Home Main Category Clubhouse

Cataract surgery on right eye done and back home

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,398 Senior Member
That was quick. I wondered about the sunglasses thing being required for post surgery. Ho Lee Crap! They were right! EVERYTHING was extremely bright without them! Everything looks fuzzy out of my right eye now, like looking through a lens that has been scuffed up with fine grit sandpaper. Doc said that should clear up by Saturday, though. BEST thing is no eye strain in right eye from trying to focus through that stupid cataract giving me a headache.

Get the left eye worked on on April 13th.

I was disappointed that I didn't get a cool Pirate eye patch to wear sleeping and showering. The one they gave me is clear plastic with air holes in it. Can't be a proper Pirate without an eye patch. :mad:
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey after its over you will be a real "Visionary" :jester:

Get well and back to good vision soon!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,393 Senior Member
    i had my other eye done late last year.

now no more glasses, but i do miss them.

I'm going to get some bi/tri-focals for reading the fine print and also sun glasses.

AFAIC, they have it down to an art now. you spend more time in Pre-op than the surgery.

ALos, i only had 1 drop to deal with whereas the first one i had 5 different drops.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Glad things are looking better, pun intended.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,921 Senior Member
    Excellent news, glad it all turned out well :up:
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Good to hear it went well...

Break -

Anyone heard from Paul?
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    My vision started clearing, distance first, by the afternoon of the surgery. I have been very pleased with the result.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Easy does it.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    :beer:
    Support your local Scouts!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    :angel2:

Keep away from dust and dirty work
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,742 Senior Member
    I got one of those aluminum eye cups with holes in it. I could see out of that eye immediately after the procedure. I had both eyes done at different times, no problems. I'm going on 72 YOA and don't wear glasses except for reading in questionable light.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Good to hear it went well...

Break -

Anyone heard from Paul?

I think Paul is probably busy with the PT they had him set up for after the surgery. (Physical Threrapy as opposed to the military style Physical Torture :tooth).
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, after you are all fixed up, you just may show up them youngsters at the SE Shoot :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Glad things are looking up

At least you didn't have an infracture.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    That's great! The wonders of modern medicine!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Awesome!!

Now you don't have to leave the eye patch bone stock do ya?

Gotta wear the eye shield for one week, they it's getting a paint job with a skull and crossed bones! ARrrrrr, I be a pirate soon!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Hey after its over you will be a real "Visionary" :jester:

Get well and back to good vision soon!

Thanky, BC. If the flea market in Sweetwater has a certain item in stock this weekend I'm gonna get you one. It isn't a goofy something, and I think you might like it right smart. I'll give it to you at the Shoot. :tooth:
    ilove22s wrote: »
    i had my other eye done late last year.

now no more glasses, but i do miss them.

I'm going to get some bi/tri-focals for reading the fine print and also sun glasses.

AFAIC, they have it down to an art now. you spend more time in Pre-op than the surgery.

ALos, i only had 1 drop to deal with whereas the first one i had 5 different drops.

I will have to wear reading glasses for reading and close work for sure as the lens implant is a custom distance vision lens.
    I spent more time in pre-op testing than being operated on, for sure. They make sure the lens you get is the the one that will give you as close to 20/20 vision as possible.
    The suture is driving me NUTZ. Feels like I have something in my eye irritating it.
    I have the eyedrops that are the combination instead of the three. It's a custom blended eye drop so naturally my insurance wouldn't pay for it. I could have gotten the three separate and still would have had to pay more out of pocket than the combo drops. The company that makes the eyedrops and other blended drugs is named Designer Drugs! Sort of a strange name for what they do, though.
    Dr. db wrote: »
    My vision started clearing, distance first, by the afternoon of the surgery. I have been very pleased with the result.

Mine is already beginning to clear up now at about 7 hours after the procedure.
    NN wrote: »
    :angel2:

Keep away from dust and dirty work

Thanks, NN! But remember, I'm not Mrs. Clean. I do dusting the house about once a month whether it needs it or not! :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Gotta wear the eye shield for one week, they it's getting a paint job with a skull and crossed bones! ARrrrrr, I be a pirate soon!

Thanky, BC. If the flea market in Sweetwater has a certain item in stock this weekend I'm gonna get you one. It isn't a goofy something, and I think you might like it right smart. I'll give it to you at the Shoot. :tooth:

I will have to wear reading glasses for reading and close work for sure as the lens implant is a custom distance vision lens.
    I spent more time in pre-op testing than being operated on, for sure. They make sure the lens you get is the the one that will give you as close to 20/20 vision as possible.
    The suture is driving me NUTZ. Feels like I have something in my eye irritating it.
    I have the eyedrops that are the combination instead of the three. It's a custom blended eye drop so naturally my insurance wouldn't pay for it. I could have gotten the three separate and still would have had to pay more out of pocket than the combo drops. The company that makes the eyedrops and other blended drugs is named Designer Drugs! Sort of a strange name for what they do, though.

Mine is already beginning to clear up now at about 7 hours after the procedure.

Thanks, NN! But remember, I'm not Mrs. Clean. I do dusting the house about once a month whether it needs it or not! :roll2:
    Yeah, you do go outside and have a shop to play in
    it is for 2 weeks I think.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,856 Senior Member
    Garrrr! Glad to hear it went well.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Hope it all turns out well for you.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 810 Senior Member
    I was disappointed that I didn't get a cool Pirate eye patch to wear sleeping and showering. The one they gave me is clear plastic with air holes in it. Can't be a proper Pirate without an eye patch. :mad:

PM me your address and I'll send you an eye patch, and pirate hat..
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    Good that all went well, I have them in both eyes, but they keep telling me there to small to remove.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    Sometimes you don't WANT to see perfectly.....................
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    Now that you're getting your vision back, you'll have to drink them pretty!!:jester:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Now that you're getting your vision back, you'll have to drink them pretty!!:jester:

This! :beer::love::beer::love::beer::love:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

Nope! I just turn on the Southern charm and they melt on the spot. Easy to cull the ugly ones! :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
    Rimfire wrote: »
    PM me your address and I'll send you an eye patch, and pirate hat..

I got plenty of leather and leather dye, so I can make my own eye patch. I'll just go with the pirate 'do rag' for a hat. Think I can find a big hoop earring of the clamp-on kind, too. :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    Nope! I just turn on the Southern charm and they melt on the spot. Easy to cull the ugly ones! :tooth:

Yup! Bigger puddle!
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Luck to you!
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    I got plenty of leather and leather dye, so I can make my own eye patch. I'll just go with the pirate 'do rag' for a hat. Think I can find a big hoop earring of the clamp-on kind, too. :roll2:

Just make the patch and post a few high-res pics...........I'll handle the rest. :jester:
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,731 Senior Member
    Eye hope the left goes just as well for you.
    olesniper wrote: »
    Just make the patch and post a few high-res pics...........I'll handle the rest. :jester:

I bet you could! I could do a photo or three with the eye patch lying on a table, though! :roll2:

Yup! Bigger puddle!

You misconstrue my meaning. I turn on the charm to the ones that I like and have a chance to make headway! :roll2: And at my age there are plenty of 'cougars' out there!
    ― Douglas Adams