Is anyone else sick of the 2012 election yet?

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,854 Senior Member
We've got 16 months till the general election and about 6 months till the first primary votes are cast, yet it seems like the only thing I ever see or hear about on the news is the election. Who's running, who should or shouldn't join the race, who's leading, who's fading, who said what stupid thing. I'm already sick of it. Wake me up around March (when the primaries are in full swing) and again in September or October. I'm sick of this non-stop election cycle crap. I wish for once politicians would spend even 10% of the effort they spend raising money and campaigning actually DOING THEIR JOBS!!!
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,847 Senior Member
    I wish for once politicians would spend even 10% of the effort they spend raising money and campaigning actually DOING THEIR JOBS!!!

That sounds nice, but the best thing we can hope for from Washington theses days is Gridlock. Keep them from making the situation worse.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Dan C JohnsonDan C Johnson In Memoriam Posts: 156 Member
    I am not sick of it because I have paid zero attention to it. I haven't watched the news in months and won't until the primaries get rolling. I already know who I am voting for in the election. Whoever is running against Obama. All I have to decide is who I am voting for in the SC primary and there's plenty of time for that. So this election I decided to save myself some stress and simply ignore it until time to make a decision.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,854 Senior Member
    Sounds like a good plan.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    We've got 16 months till the general election and about 6 months till the first primary votes are cast, yet it seems like the only thing I ever see or hear about on the news is the election. Who's running, who should or shouldn't join the race, who's leading, who's fading, who said what stupid thing. I'm already sick of it. Wake me up around March (when the primaries are in full swing) and again in September or October. I'm sick of this non-stop election cycle crap. I wish for once politicians would spend even 10% of the effort they spend raising money and campaigning actually DOING THEIR JOBS!!!

Got to Agree with Dan J and cpj on this one. Oh I will go vote but as far as the Rhetoric and BS I see on the TV I am sick and tired of that BS..... It gets worse and worse every election year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It all a bunch of half-truths and lies, and he said, she said, he did she did.....:blah::blah::vomit::devil::yesno:
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,421 Senior Member
    I stopped watching TV news a long time ago every thing I need is on the internet and when the time comes to vote I will have done my searches and made my decisions. Don't care what the news or politicians have to say their actions will have already told their story.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,230 Senior Member
    I'm more sick of the O and his band of scum sucking commies in the Whitehouse and Congress.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 471 Member
    Plan on feeling sick for a long time.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.