Home Main Category Clubhouse

Once in a while, you catch a break...

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 23,640 Senior Member
... Remember that cracked windshield?

SafeLite claims its their fault from the last one they installed in 2006 not being done right. So, they're going to remove the windshield, send the car to the body shop next door to have the rust that caused the crack repaired and the entire windshield frame/surround/whatchmacallit repainted, and install a new windshield. Oh, and provide me with a rental car for the 4 day duration of the job...

... all for FREE.

They've just made a customer for LIFE!

The only bad news is that I'm going to have to purchase a new Florida "SunPass" as I had just applied the one I bought to the inside of the windshield about 3 days before I discovered the crack. So I'm out $4.97...
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    :applause:
    Support your local Scouts!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    5 bucks for all that? Deal! Oh,what a Sun pass. You gotta pay to use the sun out there?
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    5 bucks for all that? Deal! Oh,what a Sun pass. You gotta pay to use the sun out there?

Its the toll road RFID gizmo.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Its the toll road RFID gizmo.
    Oh, stupid troll roads......
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    cpj wrote: »
    They offered that ? Admitted they did it wrong?

They sure did! I was flabberghasted...

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    There's more toll booths in south Florida than Waffle Houses!!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    There's more toll booths in south Florida than Waffle Houses!!

With a "Lion's Den" right next door! :tooth:

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    :applause:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Good for them!

I have to wonder though...

Why is it that when a company does what should be done, it's so noteworthy? This particular example is toward the extreme, but still...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    At least something worked out----should have asked for a new dress, too.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    At least something worked out----should have asked for a new dress, too.

:spittingcoffee:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,292 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    :spittingcoffee:

Come on Ned, it's a skirt. Not a dress!
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,108 Senior Member
    Skirt, dress.............whatever........Just as long as he doesnt post up pics of his 'Ghasted Flabber'.........
    zorba wrote: »
    They sure did! I was flabberghasted...
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Almost anything that's free is well worth saving up for.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Get the Sunpass transponder with the suction cups next time. On/off very easily, no worries
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    avmech wrote: »
    Get the Sunpass transponder with the suction cups next time. On/off very easily, no worries

Exactly and if you ever need to use a loaner or rental or crack a windshield, you take it with you.

HEY WAIT!! They are admitting to doing something wrong 11 years ago?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    BTW...

Florida Law is that your Insurance company MUST cover and replace your cracked windshield as part of the policy. If it gets chipped from a stone, cracked, or damaged once you report it they must replace it at the expense of the Insurance company. I believe it is no fault and does not count against you either. I have had two replaced this way, once on my van and once for my wife's Honda Pilot.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/will-insurance-repair-a-car-windshield-for-free-in-florida/

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    Hmmmm, there are actually more toll roads in Florida than I previously realized, but there is a legitimate reason for this. There is no Florida income tax, and sales taxes are relatively low. People that don't use these roads don't want to be penalized by paying higher taxes, so when new construction for roads is needed they make them toll roads, so that the user pays and no one else. I have no problem with this concept. There is a partially completed toll road system surrounding the Orlando area that makes it much more convenient and faster to get around in this area than it would be without it. It's worth the couple of bucks you have to pay each time, to get around quickly.

Here are Florida toll roads:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member
    I'll need someone to explain me the FLA's toll system someday; car rental companies insist in paying an extra fee for that "Sun pass" but I can't recall using it through the I-95, our "mandatory" road when traveling there....think I'm paying for snake oil ointment.

We drove in the I-70 for 8 hours in our last trip to CO and I can't recall our host paying ANY tolls at all.