These Videos Will Forever Change The Way You View Immigration

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 890 Senior Member
This Viral Video Will Forever Change The Way You View Immigration
http://www.angrypatriotmovement.com/video-changes-immigration-view/

Immigration Gumballs Part 2#
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DFPKNdYFkE

Immigration by the Numbers -- Off the Charts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muw22wTePqQ

Now what is your view on Immigration? Should we open our Borders ti anyone that wants to enter?

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    Need to be strict limits on letting them come in. I'm talking legally, not to mention keeping the illegals out.
    We can only absorb so many and maintain. Some folks wanna give everything away because it makes them feel good and got their heads up their arses believing we have a never ending supply of Milk and Honey to give away without limits.

Freedom ain't free and the "Good Life" cost a lot of Blood, Sweat and Tears to build.

I've said it before, we keep letting in too many and the USA will be just like the crap holes they all left.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    Immigration is a tough subject for me. I have been in construction for ~15years now in a big city. In my industry a solid 80% of the workers are Hispanic immigrants. There are some interesting things that the media/politicians either don't know or don't tell you. The biggest for me is the notion that illegal immigrants don't pay taxes and are free loaders. I can personally attest that these guys get legitimate jobs because the state issues them driver's licenses and they make/get social security cards. They fill out W-4's and I-9s and check all the appropriate boxes. Most of these guys claim 0 on their W-4 meaning they pay the maximum withholding. Most companies use a payroll service or quick books for their payroll. The payroll service sends you a report once a month with alerts on the social security numbers that don't match. There are a lot. These guys will make $40-$120k per year. Most have families, and many have stay at home wives. They care claiming 0 on that W-4 and at the end of the year they can't file their taxes. Most of us would get a fat tax refund at the end of the year in that situation but in this case the gov't keeps all that money...That is a LOT of money when you extrapolate that out over the numbers of immigrants working in this country.

Secondly, this is admittedly anecdotal evidence, but many guys that have families here, have been here for many years, have children that are citizens etc. Can't get through the system. They pay lawyers a lot of money, they pull all the legal strings they can, and they wait and wait and wait. Some guys just give up...the system is broken. It benefits those that want to take advantage but there isn't a legitimate way for the people that want to work and live and assimilate to make it through either...

I'm as conservative as they come but this is one issue that isn't quite as simple as the majority of conservatives seem to think it is. This country needs a good flow of immigrants as it always has to build the next generation, and to do the toughest jobs that your average 3rd generation+ citizen just won't do...
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    Another consideration for Illegal Immigration.
    Remittances - a massive transfer of wealth out of America.
    Remittances are essentially a tax-free transfer of wealth out of the U.S. Approximately $20 billion of Mexican remittances each year disappear from the U.S. economy via the institutionalized money transfer industry, never to return. While this massive amount may be considered virtual foreign aid, it is a non-sanctioned transfer of wealth that is based on a fundamental violation of America’s immigration and employment laws.

http://http://www.cairco.org/issues/remittances
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,254 Senior Member
    That's simple to resolve- - - -put a 15% surcharge on financial transfers out of the country- - - -that applies whether it's part of an illegal's weekly paycheck or billions sent to an offshore shell corporation. Problem- - - -and deficit/national debt- - - -solved!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,368 Senior Member
    I know there are illegals out there that work hard and are not a drag on the system but growing up in California I did get to see the change. I had relatives that made a very comfortable living picking fruit, a great uncle and aunt had a house in Modesto and one in Florida and worked the seasons between the two. Don't think that would be possible in today's world.
    I have known people that went from making a good living in the construction industry to loosing their jobs because they could not compete against a group (usually six to 10) of people that would come in all live in a one or two bedroom apartment buy one pickup and do the same job at the same price as a 3 man crew would do.

An interesting topic is the field workers, high school and collage kids used to do some of that work but once they got shoved out and enough time past they will not go back. Most of those field workers are also on welfare, the legal and illegal. And who do you think pays for their medical, not the corporate farms. I heard some years back that it was costing California 500,000 million dollars a year for medical for the illegals.
    I blame the corporate farms and politicians for most of this, you can be find up to 25,000 per illegal you hire but it is ignored.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    Saw a tomato farmer on the news saying how he can't get Americans to pick for him at 150 bucks a day. I know it's hard work and that is probably 10 or 12 hrs a day but still. Make those on welfare show up instead of letting them sit home playing video games.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Now what is your view on Immigration? Should we open our Borders ti anyone that wants to enter?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man