Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Bombs Away

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    CUBA produces more oil than Syria...

Yep- - - - -Israel drilled a well, and hit a gusher of chicken soup! Just because a country is part of the sandbox doesn't necessarily mean they're oozing black gold everywhere. Remember Billy Carter's comment- - - - - -"Why does our only friend in the middle east have to be Israel- - - - -the place with no oil?" At least Billy was too dumb to hide his anti-Semitism. His brother was a little more sneaky about it!
    Jerry
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Suddenly all this interest in South Sudan but not a word about North Sudan. We have to ask why.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Let me put it to you this way... CUBA produces more oil than Syria... but please do not inject any logic into a perfectly good emotional rant... ok carry on everyone...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_proven_oil_reserves
    Care to spread more lies because you can"t counter with facts?
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    According to that link, Sudan has more oil than Syria and Cuba combined. Why the hell aren't we there if all we are after is the oil?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Jermanator wrote: »
    According to that link, Sudan has more oil than Syria and Cuba combined. Why the hell aren't we there if all we are after is the oil?

South Sudan. Don't tell Trump.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Does Syria even have oil?

They do have the chemicals to make it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    Say WHAT.!?!?! :uhm:
    I know, right?

So by that logic, Tubabucknut is an Bannon-league nationalist, and those who don't have a problem with the missiles (like you, correct?) are NY liberals.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    A lot of difference between Obama/Hillary and Mad Dog Mattis. His qualifications are more than just being a Community Organizer or a Lady in Waiting. Don't know what your qualifications are to say Mattis was tactically wrong, but I know enough to not question the Secretary of Defense's tactics. He was ordered lawfully and carried out that order with skill and resolve.

Gene I humbly apologize for disagreeing with anything said. I didn't realize I was out depth in this discussion with you. My experience in the military is nothing compared to your knowledge base of how targets are strategically selected at the national level, and that knowledge is only surpassed by your condescending arrogance targeted at people with different opinions than yours.
    Please forgive my mistake in ever thinking I could have a discussion with you on this matter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,615 Senior Member
    Sarcasm is a trip you should not take without a road map.

You're not the only one here who has served in the military, btw, and unless you qualify your strategic ability, you're just another member with an opinion.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    I know, right?

So by that logic, Tubabucknut is an Bannon-league nationalist, and those who don't have a problem with the missiles (like you, correct?) are NY liberals.

Yeah that is funny. That guy, whoever he is, is an idiot.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    Yeah that is funny. That guy, whoever he is, is an idiot.
    Yeah, I danged near wrecked my car trying to wrap my head around that...
    I'm just here for snark.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    They do have the chemicals to make it.

They definitely have the chemicals to make more Sarin and other gas WMD. The buy it from Egypt. Even if they did give up all their gas weapons to Obama, it's an easy task to make more. And most insecticides are just highly watered down versions of chemical weapons. I bet Syria has a few plants capable of making concentrated insecticides for spraying on 'crops'.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Well golly Gene you want me to whip it out so you can measure, post my records brief for you to see, tell you who was in the situation room on 2 may listening to the hit....

You're right lots of folks in the forum have military experience, some may have spent a year on R&R at china beach and others may have been around the block once or twice, or even two or three different blocks. Either way you don't know...

I will say that today I saw SECDEF Mathis sit with a man I trust, and tell the world he is certain Asaad conducted the attacks. So on that speculation I was wrong. However, I still don't agree with what was done.
    I also learned today the airstrip was not the target, and we did accomplish our target goals.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    Oh and we are in Sudan. Carrier strike group 10 and other assets just finished an operation that covered Sudan.

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    A sole-source bidder contract ? How does that work ? A company bids against itself ?
    LW wrote: »
    If you were actually inclined to read what is posted here as opposed to uselessly react and blast childish insults to all who disagree you'd noticed I posted about oil production not reserves. Oil in the ground is worth NOTHING until extracted in a cost effective manner and made into useful stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

Cuba #57
    Syria #64

No please go back to your completely emotional rant about nothing.

Wonder why that is. Could be a war going on. Syria dwarfs Cuba's production, when they are not involved in a civil war.

Lie: something intended or serving to convey a false impression

I was raised that telling half truthes in order to decieve is known as a lie.

You knew what you were doing.

If you were in a race with Trump you would be known as lyin wambli. LW it is.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,185 Senior Member
    Wonder why that is. Could be a war going on. Syria dwarfs Cuba's production, when they are not involved in a civil war.

Lie: something intended or serving to convey a false impression

I was raised that telling half truthes in order to decieve is known as a lie.

You knew what you were doing.

If you were in a race with Trump you would be known as lyin wambli. LW it is.

WOW, and I thought you were out of line before.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Oh and we are in Sudan. Carrier strike group 10 and other assets just finished an operation that covered Sudan.

World is a crazy place. I missed the fact that we were there. Hope they did some good regarding helping them find that one group that is raising havoc.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,137 Senior Member
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I was surprised also about the low ranking that Syria got in world oil production so I did a little more research. It seems that Syria doesn't produce very much oil. The effect of the Syrian war on oil prices is basically people hedging against spill over from the conflict into Syria's neighbors. Although Wambli quoted them correctly and from the same source, I have less confidence about Cuba's number since, according to another article, almost the entire Cuban refinery capacity is devoted to processing Venezuelan crude and, according to another, USGS has said potential reserves in the gulf of Cuba (I think I remember this correctly) have not been proven. Still the figures Wambli quoted are correct. Still surprised.
    I agree about production vs reserves because reserves can be more, or less, possible to bring on line based on present prices. I'm just saying that I confirmed the Syria number you, Wambli, quoted by looking at other sources however I am still suspicious of the Cuban number. More research. Perhaps it is because I am so surprised by the number but it might be because I just don't trust a communist regime to EVER tell the truth.
    Just recently, Cuba developed some off shore wells just to the north of them. That is where most of their oil is coming from.
    -Thomas Paine
    -Thomas Paine
    Well golly Gene you want me to whip it out so you can measure, post my records brief for you to see, tell you who was in the situation room on 2 may listening to the hit....

You're right lots of folks in the forum have military experience, some may have spent a year on R&R at china beach and others may have been around the block once or twice, or even two or three different blocks. Either way you don't know...

I will say that today I saw SECDEF Mathis sit with a man I trust, and tell the world he is certain Asaad conducted the attacks. So on that speculation I was wrong. However, I still don't agree with what was done.
    I also learned today the airstrip was not the target, and we did accomplish our target goals.

If you are referring to that airplane revetment with the blown up dual canister containers outside, then I think I know what you're referring to about accomplishing target goals. Those dual canister containers are only used to transport/store ONE thing.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Reserves are a theoretical indicator. No more no less. There is plenty of oil out there that is undesirable because of geography, political climate, quality of the crude and economic viability of extraction/processing. As I said before, production is the number that matters.

Being old and having a memory that stores scraps of info that goes rattling around in my brain for DECADES, I just remembered one of those scraps. Remember back in the 1990's, and possibly the 1980's when the U.S. and Cuba butted heads over Cuba drilling oil wells in the Gulf of Mexico? There was a poo storm/food fight over that, and IIRC Cuba won that one; international waters thing. And I also seem to remember Venezuela or another South American country helping Cuba getting the drilling going.
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    If you are referring to that airplane revetment with the blown up dual canister containers outside, then I think I know what you're referring to about accomplishing target goals. Those dual canister containers are only used to transport/store ONE thing.

That's one of them. Not all of the targets were released to open source, but I want to say the released numbers were 57/59 targets, 20 of the targets were identified as mission capable aircraft.

Interesting...

From the site:

"In 2012, three deepwater (more than 300 meters of water) exploration wells were drilled by the Italian platform Scarabeo 9(owned by Saipem, for different oil companies : one for Repsol was finished in May,[7] one for Petronas and Gazpromneft, finished in August,[8] and finally one for PdVSA, finished in late October.[9] None of the three found commercial quantity of oil or gas, which jeopardized Cuba's hope to find hydrocarbons to boost its economy, and prompted Repsol to relinquish its concessions in this country [10] The planned departure of the only deep-water drilling rig available in the fall of 2012 set the detailed exploration program necessary back for a period of years. There remain unexplored deep-water leases held by Vietnamese and Angolan firms and drilling was planned on a shallow-water prospect east of Havana by Zarubezhneft, a Russian company, using a Norwegian rig."

This is what I meant about some of the, I guess we should now call them theoretical, reserves.
    That's one of them. Not all of the targets were released to open source, but I want to say the released numbers were 57/59 targets, 20 of the targets were identified as mission capable aircraft.

Thought so; good to get confirmation on that, though! I noticed a few more photos that are making the rounds on the internet that I recognized for what they are. No info was given as to what the photos showed, but they were definitely significant targets worth destroying.
    ― Douglas Adams