Hate seeking missiles, this is what I'm talking about

Replies

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,955 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I understand there are a lot of educated people that are with them but I do believe that they benefit greatly from the growing uneducated population of this country. I'm pretty sure if you poll the people of this country and you go down the line in levels of education the % of folks that identify themselves as Democrat sharply rises.

I believe the Liberal world is mostly composed of those that believe they know what is best for everyone and want to impose their beliefs on us all AND as a way bigger majority, those that don't know any better (or are lazy or both) and want to be taken care of.

The way I see it both parties maintain their existence through similar processes. They both have a primary group of "elites" that they serve and gain and battle for power by seeking to capture a large enough chunk of the ignorant masses to gain a majority and use that majority to serve primarily the interests of their particular elites. In many cases there is actually heavy overlap between which elites benefit most from which party. Wallstreet and Military contractors for example tend to win no matter who is in power. Grossly oversimplifying the Republicans tend to serve the "business" elites while the Democrats tend to serve the "intellectual" elites. In order to maintain power Republicans tend to make promises to "ignorant hicks" while liberals tend to make promises to "the urban poor" along with both parties splitting up a number of single issue voters and other captured constituencies who essentially have no choice but to support whichever side happens to support their primary pet issue. Gun rights being a primary example of a captured constituency. There is almost nothing that Trump could possibly do over the next 4 years that would lead many of our members here to vote for a Democrat who supported gun control. When he said "I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters" he was serious and frankly he was pretty close to right. Same could be said of Hillary and certain issues. Many environmentalists and pro-choice people would have still voted for Hillary even if her missing emails said the Clinton Foundation actually paid the attackers in Benghazi to murder the ambassador because his wife once slept with Bill.

As in interesting aside this last election didn't really swing on independents, but it swung because a former democratic "captured constituency" switched sides. Rust belt, middle class or formerly middle class union workers or former union workers were swayed by Trump's economic message. He made big promises to them while Hillary assumed they would just vote the way they always did and ignored them.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    There really is a limit to the lies a constituency will tolerate, and the rust belt voter switch proves it. Taking votes for granted every four years and refusing to make good on campaign promises just bit the dummycraps in the butt. Now it's time to peel away a large portion of the black vote the same way by bringing jobs to the inner city areas that are more profitable than continuing to ride the welfare gravy train. The hardcore welfare leeches will never abandon ship, but there's a rapidly developing black middle class that just can't be counted on to keep lapping up the swill the politicians have been pouring into the trough for the past 50-something years. I think LBJ's prediction of "200 years" might have been a little optimistic.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,662 Senior Member

As in interesting aside this last election didn't really swing on independents, but it swung because a former democratic "captured constituency" switched sides. Rust belt, middle class or formerly middle class union workers or former union workers were swayed by Trump's economic message. He made big promises to them while Hillary assumed they would just vote the way they always did and ignored them.

Same result but the reasoning is different. Trump promised a lot, however the rust belt democrats realized that the democrat party no longer supported their way of life. Because you work with your hands does not mean you are less intelligent, it does mean that you dont have time to sit on your butt and think about that which doesnt not directly affect you. Trumps blowhardedness shined the light on what does affect these people, and a lot of them who have been voting Dem because the Union told them so couldnt swallow it again. In the last few weeks leading up to the election, Hillary doubled down on spending and questionable environmentalism. Then told everyone that she would continue Obamacare, which threw a lot of wives out of part time jobs, and every one paying their bills knows what they pay in health care, and they know it was going up in a big way. Then to top it off, she tried to grab the Bernie voters by giving more of these working class peoples money to the govt through a "free" education welfare program. These same people know how much they pay in state school taxes for K-12, now she was going to take a persons money who started at the mill or couldnt afford a education so they went to work and saved their money, and found out that they were "greedy".

The Democrat party left them, they havent switched anything.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    That seems to be the liberal ideology, if one nutjob commits a racist crime, they represent the Republicans party, if a group of people commit crimes against a city or neighborhood over displeasure with some event sponsored by a republican, they're just innocent people displaying their frustration with the administration.

This.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,812 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I wish everyone had my attitude. Which is: if you're not bothering me, you're not hurting anyone, and your a productive member of society, then I don't give a rats ass what you do, what ethnic background you are, etc etc. You're a person like anyone else. Let's drink a beer and have some chips and salsa.

Yepper doodles! :that::agree:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,365 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    You better watch out. Those crazy Muslims are out to get you.
    hqdefault.jpg

Dude!!!!!!!!!! That's an Indian Sikh! :rotflmao:

(And the sign on the temple is a dead giveaway!)
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,518 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

I knew that. Specifically, that temple is where a bunch of them were murdered when some nutjob thought he would go on a rampage and kill him some "Muslims".

Quit messing with my idiot bait. :cuss:
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I knew that. Specifically, that temple is where a bunch of them were murdered when some nutjob thought he would go on a rampage and kill him some "Muslims".

Quit messing with my idiot bait. :cuss:

The temple at Amritsar?
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,518 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    The temple at Amritsar?
    No, the gurdwara in Wisconsin...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    From Alphasig:
    "Republicans tend to make promises to "ignorant hicks" while liberals tend to make promises to "the urban poor" "

This attitude right here is what lost the Democrats the election. FINALLY, millions of hard working middle and lower ECONOMIC class citizens realized the Democratic party that has counted on their vote for so long actually despises them.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

Yep, not a Goat Humper, but a good specimen of a Water Boy fer the British Empire :popcorn: :popcorn:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Give him a Kukri and point the way to the front lines- - - -he will be glad to take it from there! Guys that resemble that dude are what's inside a can of whoopass!
    Jerry
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Well I was going to let that one go by unnoticed since that statement is like pulling the pin on a grenade and stuffing it in your mouth... but I guess you read it and now it's out there.

Yes, to the liberal mind any truck driving, non-metro, white guy that works for a living is an ignorant hick...

So now most everyone on this forum can see how our "token liberal" views the majority of folks on this forum.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Well I was going to let that one go by unnoticed since that statement is like pulling the pin on a grenade and stuffing it in your mouth... but I guess you read it and now it's out there.

Yes, to the liberal mind any truck driving, non-metro, white guy that works for a living is an ignorant hick...
    My point was merely that both parties and the elites that control them have a serious disdain for most of the lower and middle classes and have very little interest in doing much to help them. Even the policies that they pass that are supposed to help are almost always designed to greatly benefit some group of elites or another.

And for the record their greatest tool for maintaining power is pitting different factions of the "ignorant masses" against each other.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,365 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Yep, not a Goat Humper, but a good specimen of a Water Boy fer the British Empire :popcorn: :popcorn:

The headgear is also a dead giveaway. Their turbans are way different than the Muslim headgear. Like the meme about Sikhs said, "We're the 7/11 people, not the 9/11 people!"
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

"Bread and Circuses"- - - - -some things never change, but I don't think the ancient Romans actually elected the circus clowns to run the Senate, did they?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    My point was merely that both parties and the elites that control them have a serious disdain for most of the lower and middle classes and have very little interest in doing much to help them. Even the policies that they pass that are supposed to help are almost always designed to greatly benefit some group of elites or another.

And for the record their greatest tool for maintaining power is pitting different factions of the "ignorant masses" against each other.

So far, Trump has made a substantial effort to keep the campaign promises that caused his election and you made your opinion of the conservatives on this forum perfectly clear. Most of us were already aware of your position. So borrowing a phrase that you use frequently, "for the record" where do you place yourself? I see you as a young man with a minimal degree that places himself on a pedestal looking down on middle class people with an inflated sense of intellect. I very well could be wrong but that's what I see. I've mentioned before that I'm slow and simple.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,781 Senior Member
    We have far too much hatred in this country and it's starting to boil over. It needs to stop.

Identifying 'haters,' defining what 'hate' is, and applying 'degree of hatred' to political enemies seems to be the only thing liberals have to make themselves look attractive to their target constituencies. Never mind that they equate radical Muslims and Baptists, or that they fear conservatives more than terrorists, and that they encourage mobs to hate them. We don't need thought police - they are usually wrong, anyway.

'Hate' and 'hero' are the two most over-used and ill-defined words used by political hacks of every stripe. People do what they do for a thousand different reasons, and nobody can know what is in another's mind. Rather than try to extrapolate a motive from some off the cuff behavior in the past, we would be a lot better off if we simply looked at what was actually done, and punish it accordingly, regardless of motive and with a much less emphasized attention to mitigating circumstances. In other words, let's quit pretending that we can read the minds of someone we don't know, and just deal with what we know about whatever actions were carried out.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,662 Senior Member
    I hate everyone. Makes it eaiser.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^*

Buy that man a beer!
    And to clarify, folks need to quit coming up with stupid made up names like "hate seeking missiles"?

No kiddin, like MOzambique :jester: :tooth::roll2: :roll2:

Hey, Alpha likes guns, anyhow. :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    So we should stop trying to analyse the cause of these crimes and focus only on punishment of the act?

I'm not a consumer of cable tv news, so maybe I'm blissfully ignorant of all the partisan spin being referenced here.

Regardless, it seems like some continuing effort towards prevention is a good idea.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Simple, effective solution- - - - -if he's rioting, burning down buildings, attacking innocent bystanders, looting, and generally being a jackass, shoot him! His ideology is irrelevant- - - -he's a violent criminal. He won't be doing that anymore and there will be one less participant in the next riot! Very few people will notice, or even care that the oxygen thief is not among us anymore.
    Jerry
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,753 Senior Member
    Formal education gives you knowledge (if you are willing to absorb it) but it's not the end all. So I'm clear I mean education in the general sense, not just formal. I'll count vocational and technical training, even small business savvy learned along the way. In my mind a successful carpenter is more "educated" and certainly of more value to society than many PhD professors which have no real world skills but plenty of theoretical knowledge crammed into his brain.

By "uneducated" I mean the hoards who cruised through or flat out dropped out of school and then refused to learn anything that would make them better people and a contributing member of society. Mainly the ones that take the easy welfare and government subsidy line. We all know them. By Comparison a successful lawn maintenance guy is an educated man by my standards.

So again to refine what I've said, liberalism is the home to many of the highly "educated" theoretical thinkers that now are SURE they know better than the rest of us, and the home camp to the millions that have taken the easy way through life and can't survive without the next handout...
    Exactly. Our fledgling military pilots were delivered from flight school as a lump of clay to be molded over a period of years into fully competent aviators.

Indian Sikhs and Nepalese Gurkas were ferocious allies in WW2 and much feared by the Japanese. Unfortunately post 9/11 they were mistaken for Middle eastern due to their turbans.
    The headgear is also a dead giveaway. Their turbans are way different than the Muslim headgear. Like the meme about Sikhs said, "We're the 7/11 people, not the 9/11 people!"
    LOL. Not a 7/11 but a local convenience store was owned by Sikhs. Good, hard working people.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    A **** is a **** to the Brits but they were not to proud to make use of their superior fighting skills.
    Teach wrote: »
    Simple, effective solution- - - - -if he's rioting, burning down buildings, attacking innocent bystanders, looting, and generally being a jackass, shoot him! His ideology is irrelevant- - - -he's a violent criminal. He won't be doing that anymore and there will be one less participant in the next riot! Very few people will notice, or even care that the oxygen thief is not among us anymore.
    Jerry
    You reminded me of the 1964 Los Angeles Watts riot. Military Jeeps with M1919 .30 Cal machine guns significantly reduced looting. Of course the California libtards of the day were horrified. Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention recorded a song about it a couple years later.

Trouble Comin' Every Day (1966)

Well I'm about to get UPSET
    From watchin' my TV
    Been checkin' out the news
    Until my eyeballs fail to see
    I mean they say that every day
    Is just another rotten mess
    And when it's gonna change, my friends
    Is anybody's guess

So I'm watchin' and I'm waitin'
    Hopin' for the best
    Even think I'll go to prayin'
    Every time I hear 'em sayin'
    That there's no way to delay
    That trouble comin' every day
    No way to delay

Wednesday I watched the riot...
    I seen the cops out on the street
    Watched 'em throwin' rocks and stuff
    And chokin' in the heat
    Listened to reports
    About the whisky passin' 'round
    Seen the smoke & fire
    And the market burnin' down
    Watched while everybody
    On his street would take a turn
    To stomp and smash and bash and crash
    And slash and bust and burn

And I'm watchin' and I'm waitin'
    Hopin' for the best
    No way to delay

Well you can cool it,
    You can heat it...
    'Cause, baby, I don't need it...
    Take your TV tube and eat it
    'N all that phony stuff on sports
    'N all THOSE unconfirmed reports
    You know I watched that rotten box
    Until my head began to hurt
    From checkin' out the way
    The newsmen say they get the dirt
    Before the guys on channel so-and-so
    And further they assert
    That any show they'll interrupt
    To bring you news if it comes up
    They say that if the place blows up
    They'll be the first to tell
    Because the boys they got downtown
    Are workin' hard and doin' swell,
    And if anybody gets the news
    Before it hits the street,
    They say that no one blabs it faster
    Their coverage can't be beat

And if another woman driver
    Gets machine-gunned from her seat
    They'll send some joker with a brownie
    And you'll see it all complete

So I'm watchin' and I'm waitin'
    Hopin' for the best
    No way to delay

(spoken) Hey you know something people
    I'm not black
    But there's a whole lots a times
    I wish I could say I'm not white

Well, I seen the fires burnin'
    And the local people turnin'
    On the merchants and the shops
    Who used to sell their brooms and mops
    And every other household item
    Watched the mob just turn and bite 'em
    And they say it served 'em right
    Because a few of them are white,
    And it's the same across the nation
    Black & white discrimination
    They're yellin' "You can't understand me!"
    And all the other crap they hand me
    In the papers and TV
    'N all that mass stupidity
    That seems to grow more every day
    Each time you hear some nitwit say
    He wants to go and do you in
    Because the color of your skin
    Just don't appeal to him
    (No matter if it's black or white)
    Because he's out for blood tonight
    You know we gotta sit around at home
    And watch this thing begin
    But I bet there won't be many left
    To see it really end
    'Cause the fire in the street
    Ain't like the fire in my heart
    And in the eyes of all these people
    Don't you know that this could start
    On any street in any town
    In any state if any clown
    Decides that now's the time to fight
    For some ideal he thinks is right
    And if a million more agree
    There ain't no great society
    As it applies to you and me
    Our country isn't free
    And the law refuses to see
    If all that you can ever be
    Is just a lousy janitor
    Unless your uncle owns a store
    You know that five in every four
    WON'T amount TO nothin' more
    THAN watch the rats go across the floor
    And make up songs about being poor
    Blow your harmonica son!
    The one and only time I visited Detroit was in July of 1967- - - - -guess what they decided to do that night? I haven't been back since, and don't intend to go there anytime soon!
    :fan:
    Jerry
    Except our "ignorant masses" want jobs, fair treatment for all and a real opportunity at the American Dream. The liberal "ignorant masses" want to stay home to watch TV all day, break laws, continue fomenting a race war, and get free stuff. So now, who panders to the lowest common denominator as a way to stay in power?

The irony of your statement in light of the point of this entire conversation is off the charts. Sure continue to caricature the other side so it's easy hate them and so you can justify ignoring anything they might have to say. Gleefully accept the role the elite masters of your party have assigned to you and pick up a sword to fight for your team in the battle against the evil "other". Be a good soldier and never question your orders. Never question the reason for the battle, for your side is righteous and good and the other side is wicked and evil.
    -DoctorWho
    Keep pointing that accusing finger- - - - -three more of them are pointing back at you.
    Jerry