National Security Advisor Flynn has resigned.

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 6,482 Senior Member
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    He messed up.............bad. He was a good choice for the job, but just couldn't control his propensity for jumping the fence into the wrong area.

I'm also concerned with the 'leakage' that broke this story. Whoever leaked the info of the phone call(s) to the press needs to be prosecuted. Leaking that kind of info is close to being a domestic spy for the enemy. If they would leak that info, what info WOULDN'T they leak to the press?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,058 Senior Member
    Obama's democrap henchman still in the administration. Trump should purge these bastards.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    Obama's democrap henchman still in the administration. Trump should purge these bastards.

I am sure this will happen in time. Eventually the rats have to leave cover.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    This was inevitable. He lied to his boss and made a major diplomatic misstep. His goose was cooked.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    This was inevitable. He lied to his boss and made a major diplomatic misstep. His goose was cooked.

Unfortunately very true. However, the information should have been taken care of in house and not leaked to the press.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,263 Senior Member
    Maybe a public hanging of a leaker or two from a tree on the White House lawn would discourage the practice?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,019 Senior Member
    Trump has the guys needed to ferret out the slimy traitor that leaked the classified information. When they catch him, hang the rat.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Spooks who didn't like him or Trump were his downfall.

Others warned them not to piss off the Intel folks. Plenty are Dipstick fans or just don't like Flynn.................

http://theweek.com/articles/680068/americas-spies-anonymously-took-down-michael-flynn-that-deeply-worrying
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,836 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Spooks who didn't like him or Trump were his downfall.

Others warned them not to piss off the Intel folks. Plenty are Dipstick fans or just don't like Flynn.................

Trump did exactly what he should have done...and what I predicted he would do to any of his appointees that either weren't doing the job or bringing scandal on the administration. Flynn jumped the gun on his appointment.... plain and simple...

Of much more concern are the Obama holdovers still in the administration....Trump needs to purge every last one of them...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    So Comey finds no evidence to prosecute Hillary except they prosecute others for far less. Then, his agency wire taps the Trump transition team (was there a warrant?) and leaks the recordings to the press...The left thinks they have one over on Trump here but they just continue to expose the corruption in Washington. It's not just career politicians anymore, their appointees are corrupt as well. Are we getting to mass gov't firings when an administration change happens? What happened to serving the people?
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,588 Senior Member
    Cheetoh734 wrote: »
    So Comey finds no evidence to prosecute Hillary except they prosecute others for far less. Then, his agency wire taps the Trump transition team (was there a warrant?) and leaks the recordings to the press...The left thinks they have one over on Trump here but they just continue to expose the corruption in Washington. It's not just career politicians anymore, their appointees are corrupt as well. Are we getting to mass gov't firings when an administration change happens? What happened to serving the people?
    Don't you remember, the "traitor" Edward Snowden told us all about all the domestic surveillance programs taking place within the intelligence community. Oh that's right back then no one cared because it was all in the name of "national security". I'm sure Trump will voluntarily give up this power in the name of liberty right?
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Don't you remember, the "traitor" Edward Snowden told us all about all the domestic surveillance programs taking place within the intelligence community. Oh that's right back then no one cared because it was all in the name of "national security". I'm sure Trump will voluntarily give up this power in the name of liberty right?
    Also everyone was perfectly fine with it back in 2005 when it was originally revealed that Bush was engaged in massive domestic warantless wire tapping program.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/12/16/politics/bush-lets-us-spy-on-callers-without-courts.html
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,544 Senior Member
    Also everyone was perfectly fine with it back in 2005 when it was originally revealed that Bush was engaged in massive domestic warantless wire tapping program.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/12/16/politics/bush-lets-us-spy-on-callers-without-courts.html

Bear with me cause I don't keep up with all the political goings on as some of you do but, how is the CIA spying on the President and his transition team and releasing info to the media, the same as the CIA spying on the average citizen? Is the CIA considered some omnipotent power that can act independantly and answer to no one? It seems like apples to oranges but maybe I'm missing something.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Mainstream Media and the Lefties smell a little blood and will stop at nothing to bring Trump down.......... some talking impeachment even before the inauguration.............."Total Resistance" they are calling it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Bear with me cause I don't keep up with all the political goings on as some of you do but, how is the CIA spying on the President and his transition team and releasing info to the media, the same as the CIA spying on the average citizen? Is the CIA considered some omnipotent power that can act independantly and answer to no one? It seems like apples to oranges but maybe I'm missing something.

The likely story is that the CIA was spying on American citizens making phone calls to top Russian officials. Seems like something that would be within their mission. At the time of the phone calls Flynn was not even an employee of the US government.

Also for the record are you saying administration officials are somehow better or above the average American and therefore not subject to the same rules and laws?
    -DoctorWho
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    Last report I heard indicated that the CIA/NSA/Homeland/whoever wasn't spying on the citizen, but was listening in on the Russians and happened to catch an American talking to them.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,544 Senior Member
    The likely story is that the CIA was spying on American citizens making phone calls to top Russian officials. Seems like something that would be within their mission. At the time of the phone calls Flynn was not even an employee of the US government.

Also for the record are you saying administration officials are somehow better or above the average American and therefore not subject to the same rules and laws?

"For the record" I'm not stating anything, note the generous use of question marks. Would releasing information about those phone calls to the media also be within their mission? (note another question mark)
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    It takes extremely special permission from people outside of the CIA for the CIA to conduct operations on US Soil. There are other organizations that conduct operations and surveillance on US Soil.

And yes for years Administration and Congressional personnel have been above the law. The first that comes to mind is Ted Kennedy.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Mainstream Media and the Lefties smell a little blood and will stop at nothing to bring Trump down.......... some talking impeachment even before the inauguration.............."Total Resistance" they are calling it.
    Like crying for Obama to pardon Hillary when she had not been charged with a crime. They tend to run on emotion rather than knowledge.

Well, since Obama was still President when the phone calls happened, why isn't Obama being pilloried over what he knew and when he knew it? HE was the top dog in charge at the time; Trump was yet to be inaugurated. Or did that fact escape you.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,440 Senior Member
    It seems a bit strange to me that guy selected as nat'l security advisor would be strung up and left swinging in the wind for actions that I'd hope our mid-level Intel officers do on a routine basis.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    The illegal action was contact with a foreign country while still a "civilian." If he'd have done it as the NSA, I believe he'd have not been in trouble.
    Overkill is underrated.
    The illegal action was contact with a foreign country while still a "civilian." If he'd have done it as the NSA, I believe he'd have not been in trouble.

They say he didn't do anything illegal and doesn't fall under whatever Act they last prosecuted anyone for in 1799.

They routinely monitor (spy on) telephone calls with foreign dignitaries, but are supposed to conceal the American counterparts identity.

Seems he would have known anything he said on the phone was being monitored by one of them Spook agencies.
    Trump's situation reminds me of an old Southern tradition usually performed in the spring. Corn cribs attracted rats, and they destroyed a lot of feed corn, and corn used for planting a new crop. When they got too numerous, we had a 'rat killin' ' that took care of that problem. The remaining corn was removed from the corn crib and long whippy saplings cut and prepared. An old car, truck, or tractor was pulled in next to the corn crib and a long piece of flexible exhaust pipe attached to the tailpipe and started. The flex pipe was stuck down a rat hole and the assembled waited for the carbon monoxide sickened rats to run, and they were duly whipped to death with the saplings. All rat holes were hit with the exhaust to ensure you got the majority.

Trump needs to have a rat killin' in D.C. and smoke out and purge the Obama plants that are causing the problems he's experiencing. And those 'leaking like a sieve' to the press need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law available, as a warning to others. If it takes prosecuting 100+ felons in government security positions to get the point across, then so be it. And reward the ones loyal to the U.S. that can keep their cake holes shut.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    It is just in house issues such as misleading the VP and maybe his attitude behind the scenes
    he looks pissed off constantly, not a good image
    for a cabinet official.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    He was negotiating with the Russians on behalf of our government without being a government employee. Ok, no real law about talking to someone. Fine. Lying to Pence was bad news. What bothers me is that Trump knew that already and was totally cool with it. He would not have acted on it at all if it weren't for the leakers. That doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings. What other crap is he willing to tolerate and will condone as long as the public doesn't know?

Leakers? Yea, he has some issues there, but I see it as a completely separate issue from the above. The leaks didn't cause the BS, he just got caught doing it publicly. Trump needs to get smart fast, stop flailing around that metaphorical sledge hammer, get on the ball, and use the right tool, the right way. Until he does, he will keep making stupid errors like this that are distractions from what he was sent there to accomplish. Not everyone in Washington is going to bow down and kiss his ass like they do in Trump Tower. This is an entirely different game.
    News (CNN/NBC...) all saying this is bigger than Iran-Contra/Watergate/ and even 9/11........................because they HATE Trump. And someone was saying tonight the architect/salesman (Ben Rhodes) of the Iran Deal was a source of the leaks. Who also had a lot of influence on Dipstick, a creative writer who helped push some other bad idys he hadn't a clue about...................

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/ben-rhodes-the-cynical-spinmeister-who-helped-sell-the-iran-16103