't the "number" of EOs I had a problem with for the last 8 years, it was the CONTENT of them I objected too"

Notice something? I said "I" twice in my statement, not "them", "they", or "us"... "I"

In the spirit of full disclosure it wasn't the content of ALL of them... I didn't give a furry rat's behind about some of them
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

"It wasn't the "number" of EOs I had a problem with for the last 8 years, it was the CONTENT of them I objected too"

Notice something? I said "I" twice in my statement, not "them", "they", or "us"... "I"

In the spirit of full disclosure it wasn't the content of ALL of them... I didn't give a furry rat's behind about some of them

Funny you said that, because I said people not knitepoet. The quest to be offended always entertains me. If you don't fit the description then don't take offense.

And the number of orders.was discussed by people often.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to the In-Fisherman forum? They're big fans of trolling over there.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Just to be Sam for a moment. Successor:jester:
    Funny you said that, because I said people not knitepoet. The quest to be offended always entertains me. If you don't fit the description then don't take offense.

And the number of orders.was discussed by people often.
    Your arrogance in thinking ANYONE on this board owes you an explanation of their position or opion is getting old. You don't like Trump... TRUST ME, everyone on the board has figured that out by now. Wasn't my first choice either. Which is irrelevant now because he IS POTUS for good or for ill. Sit down, strap in and enjoy the ride, or do like a lot of the liberals threatened to do and seek life elsewhere. Otherwise, QYB

Edited to add: I find your thinking I'm offended hilarious as well. Nothing could be further from the truth, just getting tired of seeing you acting like my 3 year old grandaughter

Your arrogance in thinking ANYONE on this board owes you an explanation of their position or opion is getting old. You don't like Trump... TRUST ME, everyone on the board has figured that out by now. Wasn't my first choice either. Which is irrelevant now because he IS POTUS for good or for ill. Sit down, strap in and enjoy the ride, or do like a lot of the liberals threatened to do and seek life elsewhere. Otherwise, QYB

Again funny. By your criteria why did we complain about Obama? Why didn't you just move? Why didn't you quit your bitching? He was potus after all you should have just strapped in and enjoyed the ride or moved? This very post illustrates my concearns perfectly. Thanks.
    The only point I've made is your constant whining is wearing THIN.
    EXTREMELY THIN.
    To the point I won't be seeing any further posts from you.
    Good luck, God bless and GOOD BYE

The only point I've made is your constant whining is wearing THIN.
    EXTREMELY THIN.
    To the point I won't be seeing any further posts from you.
    Good luck, God bless and GOOD BYE

If you didn't like it that is all you had to do in the first place. And I'm hurt I really am. I am wiping the tears as I type.