Day Without Immigrants

2»

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,730 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    What about that truck stop the Tennesseen up the highway a few exits? I ate there once and it was ok.

Lots in Athens, someone would have to give Wambli a map.

:spittingcoffee: That faux pas by Wambli is the gift that keeps on giving! :rotflmao:
    And he was sneakin' around in my AO while I was gone. That ain't right!

Speaking of actions having consequences, I've read several news pieces about the 'immigrants' laying out of work yesterday and getting pink slips yesterday and today. Sometimes it's best to get the boss's permission before taking an unscheduled day off work. You might say that they sinned in haste, and have plenty of time on their hands to repent at leisure now.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,001 Senior Member
    I ate at Sarges once, across from the motel. It was OK but I think our group would overwhelm them, but it is a convenient location!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,047 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The Tennesseean has pretty typical truck stop food- - - -OK, but nothing to brag about. There's another buffet-style place in Ardmore, over on the Alabama side of town. Rumor has it the Fried Tomato got crossways with the health department, according to Mary's hair stylist who has a shop there.
    Jerry

It would have to be a pretty serious or repeated health violations to be forced to shut down. Perhaps it's only temporary until they get whatever the violation is straightened out.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    I ate at Sarges once, across from the motel. It was OK but I think our group would overwhelm them, but it is a convenient location!

That place was pretty crowded over the weekend I was there last year. Seems like even if the food was good, they wouldn't have room for a group our size.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,658 Senior Member
    Since we (me & the Mrs) have taken to staying in Athens (Alabama Wambli), dinner there would work for me, they're a small town, but large enough to have about anything you might want to eat.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,255 Senior Member
    Sarge's has a private dining room big enough to accommodate the group that usually shows up on Friday night. It would be very convenient to most of our crowd. They're on about their 4th. ownership change since the place opened 30-something years ago, so I'm probably making an unfair assessment of the quality. When "Sarge" originally opened the place, the food and service were both fantastic. He made a habit of opening a location, getting it up and running, and selling out so he could start another one somewhere. He rode a 3-wheel motorcycle with a Ford 302 V8!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    Sarge's has a private dining room big enough to accommodate the group that usually shows up on Friday night. It would be very convenient to most of our crowd. They're on about their 4th. ownership change since the place opened 30-something years ago, so I'm probably making an in fair assessment of the quality. When "Sarge" originally opened the place, the food and service were both fantastic. Hew made a habit of opening a location, getting it up and running, and selling out so he could start another one somewhere. He rode a 3-wheel motorcycle with a Ford 302 V8!
    Jerry

That makes him ALRIGHT in my book.....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
2»