Trump has a big mouth, he speaks before he thinks some times.....

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Would you PLEASE get over yourself GEEZ

It wasn't the "number" of EOs I had a problem with for the last 8 years, it was the CONTENT of them I objected too

Amen Pablo, you took the words right out of my mouth. Tuba, we know you don't like Trump and you are going to bitch if he hung himself with a new rope, but please, at least see what he's going to do before ragging on and on.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    he will show as much forethought as he did with the travel ban.

His mistake was signing the order before having his AG installed, and leaving it to the Obama employees to argue a case they did not believe in. He's still learning about the political tricks and the 9th District judges complicity in them. In his defense, who would have guessed that the Democrat party would have been so childish in their delay and obstruct shenanigans?

I don't blame him for this one, nor for the delay in filing a new order. He has to have a strategy for putting the appellate court in it's place and the re-establishment of presidential power, else the courts will be trampling him on other important issues. Normally, this would be resolved by the Supreme Court simply following the Constitution, but the 4-4 makeup of the court makes even that uncertain.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Stephen Miller did a remarkable job for Trump on the Sunday morning news shows. With people like this running damage control, Trumps foot breath should be controlled.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Amen Pablo, you took the words right out of my mouth. Tuba, we know you don't like Trump and you are going to bitch if he hung himself with a new rope, but please, at least see what he's going to do before ragging on and on.

Do you think hypocrisy is about Trump? This is so much more than Trump. Trump is just the current hypocrite in charge. The hypocrisy is allowed and justified by an electorate. You get tired of me, fine. I get tired of the looking the other way because it's a repub. Funny you think it's about Trump when I lamented the same blatant hypocrisies with W years ago.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Stephen Miller did a remarkable job for Trump on the Sunday morning news shows. With people like this running damage control, Trumps foot breath should be controlled.

This
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,565 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    You're thinking of the other guy. He took his toys, oh and Golf Clubs, and went home.
    The only thing I liked about BO were his hilarious 'toddler tantrums'.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,727 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    The only thing I liked about BO were his hilarious 'toddler tantrums'.

And his hilarious narcissism on parade every time he got in front of a camera. That was comedy gold!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,039 Senior Member
    I think he's doing good things, but I wish to God he'd ****. I'm not sure he is capable of it, though. He's a new political force, something like we've never seen before except perhaps Teddy Roosevelt. Trump's motivations are different from TR, but both are/were iconoclasts.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I like what he's trying to do.

I just wish he'd shut up and do it, and not knee jerk respond to every perceived slight that comes his way.

He's the president, and doesn't have time for that. Or shouldn't.
    I think there's a method to that above and beyond just reacting. I think he's doing it to distract people, either from other stuff he's doing or to throw him off-guard because he's getting ready to hit 'em with something. He something similar on Larry King Live years ago: if he was negotiating with someone, first thing he'd do is say something bad about them to throw 'em off guard. Then while they were concentrating on what he said, he'd start negotiating.

OTOH, tweeting doesn't take that much time.

The guy works 18 hours a day...if he wants to send some tweets, who gives a sheetz?

See above statement.

Another thing to remember: Twitter's only been around since 2006. Obama was the first POTUS with a Twitter account before he came into office. Pres. Trump is new, both in the technologies he employs and how immediate they'd give out his ideas. I'd imagine if Teddy Roosevelt or Andrew Jackson had modern social media, we'd have different ideas about them.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    Who cares if the cat is black or white, as long as it kills mice?

That Calico Kat who just left was CHEESY..........................:tooth: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,347 Senior Member
    Just to be Sam for a moment. Successor:jester:

Damn. How did I miss that??:silly:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
2»