Is all this bleeding heart concern fer Muslims faux?

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I mean all those accusing Trump/others of being Islamophobic. Do they really give a rats ass about them or is all this outrage just a convenient bandwagon to jump on.

And can't they see what is happening in Germany/France/Sweden other places and do they really want that here and wouldn't be more prudent to make sure who you let in really have their interest in mind not trying to make their new homes like the ones they left behind?

What would happen if say 10,000 Americans were let into say Saudi Arabia with nothing but the rags on their backs, bringing a foreign culture and religion (or none) with them................how would they be treated?
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    liberals can't see that far, they think with emotions not with intelligence.
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 311 Member
    The way I see it the left-slanted medias, who pose as "journalists", are bandwagon sensationalists looking for any opportunity to make Trump look like a fascist. Apparently still all butt-hurt about losing the election and fearing that their One World care bear fantasy idealism will be thwarted, or worse no longer funded.....(Ha!)....., or just ignorantly tolerated as with the case of these so-called sanctuary cities, they're doing whatever they can to make the necessary changes difficult or ugly and attempt to shape public opinion to their ideals. Liberals are choking on it and ranting like intellectual children because the federal free lolly pop store is closing.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I mean all those accusing Trump/others of being Islamophobic. Do they really give a rats ass about them or is all this outrage just a convenient bandwagon to jump on.

And can't they see what is happening in Germany/France/Sweden other places and do they really want that here and wouldn't be more prudent to make sure who you let in really have their interest in mind not trying to make their new homes like the ones they left behind?

What would happen if say 10,000 Americans were let into say Saudi Arabia with nothing but the rags on their backs, bringing a foreign culture and religion (or none) with them................how would they be treated?
    Immigrants from different cultures are pretty much always treated like crap by a certain segment of the native population anywhere in the world. It doesn't make the people who treat them poorly any less of jerks. Liberals are fairly bleeding heart as you say and thus pretty much universally anti-jerk.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Im not a Trumper.

I believe beyond any doubt that much of the press has an aimed campaign against Trump. Almost like its a power struggle.

Alot of people, myself included have strong aversions to anything that even might resemble religious persecution.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,417 Senior Member
    Trump could adopt the entire dummycrap election platform, fire Mike Pence and appoint Bernie Sanders vice president, and bring in a million muslim refugees with no vetting at all, and the liberals would still howl for him to be hung at high noon on the White House lawn. He needs to ignore the screeching moonbats and keep on doing exactly what he pleases- - - -they're never going to be satisfied! Only a fool tries to make friends with a rattlesnake!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    Immigrants from different cultures are pretty much always treated like crap by a certain segment of the native population anywhere in the world. It doesn't make the people who treat them poorly any less of jerks. Liberals are fairly bleeding heart as you say and thus pretty much universally anti-jerk.

There's nothing wrong with being a bleeding heart, if you are spending your own money. Forcing sensible people to throw good money after bad is not the way to lift up entire classes of people. Devising programs that work, and being able to show that they work, and then encouraging people to support them, does work. Even so, you will only save those who want to be saved - you will never save the ones who won't suffer through the transition from low-life to good citizen. In order to get support from any sane person, you must devise plans where the people being helped have some 'skin in the game.' Most people don't mind helping someone who is trying to help themselves, but they turn their backs on those who prove they are born losers. Bleeding heart liberals have done nothing but teach people how to scam the taxpayers, and the taxpayers are sick of it to the point that they are no longer listening to pleas for ever more money out of their pockets.
    Teach wrote: »
    Trump could adopt the entire dummycrap election platform, fire Mike Pence and appoint Bernie Sanders vice president, and bring in a million muslim refugees with no vetting at all, and the liberals would still howl for him to be hung at high noon on the White House lawn. He needs to ignore the screeching moonbats and keep on doing exactly what he pleases- - - -they're never going to be satisfied! Only a fool tries to make friends with a rattlesnake!
    Jerry
    Unfortunately true. Then again the same could have been said a lot of conservatives about Obama. This kind of partisan rage blindness is a major problem for anything resembling constructive change in this country. It only seem to get worse and worse every election cycle.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,555 Senior Member

Exactly the opposite!

[video]http://southpark.cc.com/clips/155203/the-perfect-storm-of-self-satisfaction[/video]
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,555 Senior Member
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    -DoctorWho
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member

Immigrants that come here and hit the ground running, as in getting a job and supporting themselves and their family aren't the problem. The ones that come in and immediately throw a flying lip lock on every government teat available and don't even try to find work are the problem, and there's WAY too many of that type. People are tired of seeing massive amounts of their taxes, both state and federal, being used to support the ones that wouldn't lift a finger to work for their money and make any effort to support themselves.

We could take in 100,000,000 refugees per year and world poverty would decrease not one tenth of a percentage point. It would actually increase as poverty here in this country would skyrocket due to the influx of people with no jobs, and no facilities available to handle them, and the resulting collapse of the economy attempting to do so.

As to Liberals being anti jerk, I would remind you that it isn't Conservatives shutting down free speech everywhere they can in public venues and on college campuses, rioting and destroying both private and public property, and attacking anyone not towing their line. That's entirely a Liberal thing right now.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,213 Senior Member
    Refugees? When did it become the USA's job to take in every poor slob coming from various crapholes in the world? Germany/France/Sweden/Australia is more than welcome to take them.

Muslims? When did our country establish a state religion? Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Atheist, whatever... I don't want people brought into our country with intent to do us harm, no matter the religion. Singling out one and giving a free pass to the others is the height of stupid. Trust no one.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,038 Senior Member
    There's the conservative political ideology at home that they see day to day, claim to understand, and utterly oppose.

Then there's the rest of the world outside their borders that would gleefully skin them and make lampshades out of their tattooed hides - that their hated, more familiar domestic opposition sees for what it is and opposes. I think the result of this is there's a sort of misguided kneejerk version of "The foreign enemy of my domestic enemy is my friend" going on in their liberal heads. They see their conservative neighbors as worse - simply because they've never had to deal directly with the other, nor can they fathom a world outside their college campus where suicide bombings are what passes for "normal".

They've gotten as far as seeing local Christianity as a barrier to whatever freedoms they seek, but haven't taken time to wrap their brain around the reality that Islam is AT LEAST all that.

And they've also got that youthful, naive, Barney-esque world view in which we all just get along, celebrating our differences in our non-competitive Priuses, eating Ben & Jerry's churned by a windmill and chilled with electricity powered by same.

Short version: I think that they haven't properly thought through the hierarchy of threats.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    There's the conservative political ideology at home that they see day to day, claim to understand, and utterly oppose.

Then there's the rest of the world outside their borders that would gleefully skin them and make lampshades out of their tattooed hides - that their hated, more familiar domestic opposition sees for what it is and opposes. I think the result of this is there's a sort of misguided kneejerk version of "The foreign enemy of my domestic enemy is my friend" going on in their liberal heads. They see their conservative neighbors as worse - simply because they've never had to deal directly with the other, nor can they fathom a world outside their college campus where suicide bombings are what passes for "normal".

They've gotten as far as seeing local Christianity as a barrier to whatever freedoms they seek, but haven't taken time to wrap their brain around the reality that Islam is AT LEAST all that.

And they've also got that youthful, naive, Barney-esque world view in which we all just get along, celebrating our differences in our non-competitive Priuses, eating Ben & Jerry's churned by a windmill and chilled with electricity powered by same.

Short version: I think that they haven't properly thought through the hierarchy of threats.
    This pretty well sums up your point.

Very much NSFW:

https://youtu.be/ZGcjrN7X7Rc
    -DoctorWho
    One "protester" murders another at a BLM rally- - - - -which promptly turns into a panicky stampede. They can't wait for the cops they have been badmouthing to arrive and protect their worthless butts! I'm waiting for some **** radical to figure out that about 10 jihadists with several 20-round magazines stationed on rooftops could turn one of those marches into a shooting gallery!
    Jerry
    Seems like most of the 'refugees' from the ME are being settled in the big cities, for the most part. That's a good thing. That keeps the crazies concentrated in those big city areas. Same for the Liberals that are spewing their bile and burning and smashing up stuff in the big cities. Let them trash the big cities to their heart's content; I don't really care. The big cities can have all that fun that they can stand. And when they start having the same problems that Germany, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, France, and Italy are having, I still won't care. They asked for it, and if they get it, then it's their problem. If they are too cowardly to stand up and put a stop to it, then they will just have to deal with it.

Like I said, I don't care. Living way out in the country in a very rural area with no big cities closer than an hours drive away is good. They wouldn't like the reception out here, or in the small towns around me, if they tried that mess.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    All this fake sympathy for immigrants, Muslims, minimum-wage workers and others is propaganda being generated by the leftist elites to be used for political purposes, such as solidifying the left-wing base, bring in gullible new recruits and to destabilize the Republican party and especially the Trump administration. The left is making use of it's army of "useful idiots" in an attempt to gain back some power, or at least discredit the opposition.

Saul Alinski's Rules For Radicals:

The Rules

“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
    “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
    “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
    “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
    “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
    “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
    “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
    “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
    “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
    "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
    “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
    “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
    Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,662 Senior Member

How many have you sponsored and have living with you?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Enzo, that's the long way around Robin Hood's barn. Simply put, liberals are lying hypocrites when it comes to anyone who dares to disagree with their world view.
    :angry:
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    All this fake sympathy for immigrants, Muslims, minimum-wage workers and others is propaganda being generated by the leftist elites to be used for political purposes, such as solidifying the left-wing base, bring in gullible new recruits and to destabilize the Republican party and especially the Trump administration. The left is making use of it's army of "useful idiots" in an attempt to gain back some power, or at least discredit the opposition.

Saul Alinski's Rules For Radicals:

The Rules

“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
    “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
    “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
    “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
    “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
    “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
    “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
    “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
    “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
    "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
    “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
    “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
    Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Good post.

These tactics have been evident for years, and people still fall for it. It isn't much different from Joseph Goebbels 'Big Lie' strategy. Just create a narrative that appeals to the emotional masses, pound it home every day, and never admit that it is a lie. And, of course, accuse your opposition of what you are doing, affix blame to others, and talk fast and loud, stifling any reasonable opposition.
    bisley wrote: »
    Good post.

These tactics have been evident for years, and people still fall for it. It isn't much different from Joseph Goebbels 'Big Lie' strategy. Just create a narrative that appeals to the emotional masses, pound it home every day, and never admit that it is a lie. And, of course, accuse your opposition of what you are doing, affix blame to others, and talk fast and loud, stifling any reasonable opposition.

Yep, the left has this tactic down pat. Too many people think they are stupid, when this whole thing is highly organized, the money is there to carry it out, and they can respond very quickly.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Yep, the left has this tactic down pat.

Definitely- - - - -but just listen to them scream when someone turns the tables and uses their own tactics against them! Dirty Pool!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Definitely- - - - -but just listen to them scream when someone turns the tables and uses their own tactics against them! Dirty Pool!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry

And that is why I refer to them as "pathologically lying hypocrites."
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    And that is why I refer to them as "pathologically lying hypocrites."

Liberals are always for doing great works...................................AS LONG AS THEY USE OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY!

Alpha still hasn't told us how many of those fighting age Syrian males he sponsoring and taking into his own home. Which sort of proves my point.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,278 Senior Member
    Libs have solutions for everything as long as it's not in their back yards.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,687 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Libs have solutions for everything as long as it's not in their back yards.

I just had a great idea! Hillary Clinton could take whatever money from the Clinton Foundation that hasn't been transfered to offshore accounts yet and use it to build refugee camps in the middle East. The money would actually be used for the humanitarian aid that they claim that it's used for and she would be a hero!
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

It's a powerful bandwagon.

It's about feelings, not actions. The left holds feelings accountable, not the morality of others' actions.

Listen to talks by Dennis Prager about the morality of happiness and it's quite eye opening. He spells it out simply and articulately.

Logical people say, "I don't care how you feel, I care how you act." For the left, it's he opposite and it creates serious moral turpitude on their side--including in-fighting and cannibalizing their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    Liberals remind me of the atheists that speak more about religion than the religious do. I know many conservatives that are as minimally involved with politics as possible. No liberals though. You convert to their thinking or you're an idiot bigot.
    Rocketman wrote: »
    Liberals remind me of the atheists that speak more about religion than the religious do. I know many conservatives that are as minimally involved with politics as possible. No liberals though. You convert to their thinking or you're an idiot bigot.

Liberalism and Atheism both meet the requirements of a religion in their strict belief systems. And they both have one thing in common with an actual religion; CONVERT OR DIE! :tooth:

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,213 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Liberalism and Atheism both meet the requirements of a religion in their strict belief systems. And they both have one thing in common with an actual religion; CONVERT OR DIE! :tooth:
    I agree with you on Atheism-- they are so anti religion that it becomes a religion itself. Liberalism-- maybe I am naive, but I tend to think of them as well meaning people with honest good intentions but let propaganda, simplistic thinking, and faulty logic get in the way. Sadly, I see today's so called "conservatives" in the same light. There are a whole lot of traps preventing a person from using the truth to serve their good intentions. Unfortunately, people are having a hard time avoiding them.