EPA's power grab of mud puddles

john9001john9001 Senior MemberPosts: 668 Senior Member
Just now Trump rescinded the EPA's power grab of control of mud puddles, watering ponds, kiddie pools, ( headwaters of navigable rivers).

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Long overdue.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,779 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    Long overdue.

Long since!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,611 Senior Member
    Finally some common sense has prevailed over tree hugging BS. The law that was struck down would have fenced cattle out of the water source that was created for them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Dear Lord, so much stupidity to erase!!! If Trump does nothing but roll back the last 8 years of Federal Government overreach and send 2 constitutionalists to the SCOTUS he will be just about the best president we aver had!

AMEN! I don't like Trump (but hated Hildabeast to infinity) nor do I really trust him but he is at least so far honoring what he campaigned on. Yes, I'd love to have more stuff done like rip up the UN Arms Treaty and wipe most Odumba EO but many things I would like to see done I want to come through proper channels, the Congress route, so they are not like Odumba's poison pen EOs we here screamed about. Proper legislation means way more than a pen swipe when future elected officials take office.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,807 Senior Member
    The EO is only to review the Obama regs.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump will sign Tuesday an executive order requiring the Environmental Protection Agency to review Obama-era water regulations to make sure they are not harming the economy, according to an internal EPA email obtained by CNN.

The order -- which is currently in draft form and subject to change before Tuesday afternoon, when Trump is expected to sign it -- addresses the "Waters of the United States" rule, which applies to 60% of the bodies of water in the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/donald-trump-water-epa/
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    The first rule of holes- - - - -"When you're in one, stop digging!" At least Trump is doing what he can to fill in the ones he inherited from Curious George!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,180 Senior Member
    Had to deal with the EPA once for trying to restore an approximate 3 acre wetland. I'd filled out all the paperwork and had a county agent at EVERY STEP sign off that all was correct and legal. EPA didn't bother to check that mess and just took me to court. They lost. I had no money left to continue work. EPA *&%$%^&&*%%%&&&:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss: came out and told me I could get a government loan to finish the work. I told them where they could shove that loan in explicit detail, and where they could go and gave them precise directions. The wetland I was attempting to restore is overgrown and filled in, and I'll not touch that mess again.

EPA was in the area because the 'creek fairies' across the river were moving rocks in a stream that were causing flooding in the town. They just sort of fanned out on both sides of the river and tried to drum up some work.

I really don't wish bad things on people, but as far as I'm concerned, everyone in the EPA can eat excrement, die, and go to the realm of Satan, seventh level, front row seats.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Trump has only been there for four weeks and thanks to Schumer's foot dragging he still doesn't have a full cabinet yet.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    One of the funniest/scariest things EPA has done was a couple years back when armed EPA agents in vests raided a plumbing company in Montana, shut them down and sealed the property under the guise of investigation of illegal dumping. I don't remember anything coming of it either but the EPA being armed with guns as well as a regulation book very very few can understand is asking for trouble in more areas than many people think.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Was it EPA or one of the other alphabet soup cluster-flops that raided Gibson Guitars and stole all the wood they used for making fretboards? That was another SWAT-style operation!
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,180 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Was it EPA or one of the other alphabet soup cluster-flops that raided Gibson Guitars and stole all the wood they used for making fretboards? That was another SWAT-style operation!
    :uhm:
    Jerry

EPA was involved, but so was Homeland Security and a few more govco alphabet soup agencies. Gibson got the wood back eventually and made a Government Series guitar model that sold out quickly. Just a buncha jackboot thugs being thugs. Good thing no supposed illicit firearms were involved or the BATFE would have gassed the whole plant and then burned it to the ground a la Waco.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.