79 year old homeowner gets in gunfight with multiple home invaders

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 9,687 Senior Member
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,082 Senior Member
    I thought that home invasions by multiple baddies were rare? That you had a greater chance of getting hit by a meteor?

Heard of any meteor deaths lately?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    Another one for the good guys. Sad that any kid would put himself in that position.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,618 Senior Member
    I thought that home invasions by multiple baddies were rare? That you had a greater chance of getting hit by a meteor?

Twice in less than a week too. It appears that the 79 year old also had cat like reflexes.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,331 Senior Member
    I happen to know someone who had a meteor crash into their house - about the size of a large adult male fist. Ended up in the hallway - but even then, nobody was hit by the thing!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,516 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    Another one for the good guys. Sad that any kid would put himself in that position.

The invader may have been a kid, but there was nothing in the article BC posted to say that. But, I do agree that it's sad for anyone to put himself in that position.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    I thought that home invasions by multiple baddies were rare?

?
    Not so in Nc
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,507 Senior Member

Heard of any meteor deaths lately?
    Better off buying a skid of toilet paper to prep for the Pockylpse than train for multiple attackers in the home.....

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,413 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Twice in less than a week too. It appears that the 79 year old also had cat like reflexes.

Along with nerves of steel and an icy gaze.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    I've often thought meteors were somehow 'guided' - how else are they almost always able to land in the middle of craters?
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    I've often thought meteors were somehow 'guided' - how else are they almost always able to land in the middle of craters?
    Hey, that is like the guys I flew with, all but one always landed on the runway
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member
    You really have to be desperate and dumb to brake into someones home while occupied. To enter a occupied
    bedroom is double stupid and a sure cure for drug addiction. Having a dog or two helps!
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Glad to here the old timer is going to be okay.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,159 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    I happen to know someone who had a meteor crash into their house - about the size of a large adult male fist. Ended up in the hallway - but even then, nobody was hit by the thing!

A meteorite is a valuable thing!
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,494 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Hey, that is like the guys I flew with, all but one always landed on the runway

Was your call sign "Willys" ?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.