Home Main Category Clubhouse

Appliance delivery "service"

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 6,450 Senior Member
So Mrs. Creek wanted a new washer and dryer for the new "Creek Cabin" , as the old ones never left Ohio. We pick them out and waited for them to be set up and delivered today. Well, they are in the house and set up but whatever monkey set up the dryer need remedial training. Hell I'd settle for basic dryer installation training. I bought a 4' semi rigid dryer hose to vent to the outside. If it was installed correctly one would only need about a foot of it it's almost a straight shot to the outside. These wonderful craftsman use all 4 feet and crushed it to push it back far enough to match the washer! Before, and with some choice words.....

And after:

I am so glad I wasn't here when the did this "work". Oh well all is right with the world rant over.:tooth:
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Wow.................that installer must want a new/different job. That is definitely unacceptable, and a fire hazard to boot as installed. Good thing you got some skills! :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Wow.................that installer must want a new/different job. That is definitely unacceptable, and a fire hazard to boot as installed. Good thing you got some skills! :up:
    I have some skills that come in handy:wink:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Send his boss that picture, along with a detailed explanation of why they won't be getting any more of your business.
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Send his boss that picture, along with a detailed explanation of why they won't be getting any more of your business.
    Jerry
    That's the plan. Along with a "please don't send anyone, I got it."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

Along with pointing out that 'Installing' an electric dryer is just about the easiest job an 'installer' could do. It should be stupid proof, but apparently not so much.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Thank God it's not just me.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    DAMN! I better go look behind our new one too... Also just got my new grill, smoker and garage beer fridge delivered. You can barely walk through the house because of the boxes everywhere. Good luck with the unpacking buddy!
    Thanks! Moving is both great and it sucks. I hate living with boxes in the house!
    cpj wrote: »
    Id ask what they charge per hour for labor. Hen ask them to cut you a check for ding their job.
    :tooth:ha not a bad idea. I just dont want a pissed off appliance monkey coming back to my home to do it right. No thanks.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Id ask what they charge per hour for labor. Hen ask them to cut you a check for ding their job.

And the cost of the vent hose.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    I bought a new washer/dryer set, last year. The 2 guys that delivered them did a great job. Unloaded them at the curb, unboxed them, tossed all the waste in the truck, rolled each one up my gravel drive and into the house, hooked them up, checked for leaks, tested each one, and asked me to look them over before they left. In and out in 30 minutes.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I used to deliver and install appliances, and next to fridges, dryers are the easiest to get right. But, I do prefer the more flexible exhaust hose so that it doesn't have to stick out further from the wall than the washer. Women notice that kind of stuff.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.