Maryland gun owners hosed again

JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior MemberPosts: 1,726 Senior Member
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-maryland-guns-idUSKBN1610JY
4th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the 2013 ban.
Never laugh at your wife's choices.
You are one of them.

Replies

  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,575 Senior Member
    Linky no worky
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Worked fine for me. Sure did not appreciate what was written.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    :uhm::popcorn:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,099 Senior Member
    JLDickmon wrote: »
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-maryland-guns-idUSKBN1610JY
    4th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the 2013 ban.


    Here's how I read it....

    "Maryland gun owners get exactly what they deserve for sitting idly by and waiting for the local government to give them handouts that are actually unalienable rights."

    Just like Cali. Stand up or leave.

    It boggles my mind how citizens of a state will just stay and live under communist rule but cry about how much it sucks.

    Fight it or flee it. Pick one, but for Christ's sake don't just sit there and be crapped on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • therewolftherewolf Member Posts: 90 Member
    Answer's real simple, LEAVE AND TAKE YOUR MONEY WITH YOU.

    OR, how about YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES JUST SCREWED

    YOU, AGAIN. Now, what are YOU going to do about it?

    (HINT: Posting here is preaching to the choir, it accomplishes nothing.)
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    "Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war," Judge Robert King wrote, referring to the "military-style rifles" that were also used during mass shootings in Aurora, Colorado, San Bernardino, California, and Orlando, Florida.

    These are "places whose names have become synonymous with the slaughters that occurred there," he wrote, noting that the Supreme Court's decision in the 2008 District of Columbia v. Heller case excluded coverage of assault weapons.


    This sets a NATIONAL precedent.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    This sets a NATIONAL precedent.
    Yep. I wonder how they figure:
    A. These are "weapons of war."
    B. They don't have the power to extend protections?

    Disregard the fact that muzzle-loaders, bolt-action rifles, lever-action rifles, revolvers, and whatnot were developed to, er, fight wars with. Or not. I would think that one could argue that a firearm's "intended" use is irrelevant to access. I personally believe the "weapons of war" excuse to be largely irrelevant.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    Yep. I wonder how they figure:
    A. These are "weapons of war."
    B. They don't have the power to extend protections?

    They quoted the judge that best represents the Reuters' position. In all fairness, the last line says:
    The majority "has gone to greater lengths than any other court to eviscerate the constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms," Judge William Traxler wrote in the dissent of the ruling released on Tuesday.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,575 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Here's how I read it....

    "Maryland gun owners get exactly what they deserve for sitting idly by and waiting for the local government to give them handouts that are actually unalienable rights."

    Just like Cali. Stand up or leave.

    It boggles my mind how citizens of a state will just stay and live under communist rule but cry about how much it sucks.

    Fight it or flee it. Pick one, but for Christ's sake don't just sit there and be crapped on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is the reason I live in VA despite the fact that it is more expensive and now less convenient to my work. That said making a choice to uproot your entire life, sell your house, quit your job (assuming you don't live near the border of another state) is a lot. Saying "fight" also isn't so easy. People did, but it's a solidly blue state, only so much a minority can do in that situation.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    They quoted the judge that best represents the Reuters' position. In all fairness, the last line says:

    The majority "has gone to greater lengths than any other court to eviscerate the constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms," Judge William Traxler wrote in the dissent of the ruling released on Tuesday.
    Sorry, the "they" I was referring to was the justices themselves. But yeah, they did quote the one who agrees with them...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,117 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Worked fine for me. Sure did not appreciate what was written.

    Nor did I, brother; nor did I.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,565 Senior Member
    Typical liberal "logic". Exclude the very thing the 2nd amendment protects. In 1791 the military musket with bayonet was the state of the art assault weapon. Today, ARs fill that need.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,727 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    Typical liberal "logic". Exclude the very thing the 2nd amendment protects. In 1791 the military musket with bayonet was the state of the art assault weapon. Today, ARs fill that need.

    Fine. I'll just put together some .69 cal. smoothbore muzzleloading barrels in an 8 barrel configuration that fire simultaneously. Three sets should be sufficient for HD purposes. Then I'll get a Brown Bess flintlock with spade bayonet. Fire the multibarrel setup(s) first to tear the burglars to doll rags with those big round lead balls, and use the spade bayonet on the Brown Bess to bayonet the wounded. Just like they did way back when! :up:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,099 Senior Member
    This is the reason I live in VA despite the fact that it is more expensive and now less convenient to my work. That said making a choice to uproot your entire life, sell your house, quit your job (assuming you don't live near the border of another state) is a lot. Saying "fight" also isn't so easy. People did, but it's a solidly blue state, only so much a minority can do in that situation.


    If your current career doesn't make you marketable in other states where freedom isn't a trivial matter, then your career path is already useless.

    And in almost every state registered democrats outnumber registered republicans, even in many cases if you combine republicans and independents into the same figure. Yet, solid right wing voting turnout yields a win. I bet almost anything in a state like Maryland where about 55% are registered democratic and 22% republican if 80% of republicans actually voted the democrats wouldn't win a thing. They're lazy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,254 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    in almost every state registered democrats outnumber registered republicans

    And that's just the ones on the top side of the grass. When they vote the graveyard the ratio really gets bad!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,099 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    And that's just the ones on the top side of the grass. When they vote the graveyard the ratio really gets bad!
    Jerry


    Ha. Unfortunately yes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    The liberals love to make the case that the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect an individual right - it only applies to a well-regulated militia. Well, here we are. The whole bunch of us. We're the militia. And since the militia is a military thing, it needs, meaning we need, "weapons of war" to be well-regulated. But hold on - don't get anxious - we of the militia will happily settle instead for modern sporting rifles. Deal?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,254 Senior Member
    Aren't we supposed to be part of Obama's "Civilian Security Force"? He said we need to be as well-armed as the military, didn't he?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,099 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Aren't we supposed to be part of Obama's "Civilian Security Force"? He said we need to be as well-armed as the military, didn't he?
    :uhm:
    Jerry


    If we are radical militant left wing fascist rioters, then yes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,565 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    The liberals love to make the case that the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect an individual right - it only applies to a well-regulated militia. Well, here we are. The whole bunch of us. We're the militia. And since the militia is a military thing, it needs, meaning we need, "weapons of war" to be well-regulated. But hold on - don't get anxious - we of the militia will happily settle instead for modern sporting rifles. Deal?
    You are 100% correct. Semi auto ARs are an excellent choice for the militia. Full auto should only be used to keep the enemy's heads down, 'suppressive' fire when assaulting their positions. Aimed semi automatic fire is many times more effective for killing them and conserves ammunition.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.