‘SNL': Rosie O’Donnell Poses as Steve Bannon in Bid for New Gig

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
:yikes: :yikes:

Scroll down to see her "Likeness"

http://www.thewrap.com/hey-snl-rosie-odonnell-poses-steve-bannon-bid-new-gig/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    BTW: I think its good SNL pokes fun at folks, sure it's left leaning and Trump's WH has gotten more than their share, but I also think they need to get over it.

All sides gotta learn to take a joke and roll with the punches.

Rosie is another story..................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Once upon a time SNL was a comedy show and it was funny, now it is just liberal propaganda.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    If nothing else it ought to lead to some fun Trump tweets! Trump's election has been gold for comedians all over the world! Certain administrations are just easier and more fun to poke fun at than others. Clinton, W Bush, and now Trump were full of comedy gold, Obama was ok, same with HW Bush
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    john9001 wrote: »
    Once upon a time SNL was a comedy show and it was funny, now it is just liberal propaganda.

No conservatives just seem to have lost their sense of humor.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,697 Senior Member
    She's just trying to get a piece of the fanfare about Melissa McCarthy's impersonation of Sean Spicer but McCarthy is immeasurably funnier than O'Donnell, who isn't funny at all, except maybe to a simple liberal.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,672 Senior Member

Even without the political lean, it has become just stupid. SNL has not made me laugh in a long time.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,112 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Even without the political lean, it has become just stupid. SNL has not made me laugh in a long time.
    Hate to tell you this, but it's a sign you're getting older. Seems like every age group has made that same comment over the years, usually saying that the group of performers from their high school/early adult lives were "the only funny ones."
    Overkill is underrated.

SNL used to have some very creative humor and sketches where now all they do is mock conservative political figures. Baldwin doing Trump is actually funny but they're wearing it out. Well before you were born, SNL was much more popular than it is now and it didn't have as much of a political slant.
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    SNL used to have some very creative humor and sketches where now all they do is mock conservative political figures. Baldwin doing Trump is actually funny but they're wearing it out. Well before you were born, SNL was much more popular than it is now and it didn't have as much of a political slant.

After I was born, but still a LONG time agao...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/president-reagan-mastermind/n9509?snl=1

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bill-clinton-at-mcdonalds/n10361?snl=1

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clinton-bedroom-cold-opening/n11132?snl=1

And here's one from before I was born from one of the first seasons of SNL

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/jimmy-carter-on-inflation-cold-open/3007609?snl=1
    -DoctorWho
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,560 Senior Member

Chevy Chase was only a part of the SNL cast for the first season. I remember a number of skits in which he lampooned then president Ford. He was pretty brutal, and often played on Ford tripping as he deboarded (is that a word?) Air Force I.

I later learned that Chase really dislike Ford and is a hard core democrat.

There was also some skits aimed at President Carter when it was learned he suffered from hemorrhoids. Dan Akroyd, another liberal democrat, played the role of Carter. I remember one skit in which he was packing for a trip. He opened his suitcase to show his wife that he it packed full of Preparation H.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    Phil Hartman did a hilarious evil Reagan
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,230 Senior Member
    Dana Carvey did a great HW Bush. Hartman did a really funny Bill Clinton for a bit when he was first running for president. I can't stand Baldwin, but you have to give the man some credit. His Trump impersonation is funnier than heck. I now call China, "Gina". (giggle)

His Schweddy Balls skit is a classic too.
    And who could forget Janet Reno?

07-ferrell-janet-reno.w190.h190.2x.jpg
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    I would watch Rosie O'Donnell jump into an active volcano, but not much else.
    Anyway, she vowed she'd leave the U.S. if Trump was elected. Whassa matter, nobody want to take in a foul piece of excrement like her? :roll2: I guess her and the rest of those Hollyweird has been actors that vowed to leave if Trump was elected were just acting, or just have no courage to match their convictions?:uhm:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    You mean SNL is not filmed in Canada? Does Baldwin commute from Canada every week?
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,672 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I would watch Rosie O'Donnell jump into an active volcano, but not much else.
    Anyway, she vowed she'd leave the U.S. if Trump was elected. Whassa matter, nobody want to take in a foul piece of excrement like her? :roll2: I guess her and the rest of those Hollyweird has been actors that vowed to leave if Trump was elected were just acting, or just have no courage to match their convictions?:uhm:

They found out that you can not just move to another country. Like people do here, other countries are not near as welcoming as the US
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I remember the first shows and later when Jane Curtain flashed her bra..................risque fer TV back then :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And Roseanna Bandana..............
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    I watched it from 1974 and a few years after. Those were the best years for SNL. After John Belushi died the show started going downhill, and I didn't really find it very funny anymore. Eddie Murphy and a few others gave it some life for a while, but after the Dana Carvey episodes there wasn't much to it anymore.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I remember the first shows and later when Jane Curtain flashed her bra..................risque fer TV back then :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And Roseanna Bandana..............

That's Roseanne Rosannadana....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,866 Senior Member
    [video=youtube_share;xPQFQzSxxR0]
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Jermanator wrote: »
    Hartman did a really funny Bill Clinton for a bit when he was first running for president.
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bill-clinton-at-mcdonalds/n10361?snl=1
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    That's Roseanne Rosannadana....LOL

Now THAT was some funny stuff! And Belushi as the Samurai Chef! :rotflmao:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

tennmike wrote: »
    Now THAT was some funny stuff! And Belushi as the Samurai Chef! :rotflmao:

Belushi was hilarious. I found myself laughing so hard sometimes, my stomach would hurt.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,112 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I don't know abou that. I have the first four seasons of SNL in my iTunes library and they are still as funny as I remember them being. I've tried watching recently and it's unbearable...
    You're just proving me right....
    Overkill is underrated.

You're reinforcing my point, they always had skits poking fun at political figures but they were far fetched and just a small percentage of their show. Now the political skits are the greater majority of the show and try to make a statement rather than look for a laugh. In the seventies and eighties, a lot of the county was watching SNL weekly and now I'd be hard pressed to find anyone that could even tell me when it comes on. (And yes I do have quite a bit of contact with young people.)
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    BTW: I think its good SNL pokes fun at folks, sure it's left leaning and Trump's WH has gotten more than their share, but I also think they need to get over it.

All sides gotta learn to take a joke and roll with the punches.

Rosie is another story..................

Rosie would indeed be easy to roll.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,610 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    SNL had completely lost me by the mid 1980s.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,610 Senior Member
    I watched it from 1974 and a few years after. Those were the best years for SNL. After John Belushi died the show started going downhill, and I didn't really find it very funny anymore. Eddie Murphy and a few others gave it some life for a while, but after the Dana Carvey episodes there wasn't much to it anymore.
    Eddie Murphy had some hilarious (delirious?) characters. Tyrone Green, Velvet Jones, Mr. White.
    This is too funny. A newspaper in the Dominican Republic accidentally used Alec Baldwin's picture instead of Trump's...
    http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/alec-baldwin-snl-photo-newspaper-trump-1201985329/

trump-baldwin.png?w=670&h=377&crop=1:rotflmao: