Immigration rant

2»

Replies

• stetsonstetson Member Posts: 42 Member
    Live in Maine ,a poor state who second largest city being overrun with refugees from Africa.It take at least two years before they can get a green card so they can work.Over a 5 year period 90 percent are still on welfare and draining public assistance funds to the point City Of Lewiston feel the pain where it's going to be past on to local taxpayers in form of property taxes.We need to make coming to our country less hospitable when it comes to generous benefit the refugees receive.Our governor has sad no more refugees we can't afford to take them on.Biggest culprit is the Catholic Church who sponsors them. We need to shut the welfare stream off and we need to devote our limited resources to our own citizens.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,200 Senior Member
    stetson wrote: »
    It take at least two years before they can get a green card so they can work.
    I never knew that. That is crazy! So these people get shipped over to a new country and are going to have a difficult time integrating into society, then on top of that can't get a job even if they wanted to. A job is the key to their integration because it pulls them out of their closed communities and forces them to deal and work with mainstream society. It is kind of hard to have any personal dignity and put your life back together when you have to rely on handouts for that long too.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    I just saw a piece on Fox & Friends that said that a study done on Immigrants/refugees coming into the US showed that over 90% were on food stamps, 75%+ were getting Medicare and over 70% were getting CASH assistance. To the tune of over 5 Billion a year that the citizens with jobs and paying taxes have to come up with. Count me out. Keep them in the sandbox. The United States contributes over 60% of the UN's budget. Time to pull out of the UN. What are we getting out of that entity?
    Their lovely Arms Trade Agreement?
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,680 Senior Member
    stetson wrote: »
    It take at least two years before they can get a green card so they can work.

I'm not sure if that's completely accurate. Here in Florida, most of the immigrants get work visas so they can start making money right away. They'll stack a huge number of people in a hotel room living on air mattresses, and they'll ride bicycles and work several jobs apiece, all the while working to become permanent citizens. When they accrue enough money, they'll rent an apartment or house and maybe buy a car and keep working their butts off while they try to bring more family in. I've witnessed this scenario play out countless times around here.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Just for the record, which side should they be fighting on? For Bashar Assad a brutal dictator who used chemical weapons against civilians or for ISIS?

Just for the record, who they fight for is up to them. Or they could put on blue hats and be "peace keepers".
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,146 Senior Member
    ............It seems most conservatives don't really care about that. Sure it's not our problem and I we don't have to help. I certainly get the impulse. Not everything is our problem to solve. But being "the good guy" who helped out those in need has always been one of the things that "made American great". At least in many people's minds. It is disappointing to many to see that go away.

Yeah, keep that bleeding heart bleeding...one day you'll be dead from loss of blood. If we continue taking all the refugees, economic or political that all you libs want to bring in for humanitarian reasons, pretty soon this country will be exactly the same as the sheetz-holes they came from. If that's heartless to you, I don't give a damn. Our survival as a nation and as a people is more important than theirs.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • stetsonstetson Member Posts: 42 Member
    I am not a globlist and I believe in strong national borders.The golblist want to bring down our living standards to third world level making it easy for them to control the masses.National soventry with property ownership is the mainstay of American Dream. United States pays the highest percentage of maintaining the UN yet a small country has the same voting power as america.It's time for the United States to leave UN as it doesn't represent our best interest.I'd rather see a organization based on both North and South America.This is more localized and we'd get more bang for the buck.